Thread: just cause no JO doesn't mean no playoffs...

Default just cause no JO doesn't mean no playoffs...

remember last year? the suspensions the injuries...this is nothing new! JO injured that shoulder and tinsley went down. We still made the playoffs! And the east is so weak that a sub 500. team like maybe orlando might get in! So in no way do I think we are lottery bound.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Default Re: just cause no JO doesn't mean no playoffs...

While I don't disagree that we can make the playoffs, you just can't compare this to last season.

We had the "ralley around Reggie" faction who did not want him to go down without going to the playoffs.

We had Reggie himself, being more like a 29 year old Reggie. He helped you win several games.

We had Dale Davis. I know coming from me that this won't mean much, but IMO Dale being here was the differance between making the playoffs & the lottery. Honestly he inspired the team to several victorys.

We had an us vs. the world mentality. The players felt like outside forces were messing with them so they bonded. This season the team has been destroyed from within.

We now have several players who are "not getting theirs" & they don't like it.

I think we can make the playoffs but it is going to take a couple of things to happen.

1. We have zero room for error. We cannot take quarters, minuets or halfs off. We have to compete for 48 min. every game.

2. We must change our offense. Sounds like that is already in play so we'll see.

3. We must end the p.g. controversy & for that matter we must get our P.G. to play better.

4. Austin Croshere must step up & be the vocal, emotional & example leader. No, I'm not kidding. Austin is the one player who brings it every night on both ends of the floor, he causes no trouble & understands Carlisle's system even better than our P.G.'s do (isn't that a crime btw). If someone has a problem following Austin, Bird should ship him out fast. So if Jax doesn't want to follow, welcome to Toronto Stephen. If Jamaal doesn't want to follow have a nice time in (insert team name here).

5. Every player that can play, needs to. No more injurys because guys are playing 15 min. more a game than they are used to. That means some 10 day contracts.

Pacesetter

That's pretty detailed synopsis peck, I agree with everything you've said except 5. I don't think any 10 day contracts are necessary, but that's because I think our guys can handle the extra minutes, and they need to step into their respective roles right away no more delays.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do I think we can make the playoffs? Yes.

Do I worry about making the playoffs? Yes, also.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's pretty detailed synopsis peck, I agree with everything you've said except 5. I don't think any 10 day contracts are necessary, but that's because I think our guys can handle the extra minutes, and they need to step into their respective roles right away no more delays.

We are awfully short at the big man spot.

Foster tweaked his back, Pollard is whatever Pollard is, Harrison is likely to foul out in 12 min., J.O. is gone....

Croshere is the center.

Harrison will start out at center but Croshere will be spending lots of time there.

So to keep it that Cro isn't beaten to death in about 20 games we will need some other big bodys to help take the pressure off of him.

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are awfully short at the big man spot.

Foster tweaked his back, Pollard is whatever Pollard is, Harrison is likely to foul out in 12 min., J.O. is gone....

Croshere is the center.

Harrison will start out at center but Croshere will be spending lots of time there.

So to keep it that Cro isn't beaten to death in about 20 games we will need some other big bodys to help take the pressure off of him.
    We are in trouble aren't we? I forgot about Foster being hurt. I just hate bringing in new folks to drop kick em in two weeks, but if they have to they have to. We've been successful when JO was down before maybe they can do it again with a smaller lineup. Just a thought.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Let's put it this way.

Assuming JO stays out, if we make the playoffs this year, Rick will have done one hell of a job for the last half of the season.

And the players will have risen above it all and put their petty differences behind them.

But one thing is for sure, at least for me. With the offense that these guys will be playing, I think they will become more enjoyable for me to watch. Just like last year after the suspensions.

I liked the equal opportunity offense and the "swarm defense", where we always looked in panic mode, but somehow accomplished the goal more often than not.

Granger will continue developing and will have a lot of responsibility, especially with Cro spending so much time at center. He may have to play a lot at PF.

Harrison will have to step up and learn to defend without accummulating fouls, because that is the only thing that will enable Cro to play more at PF than at C.

And Peja? Well re will ahve to become the Peja of 2 years ago and quickly learn to mesh with his new teammates.

And I won't even attempt to address the mess we have at PG.

Lottery bound? Most likely. But at least we are going to have a lot of fun along the way.

Old as Dirt

This might not fit here but How bad is Fosters back?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we do make the playoffs (which I believe we will), I hope it's at the #7 spot. I'm getting damn sick of losing to the Pistons. I can tolerate them, but as long as they have Sheed I just won't ever like them.