Thread: Positive Outlook (for the playoffs)

Default Positive Outlook (for the playoffs)

So I started thinking, how can I gather ANYTHING positive from all this? Well, there is one thing. The Pacers are probably going to slip a bit without J.O. They're in sixth now. I think we'll finish right below Milwuakee and Cleveland but still in the playoffs. Now, if J.O. wasn't injured, or if the entire team was healthy, we'd probably jump to 4th. We'd have a tough matchup with Cleveland or Milwaukee in the first round and IF we beat them we would then face a Pistons team probably fresh off of a sweep. I think we'll prolly get the sixth seed because of this injury just like last year (Milwaukee and Cleveland will be too far ahead and I'm not really worried about any other team in the East). Then we could luck out on the other side of the Piston draw and play most likely Miami and New Jersey who I'd much rather play than Detroit and Cleveland/Milwuakee. Also, I think by the time the playoffs begin this team might be getting itself together. Hopefully J.O. will be back by then and we'll see how potent this Peja-J.O. offense really is. If we are lucky (and yes I know, kind of a stretch lucky) we might even face off against the Pistons in the ECF...all because J.O. got injured...yeah, it's kind of weak but at least I'm trying to look on the bright side of things!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Positive Outlook (for the playoffs)

Face Detroit in the ECF?

With JO out the rest of the season, and our current chemistry problems, the only way we face Detroit will be in the first round as the #8 seed.

I'll give it a couple of weeks, but I think we may be lottery bound.

I'm not going to go through this season thinkning, just wait til the playoffs. I did that all last year and I'm not doing it again.

Harmonica

East has gotten a lot stronger since last year so I think there's a good chance we won't make the playoffs. I think we're going to continue to tumble.