Thread: Post-Peja Pacers? Bunch of Questions....

DG-33

Question Post-Peja Pacers? Bunch of Questions....

Well, we've got 48 hours untill another game, so how about a little speculation in the meantime?

Will there be further trades? If so, involving whom? What do we need? Who needs ot be moved?

What does Peja's presence do to Danny Granger? Does the Pacers desire to aquire Peja mean they're not as high on DG as most of us are?

How much will Peja command in the offseason? Will he be resigned? Signed and traded? Let walk?

What type of impact will Peja have on Stephen Jackson? How many of Stephens shot attempts will he take? Will Jax now be more of a slasher?

Will Saras and Peja work well together due to their similar basketball heritage? Will Saras be named fulltime starter? Is Bird looking to make this team a Euro-style team? Which of our players would work in that style of basketball? Would Rick Carislie be willing, or be able for that matter, to coach such a style?

Default Re: Post-Peja Pacers? Bunch of Questions....

I can see Peja and SJax not working well together due to both of them hanging around the 3 point line... Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if that'll work at all... =/

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecaii
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can see Peja and SJax not working well together due to both of them hanging around the 3 point line... Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if that'll work at all... =/
    Because working it around the perimeter has never been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    Because working it around the perimeter has never been done before.
    Sure, it's been done before... I just don't think SJax will pass the ball enough.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecaii
    Sure, it's been done before... I just don't think SJax will pass the ball enough.
    Jack probably won't, but I think it will be very entertaining to watch Jamaal send some streetball like passes Pejas way in the corner.

Jamaal can get Peja the ball in better position, so can Sarunas for that matter, than Bibby could IMO.

I think Peja and jacks will clash and one will be gone by the end of the season, if not sooner.

I think Peja will be coming off the bench for us for a while with Granger starting until Peja learns the plays. I think if Peja is around after the season, then Croshere might not be, and Granger will take on an Al Harrington like role with us next season.

Also, I don't think Maggette is out of the question yet...

Chest Rockwell

I like the idea of Peja on the floor with Granger. It will help mask Peja's defensive liabilities. Peja and Jax, on the other hand will be a feast or famine type combo.

I'd like to see them move Jackson for a big man, which will help free up more minutes for DG and Fred, as well as give us some contingency if (or should I say when) Harrison continues to flail or Foster goes gimpy again.

With our plethora of outside shooting, it's imperative that JO's passing improve. There should be open threes all over the place.

Sports Logo

I would like for there to be at least 1 more trade before the deadline.....hint hint SJax.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we are done for the rest of the season. I think that one of the reasons that the Pacers wanted a straight up Artest for Peja trade is because they don't want to be put in a position to move anyone else....most notably Freddie/AJ/Foster/Croshere....all players that have a critical role on the team.

Maybe Walsh/Bird looked at the "Slightly different then the 2004-2005 roster" that took us to the 2nd round and thought that all we needed was another starting quality SF. The only move that I hope the Pacers is trying to figure out how to get AD...but I doubt it happens.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Any reason Peja couldn't play shooting guard? He has the great outside shot and is a spot up shooter.

He could then be a tall defender on the guards, like Pippen used to do to our guards? Pippen caused us all kinds of problems when he defended our guards

Water

Anyone think Jax might come off the bench, as was the original intention for him? Actually, Id really like to see him traded, I dont want him tainting our fresh start.

Anyways, I hope Carlisle will finally settle into a fixed starting lineup though, this team needs some stability. Even as much as I hate Jax, and dislike Tinsley, I think it should be:

Tinsley
    Jax
    Peja
    JO
    Foster

That seems the most like our oringial intention for a starting lineup.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Danny should be fine he can play positions 2-4... so they'll be minuets there for him...

and Peja can play 2-3 so who says Peja and Danny couldn't play together? Danny would just guard the better Offensive wing player on D...

Jackson and Johnson are the ones that should worry now, with their latest attitudes, and our latest addition...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

and Freddie?

Actually I worry that Peja might get the Sarunas treatment from Jackson.

Now that the emotional roller coaster is over it should be interesting watching this team evolve. I hope it is as the dude on the radio says. I can't remember which dude it is I bounce between the two staions while driving home, but one said that Rick has got to change the Pacer style from a defense first to and offense first style. With Peja and no Lucifer we won't be the defensive team we were so we have to become more of an offensive team (Funny, I thought their lack of scoring last night was pretty offensive).

Anyway, with nada expectations of winning anything this year, I'm going to enjoy watching them build this team (Oh and I thought the 80's were behind me)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo

Carlisle does what he always does......play the best player at each position. That means:

Tinsley/SJax/Peja/JONeal/Harrison ( until Harrison gets his 3 PF )

What I didn't realize is what that means to AJ and Sarunas. Before all this....I was really happy with the Sarunas/Freddie/Granger/Croshere/Foster 2nd unit. But if SJax starts at the SG position...that would mean that AJ is moved back into the 2nd unit...which means that he will be the 1st backup PG option off the bench....shifting either Sarunas to the 3rd PG spot since Freddie will play backup SG.

Damn....didn't think of that. I hope that either AJ is traded or Carlisle comes to his senses and has Sarunas backup Tinsley.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.