Thread: Oh Well time to move on.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Oh Well time to move on.

Thank God that's over.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

PistonsDynasty

Why was the game thread locked??

Great game guys. You have to give it to the Stones. They wanted it more in the 4th.

Darko with a nice lay-up

One Love,
    PEACE

The game wasn't meaningless tho in showing how the new look and end of reg season Pistons matchup with the end of reg season Pacers.

The report is.... we best be glad we have homecourt. Also, we best hope that the Pistons can't maintain that kind of play throughout a series... or that we have a player or two get hot and not miss.

The only way I see Tinsely making much difference is if is shot is on... or the fact he can get the ball over the timeline. IOW, I don't think we can look to the lack of Tinsley as being the difference in the game.

[size=9:7d7792517f] I still say we shoulda traded Al.[/size]

-Bball[size=9:7d7792517f] [/size]
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

PistonsDynasty

Why was the game thread locked??
    It's not "locked". It's been moved to the archive, like every game thread is when the game is over.
    You guys move it 3 minutes after the game?

But I aint mad at you

Great game guys.
    I completely disagree. That was a HORRIBLE game. Congrats on the win, but if that's the best the Pistons can do, I'll feel very confident about our chances in the ECF.

The game wasn't meaningless tho in showing how the new look and end of reg season Pistons matchup with the end of reg season Pacers.

The report is.... we best be glad we have homecourt. Also, we best hope that the Pistons can't maintain that kind of play throughout a series... or that we have a player or two get hot and not miss.

The only way I see Tinsely making much difference is if is shot is on... or the fact he can get the ball over the timeline. IOW, I don't think we can look to the lack of Tinsley as being the difference in the game.

[size=9:db53cc90fc] I still say we shoulda traded Al.[/size]

-Bball[size=9:db53cc90fc] [/size]
    I think you guys are severely underestimating the value of Tins and JB to this team. But that's okay. Let us stew in this and remember it when the rematch comes. You saw what happened to Milwaukee when we came in with a chip on our shoulders.

Tins will help us get easier baskets. That will be the biggest difference and it will be a bigger deal than you think in these low scoring games.

I still expect the Pacers to win the series.

By the way the Pistons deserve credit for the win and how we played--I know some hate it on this board when the opposing team say thier SF just had an off night.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

The Pistons played great defense.

But I still see one of the biggest factors in this game was simply that the Pacers couldn't hit an open shot as it was presented to them. The Pistons contested a lot of shots especially within 10 feet of the basket. But we still had more than our share of open shots, which we obligingly missed.

The Pistons got some steals early and I think that affected the way we made our entry passes as the game progressed. Many times the passer was placing the ball too wide for the front court player to catch, leading to a turnover.

The Pistons defense certainly rattled our players. But overall, this was a very poorly executed game by the Pacers. As poorly as we played, it could have almost been a confidence builder for the Pacers if they had somehow managed to stay within 5-6 points. But with the substantial margin, I'm sure our guys don't know what to make of it.

I think you guys are severely underestimating the value of Tins and JB to this team. But that's okay. Let us stew in this and remember it when the rematch comes. You saw what happened to Milwaukee when we came in with a chip on our shoulders.
    No, I didn't say we couldn't beat Detroit... it is just going to be a lot harder than if they were the same team we'd met the other 3 times. Beating any good team 4 times in a row is never easy anyway. Everyone should now know the Pistons CAN beat the Pacers tho. And if the Pistons bring that kind of defense and methodical offense (that the Pacers couldn't match) then it will be hard. Fortunately, the Pacers do have a few things on their side and quite honestly I'd forgot about Bender. Then again, with his scant minutes and IR time he is easy to forget.

I am most certainly NOT going to count on Bender to be our ace in the hole... our trump card... our secret weapon...our (here it comes Donnie) X factor. If he is... GREAT.... but I don't want to count on that.

I am never going to think a game against Larry Brown is going to be easy when he has his players believing and playing the right way.

It is just clear to me that it is now the Pacers who will have to rise to the occassion.

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Tim

[size=9:5d57f0eb8a] I still say we shoulda traded Al.[/size]

-Bball[size=9:5d57f0eb8a] [/size]
    Even without Al here Pistons win this game today. Pistons were desperate not to get swept, Pacers just wanted to win without more injuries.

With Al here it is possible for the Pacers to still break 60 wins.

Trading Al doesn't automatically mean the Pacers get better. What looks good on paper doesn't always work out.

Trading Al will not change the starting lineup (no team would be stupid enough to give us a good quality starting center), so at best you trade away a legit 6th man candidate for something less to come off the bench.

Donnie already talked about trading Al in the media before the trade deadline, he basically said it isn't going to happen unless he is offered a lopsided deal. Nobody is looking to make the Pacers better, not even Chicago.

You are stuck with Al, even during the summer, you are stuck with Al.
    When the Pacers finally get healthy, you are stuck with Al.
    Read all the trade rumors you want, you are stuck with Al.
    You can even continue to ignore that Al said he is happy with his situation and knows he will start someday soon and will be staying a Pacer (hint hint), you are stuck with Al.

Like it or not, Al is the most tradeable commodity on a team with several weaknesses that need to be adressed. He plays at a relatively redundant position, is good enough to get a good player in return, and doesn't have a BYC or other unfortunate contract situation. This team needs to be improved and right now trading Al is the best route to take toward making these improvements.

IndyToad
    Let me read my paper

I could understand why people always talked about trading Al after a loss before the trade deadline--we could trade Al and never lose again.

But now long after the deadline and weeks before the playoffs? I don't get it. We can't do anything so why bring it up after every lose?
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I could understand why people always talked about trading Al after a loss before the trade deadline--we could trade Al and never lose again.

But now long after the deadline and weeks before the playoffs? I don't get it. We can't do anything so why bring it up after every lose?
    I'm thinking ahead about what we need to do to defend our NBA Championship next year

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

bball you are overlooking the fact that the other teams always comit more fouls than the Pacers when Tins is running the show. Part of that is that he has become a better perimiter defender which protects Ron and Jermaine.

But the main thing is that he is very good at getting the ball to a payer in a position that makes the other team foul them in the act of shooting because they had been beat so badly by his passing.

There would have been no 8 second violations if the rotation were Tinsley/Kenny There were more than one with AJ.

Here is my favorite stat to explain why I hate AJ's game so much.

Games with more than 7 assists this year 0

Games where he has committed more than one 8 second violation 5

Point guards who regularly give up 8 second violations are simply not point guards.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well I will agree Tinsley helps get us easier baskets but what good does that do when people aren't hitting shots ? We missed alot of layups which should have been easy points.

I went back and watched the 1st quarter and Kenny was defintely moving the ball upcourt much quicker than later in the game , it seemed like once AJ came in we just went flat like a tire who just hit a sharp nail. I did notice alot of times pacers players just standing on the floor not moving , several times I caught AL parked around the 3 point line just staring off into space , it's hard for a gaurd to do his job when his team mates are just standing around and not creating movement.

I think once AJ came in and they really put pressure on him they really stepped up the defensive effort is pressuring the pacers , alot of the 1st quarter the pistons didn't put as much pressure on the pacers gaurds as they did in quarters 2,3 and 4 ..

Like it or not, Al is the most tradeable commodity on a team with several weaknesses that need to be adressed. He plays at a relatively redundant position, is good enough to get a good player in return, and doesn't have a BYC or other unfortunate contract situation. ...
    No one will be BYC this summer.

As for the game I didn't get to see it. Looking at the box score I did notice we had one more field goal attempt than Detroit. We also had one more rebound. They did take more foul shots but each team fouled 21 times.

What I read from that is these teams are close in ability, so it might come down to home court advantage.

Like it or not, Al is the most tradeable commodity on a team with several weaknesses that need to be adressed. He plays at a relatively redundant position, is good enough to get a good player in return, and doesn't have a BYC or other unfortunate contract situation. ...
    No one will be BYC this summer.
    I will be after I grow 8 inches taller.
    Say what??????