Thread: For those interested, FOretaz has a good read.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default For those interested, FOretaz has a good read.

Kinda long, but sums it up well.....................

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136952
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Harmonica

Default Re: For those interested, FOretaz has a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kinda long, but sums it up well.....................

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136952
    Sums it up well? So you think we could've won a title with knucklehead if only Donnie and Larry had moved Jax, Tins or AJ sooner? Pft. Flawed thinking. Heartfelt, on his part. But flawed.

.....so it's not about the Rahseed-to-NY trade that he guaranteed me would happen?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I agree with him about Peja leaving.

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

That guy has way too much time on his hands.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ironically Peja wouldve been a great piece on that team. Just friggen near perfect. Thats why ive riddled kings message boards for months upon months, trying to get a Jackson to the kings for Peja trade. I dont care who else the kings would want. Take anyone or any pick, just let him spot up and shoot. Hes a true professional-hes quiet, hes not a chemistry problem, he doesnt need the ball, nor is he good with it. His defensive deficiencies couldve been overcome with JO and ron on the court.
    1) Thats not the impression I get of Peja from lurking at Kings boards.

2) How delusional do you have to be to think that posting on message boards can "get a trade"? Someone needs to slap that kids parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    1) Thats not the impression I get of Peja from lurking at Kings boards.

2) How delusional do you have to be to think that posting on message boards can "get a trade"? Someone needs to slap that kids parents.
    ..he's 40...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

LMAO At going to Kings board and trying to get a Jack for Peja trade done. Oh lord that is just dandy.

Mood

something's got to give. i agree with the JT, AJ and JAcko factors. i just hope they get moved too and hopefully we could get better complimentary players to give this team an identity and more stability under RCs system. to me this season is a hair away- if not already- from being declared an ultimate failure.

i dont know about his perception about JO and Ron because we truly can all just speculate with a guy like Ronron. but i do have very high hopes for next season. Lorbek coming in, and the possibility of a lineup shakeup and maybe a coaching change- someone like D'Antoni that can utilize our Euro guys and our athletic players. im really ready to move on with a new coach- even if RC is that good.

if things dont dramatically turn around, i think it is time for drastic change. this is a bunch of emotionally drained players we have. after all the issues, injuries and let downs. if we really are leaning towards the euro team ball concept, then i guess we better establish that identity by completely commiting to it from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    LMAO At going to Kings board and trying to get a Jack for Peja trade done. Oh lord that is just dandy.

It's obviously a mis-statement because even Donnie couldn't make trades with Kings message boards. People mis-state things on message boards all the time.

It's a heartfelt read and I've asked him what he meant instead of feeling the need to make a derogatory comment.

[QUOTE=denyfizle]
    i do have very high hopes for next season. Lorbek coming in, and the possibility of a lineup shakeup and maybe a coaching change- someone like D'Antoni that can utilize our Euro guys and our athletic players. im really ready to move on with a new coach- even if RC is that good.

sorry, hit enter too soon. i have forgotten what
    the lorbek guy's position is. how's he doing and
    does anyone expect on pacers next season?

All that I can say is this.

Thank God for Uncle Buck.

No, sincerly, thank God for Uncle Buck.

When he was asked about it, face to face, he just admitted that no matter what, no matter how, no matter what other circumstance Ron was going to do this.

I know, I'm the one who asked.

Hell I gave him every benefit of the doubt even going so far as to say that I thought that Ron might have been ok if J.O. were shipped packing & Brad had been kept.

But wisely U.B. told me no.

Look I feel for Artest fans, I do. I know what it's like to have your favorite player melt down. (obviously not to this extent) But at the end of the day this was all fools gold.

Now let's be honest with ourselves here. Now that he is gone I think we can admit that he wasn't the only problem here. He was the biggest, without a doubt, but he wasn't the only one.

I doubt we address anything this season, although I hope we do, but this summer should show some form of movement.

Although I've lived through enough Donnie Walsh years to know, when we think there should be movement we are told about patience. So who knows.

Anyway, this is just my part to say thank God for Uncle Buck.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Well, I guess I read behind the fluff. I knew Foretaz personally and understand his thought process a little better.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Well, I guess I read behind the fluff. I knew Foretaz personally and understand his thought process a little better.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but his thought process basically was, if we had moved (or never acquired) Tinsley, Jax and AJ, and balanced out the roster to compliment JO and Ron, there would have been championships for many years to come.

Anyone else agree with this?

That was better than coffee, thanks for the read.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but his thought process basically was, if we had moved (or never acquired) Tinsley, Jax and AJ, and balanced out the roster to compliment JO and Ron, there would have been championships for many years to come.

I agree. The Pacers should've followed the Lakers championship model. Ron and JO should've been the focal points with Reggie being the leader that united them. They should've then just went out and signed guys that can shoot/knock down the open 3.

The Pacers needed guys like Brian Shaw, Ron Harper, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, and Rick Fox. They needed vets that know they are role players, that understand that they will never be superstars, and that just want to win.

Putting hope in potential has never worked but that's what we all did - Pacers top brass on down to the fans. Bender, Ron, and Tinsley were false hopes. I can understand it regarding Ron because of the 02-03 season but Bender and Tinsley have never lived up to hype.

You need a solid group of vets to win a championship and the Pacers haven't had that since, coincidentally, 2000.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    It's obviously a mis-statement because even Donnie couldn't make trades with Kings message boards. People mis-state things on message boards all the time.

It's a heartfelt read and I've asked him what he meant instead of feeling the need to make a derogatory comment.

I would say that from what I've seen of this guy, its not "obviously" a misstatement. Saying that, giving the benefit of the doubt rather than ridiculing him is always the right way to go and so I admit to taking the smaller path.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica

I agree that this is his message, but I don't think its correct. Or rather, I think its easy to say "Option A didn't work, clearly we shoud have gone with Option B". Adding to that, it blames the medium talented players on your roster (not the stars and not the utility players) when the blame should rightly fall on either A) Those who are most talented and are therefore responsible for taking leadership roles, JO and Artest B) He who was most detrimental to the team, Artest.

Could you have made a championship team out of JO and Artest if your team would have gone with a different philosophy? I don't think so. IMO this wasn't a team that "just missed" who you could say "if only we would have made that one trade". This team blew up. Maybe they wouldn't have blown up the way they did with a bunch of role players around them, but I don't see any reason to believe that JO and Artest would have been not only stable enough to keep that team together, but also strong enough leaders to carry that team to a championship (and I think its unrealistic to expect role players to be leaders enough to carry a couple of talented guys to a championship).