Thread: Darius Miles traded to the Blazers?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Darius Miles traded to the Blazers?

The rumor is running rampant right now. It has apparently been confirmed by both a radio station and a TV station in Portland.

Blazers get:
    Darius Miles

Cavs get:
    Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje
    Jeff McInnis

EDIT - Found a link.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Darius Miles traded to the Blazers?

Sportscenter just confired the rumor. Always the 1st to get the news. ed:
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looking at the trade, I think this is a pre-cursor to a Sheed trade, and Cleveland gets a quality guard, to help Lebron and to play in place of him. Glad for Jeff and Ruben to get out of Portland; Ruben doesn't get to be picked around anymore by Sheed.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

NBA TV is all over it!!! It must be official.

Wow, I didn't think Cleveland needed another pg. after the Eric Williams trade. Looks like the Cavs could get scary in a hurry if Boozer plays anything like he did last night. Then again Seattle's front line is tissue paper soft!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, get that banner ready in Portland.....they got Jonathan Bender's clone.....

GREAT trade for Cleveland. Now they can start Ollie/McInnis, and move James to a more natural SG/SF position...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

hmmm... ed: ......I haven't seen much of Boujme Boujme or mcinnis? Why are the cavs trading away all their talent? What do you guys think about this trade?

Wow, get that banner ready in Portland.....they got Jonathan Bender's clone.....
    Yeah, but we have the original.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

NBA TV is all over it!!! It must be official.

Wow, I didn't think Cleveland needed another pg. after the Eric Williams trade. Looks like the Cavs could get scary in a hurry if Boozer plays anything like he did last night. Then again Seattle's front line is tissue paper soft!
    I think it was more of getting rid of Miles rather than what they get besides a veteran. This team makes no real sense for both teams as they are right now, but I smell a blockbuster coming soon, possibly with the same two teams. There's too many forwards in Portland, and really too many guards in Cleveland.

Don't really get this trade. Guess better for the Cavs though. Miles stinks, Mcinnis can be alright. Guess they don't wanna play Lebron at PG anymore or something.

Don't really get this trade. Guess better for the Cavs though. Miles stinks, Mcinnis can be alright. Guess they don't wanna play Lebron at PG anymore or something.
    They need Bron's scoring more than his passing, and he wasnt a natural PG anyway. Bets trade Cleveland made all year, IMO.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I would have thought Miles would have gone for more.

But it is ironic that Miles was traded for Miller who was brought in to replaced Mcinnis as the Clips starting PG.

Just shows how far his stock has fallen.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Miles is more of a Qyntel Woods clone than a Bender clone IMO, and now Portland has both to back up Sheed at SF.

for now...

Woods has been rumored to be moved with Sheed since he is also a member of the Cheech and Chong fan club.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I think Darius Miles is playing his way out of the league.

Other than being athletic, what can he do?

He can't shoot.

His ball handling and passing fundamentals are abysmal for a high school player, let alone and NBA player.

He isn't that good defensively.

He is agressive with the ball; I'll bet Cavs and Clippers fans wish he'd have taken Bender's passive approach. At least when JB gets motivated to actually do something in a game, he has the skills to match. Actually, if you combined Miles' aggressiveness with Bender's skills, you'd have Kevin Garnett. On the other hand, Miles' skills and Bender's agressiveness gets you ... [size=9:2223fd0258]I'm too sick to finish.[/size]
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Am I the only one who thinks McInnis is a great fit to put next to James? Or maybe it's just me. I always like those Travis Best types. :P

As for Miles, am I the only one who remembers people bemoaning the fact that Bender wasn't as good as him, and never would be?

Remember when he asked Isiah to trade for him? If we'd gotten him, Hicks would have to find a "double pump to the forehead" smilie.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Am I the only one who thinks McInnis is a great fit to put next to James? Or maybe it's just me. I always like those Travis Best types. :P

As for Miles, am I the only one who remembers people bemoaning the fact that Bender wasn't as good as him, and never would be?

Remember when he asked Isiah to trade for him? If we'd gotten him, Hicks would have to find a "double pump to the forehead" smilie.
    1. No-I agree that he is stable and will allow James to play the 2.

2. No, I remember those days, too.

3. Yes, and all I could think of was "Another H.S. player-yuck" (which is not to say I don't like our guys because they are OUR guys).

Portland now has 3 kids who are basically HS guys (Woods, Miles, and Randolph-one year in NCAA). Funny that the best HS for them is now wearing a Pacer Uniform with the name O'Neal on the back of it.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

From last week's Amico Report:

-- It wouldn’t hurt for Cleveland to try to find a true starting point guard -- something even Silas has dreamed about publicly. Kevin Ollie is a nice player, but he is what he is. A backup. Other than LeBron, and occasionally Ilgauskus, no one on this team can create their own offense.

Much Cavs stuff; good read (Amico lives around Cleveland somewhere so he has insight from watching the team a bunch).

http://www.insidehoops.com/amico-011604.shtml

If this happens, does this make Wagner availbable?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

If this happens, does this make Wagner availbable?
    I would've thought that they'd want a taller PG so they could play Wagner at the 2 and use LBJ as a point forward type (while switching the defensive assignments for the guards). Defensively that doesn't really work with McInnis. Maybe this says something about Miles. Dunno, never struck me as a Silas type player really.

Banned

1. No-I agree that he is stable and will allow James to play the 2.

2. No, I remember those days, too.

3. Yes, and all I could think of was "Another H.S. player-yuck" (which is not to say I don't like our guys because they are OUR guys).

Portland now has 3 kids who are basically HS guys (Woods, Miles, and Randolph-one year in NCAA). Funny that the best HS for them is now wearing a Pacer Uniform with the name O'Neal on the back of it.
    Actually, the Blazers have 4 "kids", because drafted Travis Outlaw last summer right out of high school. And just think, all 4 of these "kids" have AssWeed Wallace to look up to as a role model.

Speaking of McInnis,

it's no secret that around the NBA the veteran point guard has an image of being a "knucklehead" - an unreliable guy who often argues with teammates, coaches, management and opposing NBA players.

In fact, one influential NBA insider says the new running joke around league circles is that McInnis will refuse to join the Cavs once he learns former NBA player (and native Clevelander) Charles Oakley still lives here. McInnis and Oakley have had a blood feud for years: They had a pregame fight in 2000 (reportedly over a woman) and several beefs away from the court, too.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plai...3848256800.xml

Mood

I love irony...

The movie that is about to be released that has Darius Miles in it, is called The Perfect Score. He sure scored a perfect team in Portland...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...