Thread: An open letter to David Stern...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default An open letter to David Stern...

Dear Mr. Stern,

I would like to apologize for despising the air that gives you breath the past 14 months and 5 days. I simply thought that you hated the Pacers, but I see now that you were only looking out for the organization, the fans and the city of Indianapolis.

As painful as it was for me to say goodbye to Reggie in the Eastern Conference Finals Game 6 loss instead of a Game 7 NBA Finals win in Indianapolis, I do understand that by suspending Ron Artest as long as you did that you used tremendous restraint. Had you banned Ron Artest from being able to step foot on a basketball court anywhere in the world, I would not have come to understand your wisdom as I have as of today.

It has become apparent that Ron Artest is a disgrace to the entire human race. I want to thank you for your efforts in the past in trying to deal with such a tremendous failure as Ron Artest has turned out to be.

My Sincerest apologies,

dewman_32

Default Re: An open letter to David Stern...

i wish i could be as generous

but mr. stern over-reacted and should have
    shown more restraint in the length of artest's
    suspension.

not only did we lose a shot for reggie, but it kept
    artest out of an organized effort till this year. he's
    a person who could benefit from more structure.
    the league failed him, and failed the pacers.

Its not the Associations role to fix Ron the person. the "league" didn't fail him.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

I guess if you believe Ron Artest was the Indiana Pacers only problem you would probably be pretty mad , angry or whatever and try to make excuses why the Pacers have done this or that. I think alot of people got a big rude awakening coming because they think that Ron is gone , now all our troubles or gone and even thing will be golden in 1-2 months.

Just reading over alot of the threads I get that vibe from atleast 80% of the post I been reading lately. I'm with Larry Bird when he said the trade was no excuse and what was going to be the next excuse * something like that* So what is going to be the next excuse now that we don't have Ron Artest to blame for all our misfortune ?

I can clearly see why DW and LB fell in love with the talent side of Ron and tried to give him chances. Unfortunately Ron was biting the hand that was feeding him and he had to go , I hate to say that but everything Ron done was blown up large even if it was a small thing. You can call Ron crazy , strange or just a lunatic but in the end Ron was smart enough to see maybe it was his time to move on.

I'm not going to say mean and nasty things about Ron Artest and I wish it all coulda worked out diffrent in the end. I wish Ron the best of luck and I will be following him to see how things go and I wish him luck.

It's probably good I'm not a GM , cause I would have 3 more players that need moved outta Indiana.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its not the Associations role to fix Ron the person. the "league" didn't fail him.

However Stern's comments since the suspension was announced have led us to believe that is exactly what he was hoping to do. "rehab" him if you will.

Stern failed him and the league by making the penalty so stiff that instead of being an example he became a martyr in the eyes of many, and gave fuel to Ron's posse.

I'm done talking about Ron Artest.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by TheSauceMaster
    I guess if you believe Ron Artest was the Indiana Pacers only problem you would probably be pretty mad , angry or whatever and try to make excuses why the Pacers have done this or that. I think alot of people got a big rude awakening coming because they think that Ron is gone , now all our troubles or gone and even thing will be golden in 1-2 months.

Just reading over alot of the threads I get that vibe from atleast 80% of the post I been reading lately. I'm with Larry Bird when he said the trade was no excuse and what was going to be the next excuse * something like that* So what is going to be the next excuse now that we don't have Ron Artest to blame for all our misfortune ?

I can clearly see why DW and LB fell in love with the talent side of Ron and tried to give him chances. Unfortunately Ron was biting the hand that was feeding him and he had to go , I hate to say that but everything Ron done was blown up large even if it was a small thing. You can call Ron crazy , strange or just a lunatic but in the end Ron was smart enough to see maybe it was his time to move on.

I'm not going to say mean and nasty things about Ron Artest and I wish it all coulda worked out diffrent in the end. I wish Ron the best of luck and I will be following him to see how things go and I wish him luck.

It's probably good I'm not a GM , cause I would have 3 more players that need moved outta Indiana.
    That about sums it up for me too.
    But an hour or so later, Hibbert wrote on his Twitter account: "Love this coach [and] I love this team. We can go far this year if we play like that. 2night we played our hearts out. Just didn't get the win."

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by slyder
    i wish i could be as generous

but mr. stern over-reacted and should have
    shown more restraint in the length of artest's
    suspension.

not only did we lose a shot for reggie, but it kept
    artest out of an organized effort till this year. he's
    a person who could benefit from more structure.
    the league failed him, and failed the pacers.
    My "letter" was a backhanded compliment to Stern. Maybe I should have added a smiley at the end. I know that Artest wasn't the only problem the Pacers have. As good a player as JO is, they seem to play as a "team" more without him. Tins is injury-riddled. Jackson is a negative on the court and off and Bender's salary has hurt us for quite some time. Artest wasn't the only problem and Stern's punishment was over the top, but Artest is a nutcase which is a shame because he is extremely talented. The Ron-Ron experiment is over and it's time to finally put him behind us. I welcome the presence of Peja and hope the Pacers' fortune turns around next year because this year is probably a lost cause.