Thread: NOT TRYING TO COMPARE

Zoe'sMan

Default NOT TRYING TO COMPARE

It's funny when the Pistons traded for RWallace, everyone in the league, especially NY was giving them grief because they thought he wasn't championship mold. I get that same vibe from some of the fans around the league especially the Kings with Peja. The guy is pretty steady in the playoffs, most times his supporting cast didn't help matters. People can look at O'neals playoff stats and say he disappears.....Sometimes the real talent certain players give isn't summed up in stats. Some players do the small things that really matter. Like McKey. People ragged on him for being oft injured, yet the guy brought it. When we needed a block, steal, rebound, tip, it was McKey. With Peja, we need a pure expert spot up shooter. All Peja HAS to do is shoot, our defense will be fine after things get irons out. I'll take a top 5 shooter on my team any night. I think this will rejuvenate Rick.

DG-33

Default Re: NOT TRYING TO COMPARE

Peja Stojakovic
    3-time All-Star (at forward in the West no less)
    4th in MVP voting in 2003-2004
    Percentage wise, one of the top-10 shooters in league history
    Solid rebounder
    So-so defender

People are giving him a hard time because he's been going downhill a bit. But it's just a phase. I mean, Peja's a shooter, shooters don't forget how to shoot. Playing alongside Jermaine will make him great again imo. I also know playing under our defensive scheme will improve his defese. Might not make him a real good defender, but he'll be good enough. Remember how vital playing with a defensive big man is to a teams perimeter defense. Pejas never played with a defensive big man, now he is.

Zoe'sMan

Quote Originally Posted by DG-33
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peja Stojakovic
    3-time All-Star (at forward in the West no less)
    4th in MVP voting in 2003-2004
    Percentage wise, one of the top-10 shooters in league history
    Solid rebounder
    So-so defender

People are giving him a hard time because he's been going downhill a bit. But it's just a phase. I mean, Peja's a shooter, shooters don't forget how to shoot. Playing alongside Jermaine will make him great again imo. I also know playing under our defensive scheme will improve his defese. Might not make him a real good defender, but he'll be good enough. Remember how vital playing with a defensive big man is to a teams perimeter defense. Pejas never played with a defensive big man, now he is.
    Excellent point. I'll take Peja any day because I know he will be rejuvenated here. Artest may be talented, hell maybe one of the best in today's game, in my book he's a major disappointment. At least Peja plays when he's frustrated with things, Artest ruins seasons.

DG-33

We were never gonna win a world championship with Ron. I think everyone now reliezes that. He just did too much damage to team chemistry.

I also think people really underrate how good Peja can be for us. He's been one of the best scorers in the league, and he does it so efficiently. I gurantee everyone on this board, as long as Peja's playing, we've seen our last sub-80 point game, and we've seen our last 5 minute stretch without a basket.

Quote Originally Posted by DG-33
    Playing alongside Jermaine will make him great again imo.
    I agree, but with JO's potentially season-ending injury, and Peja's opt-out contract provision, isn't there a high risk they'll not get the opportunity to play together?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat Boy
    I agree, but with JO's potentially season-ending injury, and Peja's opt-out contract provision, isn't there a high risk they'll not get the opportunity to play together?
    Ding Ding Ding
    Heywoode says... work hard man.