Thread: Artest and Stern

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Artest and Stern

Does everyone remember the boos that rained down on Herr Stern on his visit to Indy last year? That will pale in comparison to the boos that will rain down on Mr. Artest come March 17th. I can't think of a former player returing to his former team's city to play that will have had 1/10th of the hostility that Artest's return will be come March.

Default Re: Artest and Stern

A better question to ask - how long will it be until someone at Conseco decides to throw a beer cup at him?

That's not much of a contest. Not many people boo'd Stern. I sure did, but I was in the minority.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jrm7one
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A better question to ask - how long will it be until someone at Conseco decides to throw a beer cup at him?

I think Pacer fans are several thousand years ahead of Piston fans on the evolutionary ladder, so I don't see that happening. While we may want to throw a cup of beer at him (at the very least), I would be shocked and appalled if it did happen.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dewman_32
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Pacer fans are several thousand years ahead of Piston fans on the evolutionary ladder, so I don't see that happening. While we may want to throw a cup of beer at him (at the very least), I would be shocked and appalled if it did happen.
    Exactly. I'm going to boo Ronnie, but I'm not going to throw anything or get out of control. I'd like to think that the other fans that will be at the game will behave also, which I'm sure they will, after all this is Indiana.

Pacers fans seem much too polite/quiet to make too much of a noticeable situation about it. Sure they'll boo, but it will be nowhere near where it should be...

should we get money and purchase mics for the people who are going to the game so we can get Artest what he deserves???