Thread: Suns Acquire Nikoloz Tskitishvili

Default Suns Acquire Nikoloz Tskitishvili

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/release_060126.html

They got him for a second round pick.

I would have liked to see us get him for that price. He is a good talent and can play PF so with JO out it is a low risk move but possiable reward at the end.

EDIT: Kinda glad that we didn't get him now that I see he is only 225 pounds. I always thought he was a guy who could play the 3 or 4, maybe not becuase I think he would be to weak to play the 4

Default Re: Suns Acquire Nikoloz Tskitishvili

This is a very good deal for the Suns, Skita is a very talented player who hasnt got a chance to play. I think he could play good with their style of basketball. If he doesnt they didnt give up nothing but a 2nd round pick for him. If he does turn out to be good then the Suns GM will look like a God.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The suns are the best place for him... He fits better in a up tempo system... in fact I think I read somewhere that D'Antoni was his coach in Europe for a little bit...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The suns are the best place for him... He fits better in a up tempo system... in fact I think I read somewhere that D'Antoni was his coach in Europe for a little bit...
    Yep, D'Antoni coached him the year before Skita came to the NBA I believe the article said.

He should get some nice PT too with Amare still out.

I think Steve Nash is gonna make him better. Skita should do very well in Phoenix under Mike D'Antoni and Steve Nash as the point guard.

Sports Logo

Man....what is it with the Suns 2nd round pick? Good god.......they seem to dole out their 2nd round picks like its water. First for JJ....then for an underused Skita that may or may not be able to do anything.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Diesel_81

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout
    I agree. He'll play very well for them from on the offensive end. Its just another player who they can spread you out with.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    Man....what is it with the Suns 2nd round pick? Good god.......they seem to dole out their 2nd round picks like its water. First for JJ....then for an underused Skita that may or may not be able to do anything.
    Like picking in the mid to late 50's is gonna bring in that kind of talent.

Sports Logo

What? you mean our 2nd round pick is gonna be useless....go figure....thanks Walsh/Bird for getting us nothing for a serviceable SF.

I wouldn't be surprised if we S&T Freddie and/or Peja for a 2nd round pick in the 2940 season to the Raptors, Bulls or Lakers.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Rytas_Jega

Nikoloz played for D'antoni's Treviso Benetton in 2001-2002. 6 games 6.0mpg 1.0ppg 1.1rpg 0.3apg.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    What? you mean our 2nd round pick is gonna be useless....go figure....thanks Walsh/Bird for getting us nothing for a serviceable SF.

I wouldn't be surprised if we S&T Freddie and/or Peja for a 2nd round pick in the 2940 season to the Raptors, Bulls or Lakers.
    Sounds like your a little frustrated there KC. I'm just the opposite and would love for the Ps to get some additional 2nd rounders. Euro ball is the true developement league. We waited two years on Tony Davis that way and lightning can strike again.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....