Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

  1. #1
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,762

    Default Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...601270499/1088

    What Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal thought was a two-week injury could end his regular season.

    MRI test results Thursday revealed O'Neal will miss at least eight weeks with a significant tear in his left groin, which happened in the fourth quarter of Tuesday's 30-point loss at Cleveland.
    There is a chance the All-Star forward might not be back until the playoffs, if the Pacers make it. O'Neal said he doesn't think he needs surgery.
    "I believe I'm going to be back, hopefully more sooner than later, but it won't be a situation like my ankle, where it was still swollen and I was trying to play on it," O'Neal said. "It's got to be a situation where I can be 98, 99, 100 percent back because I don't want to go through a situation where it becomes a recurring issue or needs surgery."
    O'Neal, who was on pace to start in next month's All-Star Game, missed six games this month because of pneumonia and a left ankle sprain.
    O'Neal's groin injury leaves a shortage of big men. Scot Pollard is out indefinitely with a back injury and Jeff Foster tweaked his back in practice Thursday, leaving his status for tonight's game against Cleveland up in the air. Austin Croshere will start in O'Neal's place. There's a possibility the Pacers could try to sign a player to a 10-day contract.
    "We'll look at it," Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh said.


    ****************************

    Maybe we should have kept Samaki around afterall

  2. #2
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,347

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Note to management: The new unis are obviously bad luck. Let's go retro the rest of the season.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  3. #3
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,706

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Question to our resident doctor(s) : How big is the change this happened because he was playing on an ankle that was still injured ?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  4. #4
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,347

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question to our resident doctor(s) : How big is the change this happened because he was playing on an ankle that was still injured ?
    Wasn't there a quote from JO saying the groin area had been 'tight' for a while (before this more serious injury)?

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  5. #5
    Member scar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Milford, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,043
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Does anyone else feel that releasing Samaki Walker for no freakin' reason was a bad move?

  6. #6
    Member scar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Milford, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,043
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    I believe Samaki is now overseas playing ball. What about Rodney Rogers? George Lynch? Tap the D-League Donnie!

  7. #7
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    OH NO!!! yeah, JO had mentioned that it was 'tight' but not neccessarily serious, but I guess now we know.

    About goin retro, don't we have to play in these jerseys for atleast another season? or does that only count towards wearing alternates?

  8. #8
    Member scar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Milford, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,043
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    The Pacers affiliate D-League team, the Tulsa 66'ers have really no quality big men, but they do have one guy named Otis George. He's averaging 8.4 ppg, 4.7 bpg, .6 apg, .27 spg, .23 bpg in about 22 minutes per game.

    If you look up his college stats, nothing jumps off the page that says, 'This guy could be a pro.' I'd say Dane Fife would have made a better pro. But hey, what do I know, George is coming off of a 28 point game.

    http://www.nba.com/dleague/players/otis_george.html

  9. #9
    DG-33
    Guest

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    I don't think we're gonna make the playoffs folks.

    I hate to say it. but I'd kinda like to see us play terrible the rest of the year and end up with a top-7 pick. Then either draft a future star, or trade it for a current one. Top-7 pick would land us a hell of a big man in a trade. *cough*Brad Miller*cough*
    It sounds rough I know, but I think thats the only shot at a championship we have within the next 5 years. I'd be willing to sacrafice the rest of the year to become a truly elite team again. Would anyone else?

  10. #10
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,347

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Quote Originally Posted by DG-33
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we're gonna make the playoffs folks.

    I hate to say it. but I'd kinda like to see us play terrible the rest of the year and end up with a top-7 pick. Then either draft a future star, or trade it for a current one. Top-7 pick would land us a hell of a big man in a trade. *cough*Brad Miller*cough*

    Who has missed more games since the summer of 03... JO or Brad Miller?

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  11. #11
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,347

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Quote Originally Posted by DG-33
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It sounds rough I know, but I think thats the only shot at a championship we have within the next 5 years. I'd be willing to sacrafice the rest of the year to become a truly elite team again. Would anyone else?
    You take your shots and goose it the best you possibly can while you are there in the window because you never know what will happen to keep you from getting back there.

    "We ain't in the window no more" -We threw one away... and bought a load of fool's gold to keep us happy for the last 5-6 years. Livin' on hype and hope...

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  12. #12
    Member Harddrive7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    So is AD not an option anymore? Hell, it's a warm body that can still play.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Ok, I guess I was right, Marcus Fizer (Tinsley's old Iowa State Teammate) IS down in the NBADL. I don't find any team affiliation but he has played 17 games with the Austin team and is averaging 19.6pts, 7.2rbs a game.

    Sounds like he might be worth a 10 day contract. Anyone have any more information?

    Outsider

  14. #14
    DG-33
    Guest

    Default

    Fizer is averaging 20/7/3 for the Austin Toro's. http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/marcus_fizer

  15. #15

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Not sure it is even possible, but if it is do you think the P's should consider bringing over Lorbek? We could sure use a big body and he at least right now is part of our future, we could get an early look at him.

  16. #16
    Member bread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Here^
    Age
    48
    Posts
    307

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Quote Originally Posted by scar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone else feel that releasing Samaki Walker for no freakin' reason was a bad move?
    IIRC we released him right before the deadline that would have guaranteed his contract for the rest of the year. It was also during that time that we were looking at possibly getting two players in exchange for Ron and we also had 3 mostly healthy centers already. All of those factors are the reason we released him. In hindsight, sure we should have kept him. But it was the right move at the time IMO.

  17. #17
    Member denyfizle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nap Town
    Posts
    1,409
    Mood

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    just our luck. no Pacer in the All-Star game this year

  18. #18
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We ain't in the window no more
    We threw one away...
    and bought a load of fool's gold
    to keep us happy for the last 5-6 years.
    Livin' on hype and hope...
    Lyrics from Ron's latest rap album?

  19. #19
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,038

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    I think TPTB need to have a complete investigation to find out who in the organization broke a black cat while walking under a mirror with a ladder crossing their path.

    Or is that, "Step on a crack, break your center's back. Step on a line, strain your forward's groin?"
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  20. #20
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,851

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Wouldn't that be "strain your forward's grine"?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  21. #21
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Conseco Fieldhouse was built on an old indian burial ground...
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  22. #22
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,913

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    If this had happened to Tinsley you would all be trying to run him out of town tonight. Yet when Jermaine (who always seems to be injured durring the playoffs save one) goes down you understand.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this had happened to Tinsley you would all be trying to run him out of town tonight. Yet when Jermaine (who always seems to be injured durring the playoffs save one) goes down you understand.
    You need to read more posts. There are several O'neal detractors out there.

  24. #24
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this had happened to Tinsley you would all be trying to run him out of town tonight. Yet when Jermaine (who always seems to be injured durring the playoffs save one) goes down you understand.
    I'm with you, man. Just keep that in mind next time you mention Brad.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Well it looks like Jermaine may be done for the rest of the regular season....

    Well, I'm just looking for positives here.

    Isn't it more possible now that Rick will start using that offense he used last year when Jermaine was out? Ball movement and setting screens for Reggie, except this time sub in Peja for Reggie?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •