Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: J.O out for a week or two (EDIT - or 8!!)

Default Re: J.O out for a week or two (EDIT - or 8!!)

Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think losing five games in one round would set a new record for terrible playoff performance.

IndyToad
    Hittin' that
    I KNOW WE HAVE IT IN US!

"Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

I'm sure playing run and gun without JO (even when he'll be back) we'll win!!
    GO PACERS!

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerNthaDesert
    You might be right, but I'm a man of pride. I'd rather see us in the playoffs instead of the draft lottery. Even if it means us losing in 4-5 games in the opening round. I still havent thrown in the towel yet this season.
    Please read posts before making snide remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection
    Please read posts before making snide remarks.
    You're no fun. If I don't have my snide...ishness, what do I got? Nothin, that's what.

IndyToad
    Version 1.1

Well, we weren't going to win a championship this year anyways, so now we can get one of the earlier picks in the draft and have the next pairing of Tim Duncan and David Robinson.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    -- Albert Einstein

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wasn't even thinking about it, but he probably will miss the playoffs...

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

reginald_denny

**** these last 2 years have been a nightmare!

Sports Logo

Question to those that know....but specifically geared towards Kaufman......looking at the type of injury that JONeal got......even after he returns to the court and how long it would probably take to get into regular form ( conservative estimate of the very end of March )....could this type of injury affect his play after he comes back?

A groin injury doesn't sound pleasant....but I'm wondering how it will affect his athleticsm...jumping ability...this...that...whatever. Would this type of injury...say after a month of rehab...would it prevent him from doing any light-contact practicing before officially cleared to start playing again?

Cuz it looks like we are going to only have about a 2 weeks for JONeal to get into shape before we make a run in the 1st round of the playoffs ( if we even make it there ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...601270499/1088

What Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal thought was a two-week injury could end his regular season.

MRI test results Thursday revealed O'Neal will miss at least eight weeks with a significant tear in his left groin, which happened in the fourth quarter of Tuesday's 30-point loss at Cleveland.
    There is a chance the All-Star forward might not be back until the playoffs, if the Pacers make it. O'Neal said he doesn't think he needs surgery.
    "I believe I'm going to be back, hopefully more sooner than later, but it won't be a situation like my ankle, where it was still swollen and I was trying to play on it," O'Neal said. "It's got to be a situation where I can be 98, 99, 100 percent back because I don't want to go through a situation where it becomes a recurring issue or needs surgery."
    O'Neal, who was on pace to start in next month's All-Star Game, missed six games this month because of pneumonia and a left ankle sprain.
    O'Neal's groin injury leaves a shortage of big men. Scot Pollard is out indefinitely with a back injury and Jeff Foster tweaked his back in practice Thursday, leaving his status for tonight's game against Cleveland up in the air. Austin Croshere will start in O'Neal's place. There's a possibility the Pacers could try to sign a player to a 10-day contract.
    "We'll look at it," Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh said.
    I don't know if this was brought up before.....but I didn't think that it could mean that JONeal is out until the start of the playoffs....which equals 12 to 13 weeks instead of 8 weeks.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.