View Poll Results: Would you trade JO for Bosh?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

51 41.80%
  • Yes...reluctantly

32 26.23%
  • No...reluctantly

16 13.11%
  • Hell naw!

23 18.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you trade JO for Bosh?

Default Re: Would you trade JO for Bosh?

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First off no I wouldn't trade JO and secondly that deal would only happen on NBA Live, not in real life. How stupid do people think Toronto is to trade a young stud getting what? ALMOST 20 and 10 for a often injured, highly paid star?
    If he refuses to sign with them, though, what will they do?

Marquee free agents aren't beating down Toronto's door. And if they can't even hold onto the players they draft then they need to build their team through trades.

So who else would they trade him for (i.e., what other teams would be willing to trade their superstar player for him)?
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    If he refuses to sign with them, though, what will they do?

Marquee free agents aren't beating down Toronto's door. And if they can't even hold onto the players they draft then they need to build their team through trades.

So who else would they trade him for (i.e., what other teams would be willing to trade their superstar player for him)?
    I'm sure there will be ALOT better offers for Bosh than JO.

Will they get a better player for him? No, but do they want to pay JO 80 million over the next 4 years whenever his health is a big question mark and their team is a big question mark?

I'm sure that the Raptors could get a nice combination of talent/picks for Bosh. I would think if they HAVE to get rid of him they will want to go with youth/picks instead of a JO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Just because Phil blabbed to the media that they would actively pursue Bosh during free agency does not mean you are getting him. You seem to be quite confident that you'll land him.

All he wants to do is win. And if you put him in a winning environment, with a classy organization and stability I think he will fall in love with whomever that team may be.
    1. If I had to "bet the farm" on where Chris Bosh would be playing basketball during 2007-2008 and my choices were the Lakers or the field...I'd bet on the Lakers. Being wooed by the highest profile team in the NBA thats also a marketing mecca is pretty hard to resist. That being said, there will be lots of teams bidding for his services. Which leads me to point #2

2. The Pacers would have to approach the deal with this mindset. Because Indy isn't a top free-agent destination, the Pacers have always been very good at picking up just the right player at the right time. Every single move for the Pacers is much more important than a move for the Lakers, for instance. Thats why Donnie Walsh is considered one of the 2-3 best GMs in the league..he's done an awesome job for the Pacers.

I'd like to see if the Pacers could swing a deal sending JO and Tinsley to Boston for Pierce and Al Jefferson.

I'm sure there will be ALOT better offers for Bosh than JO.

Will they get a better player for him? No, but do they want to pay JO 80 million over the next 4 years whenever his health is a big question mark and their team is a big question mark?

I'm sure that the Raptors could get a nice combination of talent/picks for Bosh. I would think if they HAVE to get rid of him they will want to go with youth/picks instead of a JO.
    Maybe, but I think they'd be better off trading him for a player or players that are locked into contracts.

Like I said, Toronto doesn't have a good track record with keeping their young players -- or most any players of significance -- once their contracts are up, so building their team with young players and picks might not be the best way to go.

Either way, it's really going to come down to what Bosh tells them this summer.

A question for anyone who knows: Would Bosh be in line to make more money by waiting to potentially sign a max contract in the summer of 2007, or could he get the same size contract by signing the maximum allowable extension with the Raps (or whatever team holds his rights at that point ) this summer?

sweabs

First off no I wouldn't trade JO and secondly that deal would only happen on NBA Live, not in real life. How stupid do people think Toronto is to trade a young stud getting what? ALMOST 20 and 10 for a often injured, highly paid star?
    At this point, you're probably right. We've missed our opportunity.

However, as I said in the summer - it was the perfect time to work out a deal. JO was coming off his best year in scoring, Bosh had said that he wasn't going to make any promises about staying in Toronto, Bosh wasn't considered some 20-10 guy at that time, JO didn't have the same "injury prone" label he has now (to some), etc. etc.

I think we missed out.

blanket,

I don't mean to arguing about this but I noticed you said the Raptors are not good at keep their young talents once their contracts are up.

If I remember right, they could not afford to pay Damon Stoudamire so they did a sign and trade with Toronto, and they did get Vince Carter signed to an extension. Tracy McGrady is about the only young stud who left and isn't that because he wanted to play out of Vince's shadow?

What young players were you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    At this point, you're probably right. We've missed our opportunity.

However, as I said in the summer - it was the perfect time to work out a deal. JO was coming off his best year in scoring, Bosh had said that he wasn't going to make any promises about staying in Toronto, Bosh wasn't considered some 20-10 guy at that time, JO didn't have the same "injury prone" label he has now (to some), etc. etc.

I think we missed out.

Indeed. That would have been a good trade. I voted yes on the trade. JO is a good player but I want a good 78-82 games per season from the highest paid guy on the roster. This season he is missing an unacceptable amount of games.

Whether it's this summer or next, for Bosh or some other player(s), I wouldn't be surprised at all to see JO traded. Not saying I want it necessarily, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I dont see where Toronto could get a better player than J.O. for Bosh...also, he'd be a well-known star tied down for a long time...sounds great for them. If Bosh didn't have this looming free agency thing I'd prolly do it and it absolutely KILLS me to say that because I really like J.O. as a person and he has been so good to this city and its people. I mean, contrast him to Ron...

Hell yes. JO is obviously not physically solid enough to make it through a season. Also, after a decade in the league I would think he would quit whining to the refs everytime he misses a shot. He will never grow up and needs to move on.

In any event, Bosh and Granger would make a terrific forward combo that could grow for years to come.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Yippee! Public poll!
    In honor of your return.

SoThenRobbieSaid

I'd trade him for Bosh, but he's a different type of player than J.O. Truthfully, I haven't seen Bosh get incredibly physical with the rest of the league, where as I feel J.O. is a banger with a mid-range jumper.

If J.O. were complaining about a contract, and had a couple *decent* years left, and Bosh was a rookie getting no time playing behind, I don't know Rasheed Wallace or something, on some random team in the Northwest, I'd trade for him, only to see him win Most Improved Player and be All-NBA / All-Star.

Hmm..sounds familiar.

Second though, for now, J.O. stays.

Whoah, whats up with all the JO hatred all of a sudden, are you all really that pissed about this injury? JO is dedicated to this team so I think Walsh will remain dedicated to him, and so will I.

Cant we all just be happy that Artest was traded?

nah j.o.'s the team leader...
    on a side note no way toronto is having that!
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

If JO is the the piece to pin and build our championship hopes around, why on earth wouldn't Toronto love to have him for the price of Bosh to their roster?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Diesel_81

I guess it depends on how high you are on Bosh. Bosh has improved tremendously in each of his last two seasons.If you think Bosh continues that trend and gets to the level of a Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett then you pull the trigger. Im not so sure if he's going to take it to that level.Theres nothing wrong with that since he's right now in that second tier of elite players. He's also younger then Oneal is but when he becomes a free agent he will be commanding a max deal so were not exactly going to be saving a ton of money. I just don't think adding Bosh will make us that much better if any unless of course you believe he hasn't reached his potential yet.

I have no problem with Jermaine Oneal other then his nagging injuries he plays hard, he wants to be here and I really do believe he wants to win a title.I still think our best option is to build around Jermaine Oneal unless of course Amare, Duncan or Garnett become available. The only young prospect I would trade Oneal for is D. Howard and Orlando isn't giving him up.

Please let it happen! I don't see it happening in any case though... (perhaps in a Brad Miller type situation...)
    Here, everyone have a : on me

I'd do it if it were Toronto signing-and-trading him to us so he's under a long-term contract. Not sure if that's possible this summer, so if not then next year.

Yes - I would do it in a heartbeat - if only because one guy plays and another is always hurt.
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

stipo

JO has showed so much faith in this team and stated many times his heart lies here yet we still have people wanting him traded away.

I remember begining of this season everyone was saying we should trade JO and build around Ron and look what Ron done to us. Since then JO has made it shown he is the leader of this team and couldnt care less about Ron.

I never want JO traded to be honest. He gives ALOT every night and gained extra weight and thats why hes been getting more injuries. He gained the weight trying to improve this team, he gives the effort to help them win. Its not like hes faking injury.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by J_2_Da_IzzO
    JO has showed so much faith in this team and stated many times his heart lies here yet we still have people wanting him traded away.
    I don't really like that argument. Sure, it's great that he loves the city; it's nice that he's loyal to the franchise (who wouldn't be with the money we've forked out?); it's awesome that he helps out in the community, etc.

But in the end, all I really care about is production on the court. JO always says the right things, but at this point I don't care. I need to see results on the court, regardless of how much you love the city/franchise. To be fair, I'm sure there are many other guys who have "shown so much faith in this team and have stated many times their heart lies here", and we don't think twice about shipping them away because of their love for the team.

I don't see this team ever winning a championship with Jermaine Oneal. Yes, he should be traded, the sooner the better. They'll never make it past Detroit with him because every time he plays against Rasheed Wallace his "mentor" he gets shut down and plays like he's scared. He's often injured from his style of play, which is iritating. I don't think he wants to be here either, after hearing his "it's him or me" comment regarding Ron Artest. He'd probably be thrilled to be traded. Why do you think he was crying when he signed his new contract? He needed the money, but didn't want to be in Indiana.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When JO is healthy, he's the best PF in the east. Unfortunately, health has become an issue for two straight seasons now. In the east, Dwight Howard and Bosh are close, but neither have shown me they are as good as JO. Yet. A trade like that would be trading on potential, just as the Pacers traded DD for JO. Besides, I'm not so sure Bosh's numbers aren't inflated by the fact that he's the first, second, and third option on a crappy team. I think for the long run I'd rather have Howard because his rebounding numbers are freakish. Once he gets the scoring and post moves down, I think he'll be better than Bosh. He has a couple of 20/20 games already this season, and several more that were one or two rebounds shy. If the trade you suggested were for Howard then yes, I'd do it. Bosh, I would have to think long and hard about it, and be convinced that JO was damaged goods.

Pacesetter

Bosh is a great player but I wouldn't trade JO for him!