Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rumblings at Conseco today?

Default Re: Rumblings at Conseco today?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    None of this makes sense to me. Why would there be a series of meetings between players and management about trade rumors. Isn't that what the source is saying.

My guess is that the meetings were about meeting expectations.

Bird & Walsh made it clear that they did not like the way the team was losing, not that it was losing.

I think they think the players are just going through the motions.

It was probably a motivational talk more than anything.

Ok Geez, am I reading that correct with Smash talking about trading away big name guys (JO) and then the minor mention of KG?

Smash was usually in the 70% true before, but this one might be hard to swallow.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Denver can't trade away two #1 picks in a row, it would be for 2008 or later

????

Says he might know something he can't say .... then later mentions KG in a Pacer uniform in passing?

I'm not sold on him, or his credibility. However, I do hope I read into it right, and that he is in fact right. What a wet dream that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck

Bird & Walsh made it clear that they did not like the way the team was losing, not that it was losing.

Peck, do you think Smash is jacking with people or something legit going on?You've known him for a long time.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

DG-33

I also believe it's made up BS to keep everyone busy now that Artest is gone.

I do believe that Smash has connections. I also believe he makes stuff up for the hell of it.

I come away with the same conclusion I had before--the Pacers could look for a trade.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I'd be very happy with a Fred for Pietrus swap. I also like the Denver deal (I don't care about the draft pick).

In his last post, Smash suggests he's holding back something he knows. Makes me wonder if a trade is closer than I ever thought (which is to say I doubted there would be another one any time soon; IE no sooner than August).

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    Peck, do you think Smash is jacking with people or something legit going on?You've known him for a long time.
    Believe this! When Smash jacks with people everyone knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Believe this! When Smash jacks with people everyone knows it.
    Yeah the man never has been very PC. But the minute you think he feeding you a line of S... everything he says turns out true.

Yeah the man never has been very PC. But the minute you think he feeding you a line of S... everything he says turns out true.
    I go to the Star forum just to read him and Foretaz. Do I believe everything they say? Of course not, but both make a person think and that is very refreshing from the mostly mindless chatter of a lot of high volume vocal posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck

OH. That makes sense

I updated the original post with all of Pacer35's replies in that thread on RATS.

-J

Quote Originally Posted by JBones19
    The thing about all of this is that players have never come up to the main offices or conference rooms for meetings. There was also some dicussion about the Bender retirement thing moving forward, as his contract, much like Terrell Brandons could be added to any deal as a sweetner. Thats a 7 million dollar sweetner.
    Well, since nobody else jumped on this one.

No, it isn't. It's not permitted under the cap rules.

So if someone from the Pacers is actually talking about it, that someone should be fired.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

isn't JO younger then KG? KG can't do crap and with the recent trade don't look for him to be moved. Ricky davis + KG seems lethal. And banks!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

After reading the second part I think he is having fun. He "knows" things you couldn't know unless you made them up. My prediction is that in a couple more posts he is going to say what he knows but can't say.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Like Will said, when Brother Smash wants to Jack with someone you can rest assured he will let it be known he is jacking with someone.

Smash is for real. He was my pitbull brother of the core for years & I've always found that I could believe what he said.

He does like to mess with people, but he doesn't do it in this fashon.

In other words, right now he is not in Character.

He is shooting, being real, so to speak.

When he goes into character & messes with someone he becomes DA One DA Only DA Smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaashhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

He even has a differant style of typing when he does that.

If I were a betting man I would tell you that I would bet everything I had on what he was saying today.

God I miss Da Smash. I wish he would join his old core brothers on the digest.

If somebody goes over there, please tell him I said "Hey".

I would be very disappointed if Fred Jones was traded in anyway, even if it was in a deal that makes us much better. Something about the way he has been playing has slowly turned him into one of my favorite players. Pretty much everyone is showing an utter lack of effort right now, be he still comes in off the bench and actually plays like he believes we can win, even though noone else does.

And Donnie is usually pretty loyal to players who are loyal to him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Someone above is correct that Bender's trade doesn't make sense. The receiving team won't get cap relief from his retirement.

As for Tinsley's BYC status, the heck with it. Trade him anyway and get a little cap relief.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dre Miller and a pick Jackson and Johnson makes sense. But the Nuggets are playing well do they risk bringing in Jackson and his lomg range bombing and moodiness?

Dre is a combo guard as much as he is a true point guard , I could see him and Sarunas playing together in a Euro ( or Suns) uptempo game. Driving and dishing to spot up shooters Peja , Croshere , Fred.

Miller could play the sg along side Tinsley too .

The Laker move only makes sense IF the Pacers have no desire to resign Jones ( or feel they can't afford him). Brian Cook is another big like Croshere , who is better away from the basket. I could see them accepting Medvedenko salary ( he's out for the season and his contract is expiring ) before McKie. George is a good defender and a good long range shooter off the benxh.

Knowing Walsh , the 6 weeks he has taken to pull off the Peja/Artest trade has been used setting up other moves and evaluating the current roster.
    With Jermaine out longterm he may have decided now is the time to make radical moves .

I doubt either of the 2 trades happens but I do believe the Pacers will make at least one more trade before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR
    I would be very disappointed if Fred Jones was traded in anyway, even if it was in a deal that makes us much better. Something about the way he has been playing has slowly turned him into one of my favorite players. Pretty much everyone is showing an utter lack of effort right now, be he still comes in off the bench and actually plays like he believes we can win, even though noone else does.

And Donnie is usually pretty loyal to players who are loyal to him.
    He needs to quit being loyal to players and make some moves to win us games.

Fred is one guy I'd like to keep.

I still want earl watson. The Nuggets are undefeated when Earl starts

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This seems to make sense to me. I've been saying that a major shakeup is in the works and is very much needed. The next few weeks will be very interested.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would love it if the Andre Miller and Pietrus deals happen...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DG-33
    I also believe it's made up BS to keep everyone busy now that Artest is gone.
    Yeah...no kidding...I miss the good ol days when I could check the PD Rumor Thread just to see if it was updated in between the last 2 minutes that I checked.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.