Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kravitz admits he was wrong, and Peck did you read these comments from DW

Default Re: Kravitz admits he was wrong, and Peck did you read these comments from DW

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bob Collins. God, I miss that man!
    The best sportswriter the Star ever had: Dave Overpeck. He left the paper in the mid-80's, died around '88. Did a great job covering the Pacers.

Default Re: Kravitz admits he was wrong, and Peck did you read these comments from DW

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    Why do I intensely dislike [Kravitz] with every fiber of my soul? Because he almost makes me wish for the "good ol' days" when Robin Miller still worked for The Star.
    Like Robin Miller, Kravitz seeks to stir up controversy by excessively negative reporting. He is a provocateur who delights in controversy, but he usually wears out his audience's tolerance for such style in a short time. There are lots of people in Central Indiana who cannot stand his constant carping, just as people were sick of him when he shipped out of Denver to come here.

Pacesetter

Atleast Miller has a genuine understanding of motor racing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Yes. Ron was offered to the Kings for Peja twice that summer. Once right after the ECFs and again in late August. The Kings wouldn't play ball.
    Oh, I believe the trade offer. I just don't believe Larry told about it personally.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I have no problem with stirring the pot, but you have to back up your arguments. The "trade JO" article is a perfect example. He goes out of his way to say how much he likes JO as a person and a player, then says we should move him without giving an explanation on how that would possibly improve the team.

And Kravitz doesn't hang out with athletes or other sports figures. Ticket holders can attest to how few games actually attends. When he does, he looks bored to tears, and then he just hangs out in the press room afterwards. He never goes to practices, he never travels. He doesn't do jack ****.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!