Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That means that Granger will likely be defending shooting guards almost all of the time. If he can do that, it's a great plan.

I'd have to see him demonstrate that he can defend Pierce, Wade, Rip Hamilton, etc. better than Jackson.

You do not want Peja chasing shooting guards around the perimeter.

Especially if Saras is chasing the PG's all around the court at the same time.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd not be suprised at a trade of Fred Jones for Chris Wilcox , both are in the last season of rookie contracts and entering restricted free agency. Fred is only a year younger than Jackson , I don't see a huge upside for Freddie.

To me Freddie is a good 3rd guard , but his lack of height makes him very suspect to being posted up and shot over by top level shooting guards. Freddie is not a great ball handler and leaves his feet far too often without an idea what he'll do next.

Chris Wilcox , has been a disappointment but last season when Elton Brand was hurt he put up very good numbers when given consistant minutes. Here with Jermaine out for 30 games there will be minutes available if he produces.

Like Fred , he would be playing for his next contract. Pacers would then have the ability to match any offer if he impresses them. Productive ,young bigs are very valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    I'd not be suprised at a trade of Fred Jones for Chris Wilcox , both are in the last season of rookie contracts and entering restricted free agency. Fred is only a year younger than Jackson , I don't see a huge upside for Freddie.

To me Freddie is a good 3rd guard , but his lack of height makes him very suspect to being posted up and shot over by top level shooting guards. Freddie is not a great ball handler and leaves his feet far too often without an idea what he'll do next.

Chris Wilcox , has been a disappointment but last season when Elton Brand was hurt he put up very good numbers when given consistant minutes. Here with Jermaine out for 30 games there will be minutes available if he produces.

Like Fred , he would be playing for his next contract. Pacers would then have the ability to match any offer if he impresses them.
    I had not though about that one.. I would wonder if Clips would for that straight up...

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00

Like Fred , he would be playing for his next contract. Pacers would then have the ability to match any offer if he impresses them. Productive ,young bigs are very valuable.
    That actually makes TONS of sense. Freddie could help them replace Maggette while Wilcox could help us replace J.O. for now. And it's not like the Clips and Pacers haven't been in talks already. Would the Pacers miss Freddie's scoring off the bench tho?

Sports Logo

I don't know how it could be done....but either before the trade deadline...or after the season ends.....I would like to get Elson with the Nuggets....he's a Restricted Free Agent and has filled in as a solid Big Man who can rebound and block shots when Camby sat out with his injury.

Especially with Pollard likely being let go.....we need depth at the frontcourt.

Wilcox, Ely or Elson....are all PF/C that I think are within the Pacers spending range.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Tins for Harrington is a strong possibility. The hawks are in desparate need of a real point guard. Of course, Tins would have to raise his trade value quite a bit before this could happen.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    That actually makes TONS of sense. Freddie could help them replace Maggette while Wilcox could help us replace J.O. for now. And it's not like the Clips and Pacers haven't been in talks already. Would the Pacers miss Freddie's scoring off the bench tho?
    This does bring up an interesting question.....given our current depth at the guard rotation and lack of depth at the frontcourt position...most notably between the PF/C rotation.......which player would make sense to trade?

Tinsley/SJax/Granger

Granger is the only backup SF that we have...so moving him makes no sense. Tinsley is a BYC player so it would be harder to trade him this season. Whether I like it or not....SJax is going to be the #1 or #2 scoring option on the team. We didn't acquire Peja to have a decent team barely make it into the playoffs...and given our misfortune with JONeal.....we have no choice but to keep both players.

Croshere/Foster/Pollard/Hulk

Given the fact that we will not have JONeal until the end of March....we have very little depth at the PF position. Also....given the recurring injury of Foster/Pollard and the foul-prone nature of Harrison at the Center spot....it would be difficult to give up any of the PF/C and still remain competitive.

Freddie/AJ

In the end...I think if something had to be done...I would think it would either be Freddie or AJ. The most logical choice would be Freddie due to his contract situation and the unliklihood that we will resign him and the needed depth that we need at the PG rotation with an oft-injured Tinsley. The only concern that I have with doing that means that we will likely find either AJ or Sarunas ( Sarunas being the likley choice ) being pushed back further into the guard rotation. Although some of you don't agree....I think that we are underutilizing whatever skills or opportunity that Sarunas has if we play him behind AJ. Honestly...I'm torn....cuz I don't want Freddie to go...but I don't want Sarunas to be sitting more then AJ.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.