Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

  1. #1

    Default after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    here's the question:

    what are the chances we engineer another trade before the trade deadline?

    and who will be packaged in the deal? to fill what spots?

    this would be a great moment for LBird to assert himself decisively and set the tone. what do you think?

  2. #2
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,169

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    We won't make any more trades until the offseason.

  3. #3
    Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    I hope they trade Stephen Jackson next. I really do not like that guy and I believe he is actually more of a cancer than Artest himself.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We won't make any more trades until the offseason.
    Agreed.

    I expect both Tinsley and Jackson to be traded in the off-season.

    Tinsley for ???

    Jackson for? Trenton Hassell is a guy I have suggested before but I could see the Pacers trying to get a bit more skilled player to complament Peja.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed.

    I expect both Tinsley and Jackson to be traded in the off-season.

    Tinsley for ???

    Jackson for? Trenton Hassell is a guy I have suggested before but I could see the Pacers trying to get a bit more skilled player to complament Peja.

    i would love hassell on this team and have always thought it would be a great move if we ended up getting a scorer for ron (like peja or maggz). earl watson is another guy i wouldn't mind.

    jax for watson & tins for hassell?????? i know denver would bite, don't know about minny though.

  6. #6
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,841

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Rick for Byron please.

  7. #7
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    No MOre trades this season.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #8
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,979

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    The Pacers have had extensive negotiations with other teams and know what those teams want....so I think the Pacers will strike when the iron is hot and trade more players before the deadline. I would hope by now they have formed a strategy to move forward...and to move forward it will undoubtedly take more moves. The O'Neal era can only last so long.

  9. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,709

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    I doubt there will be anymore trades during the season, but no way Jax and Tinslkey are on the team to start next season. I'd be utterly shocked if they were

  10. #10
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,979

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt there will be anymore trades during the season, but no way Jax and Tinslkey are on the team to start next season. I'd be utterly shocked if they were
    I would be totally shocked if both of them were on the team a year from now. I cannot even imagine it. The team is disfunctional largely because of them. That is why I think they will make a deal asap if it makes sense. There is simply no reason to wait if the deal is good and can be had now.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    I said in another thread that with all the teams TPTB talked to I am sure some scenerios invovled more than one player.Therefore they know who is interested in certain players we have.I am sure they kept some notes on this knowing that this would not be the only move.And what other teams were willing to part with also.JMO

  12. #12
    Member NorCal_Pacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,919

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    How about Jax for Harrington?
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

  13. #13
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,662
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about Jax for Harrington?
    You're joking right? I'm sure that the Hawks want Jack back.

  14. #14
    Member denyfizle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nap Town
    Posts
    1,409
    Mood

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    ALL EYES ON JT OR AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Member Antonio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toulon, FRANCE
    Age
    24
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Trade Jack for a real SG...

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12,042

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Jack needs to be gone ASAP. Whoever is willing and able come and get him.

  17. #17
    Member NorCal_Pacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,919

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're joking right? I'm sure that the Hawks want Jack back.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

  18. #18
    Dream Big
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,666

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Quote Originally Posted by newman8r
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack needs to be gone ASAP. Whoever is willing and able come and get him.
    I disagree! The man is crucial to this team's success, he must stay.

  19. #19
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,921

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    TPTB had to be dragged kicking and screaming to get this trade done...

    And history says we don't make midseason trades.

    ...unless the wheels are coming off and we're in danger of not making the playoffs.

    That all adds up to

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12,042

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Quote Originally Posted by tora tora
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree! The man is crucial to this team's success, he must stay.
    This year is a bust. He isnt crucial to anything from my point of view. He is too inconsistent and just doesnt show up to all the games mentally

  21. #21
    Member BigDawg44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    472

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    what about tins for harrington. far fetched i know....what about jax and tins for b. miler? haha

  22. #22
    Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Quote Originally Posted by tora tora
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree! The man is crucial to this team's success, he must stay.


    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  23. #23
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    With JO out I think they might pull the trigger on a deal for a big man.

    A trade for Tim Thomas, Francisco Elson, or Antonio Davis makes sense. Melvin Ely and Chris Wilcox seem to be available and could be possibly had for the trade exception and draft picks. All of these players have expiring contracts and don't expect to resign with their current teams.

    The Pacers could swap the expiring contracts of Pollard, Bender, and/or Gill in exchange for one of those guys and still maintain salary cap flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,644

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt there will be anymore trades during the season, but no way Jax and Tinslkey are on the team to start next season. I'd be utterly shocked if they were
    Agreed.

    But, unlike most, I would like to see Peja man the SG position. That allows the Pacers to insert Granger, an excellent defender, into the SF position. And I think that Granger will be ready for that responsibility full-time, following his second training camp.

    That means we would have PF, SF and SG covered.

    I would trade Jax and Tinsley (even before Tinsley loses BYC status if necessary) for a significantly better PG.

    And, I would use the MLE to acquire a defender/rebounder to help man the center position. If not, then we continue center by committee with Harrison, Foster and Croshere.

    Re-sign Freddie for SG/SF. If the MLE isn't used in any other way, acquire a backup SF with it.

    If we are lucky again next summer, then Donnie/Larry will obtain another gem in the draft, especially since we will end up with a higher selection, possibly even a lottery selection.

  25. #25

    Default Re: after the done deal - your next trade predictions here

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed.
    But, unlike most, I would like to see Peja man the SG position. That allows the Pacers to insert Granger, an excellent defender, into the SF position.
    That means that Granger will likely be defending shooting guards almost all of the time. If he can do that, it's a great plan.

    I'd have to see him demonstrate that he can defend Pierce, Wade, Rip Hamilton, etc. better than Jackson.

    You do not want Peja chasing shooting guards around the perimeter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •