Thread: .403 Yikes!!!

Banned

Default .403 Yikes!!!

Just noticed that Peja is shooting .403 from the field this season, which is lower than ALL current Pacers not named Eddie Gill. Fortunately a lot of those attempts are 3s, but still .403 is pretty low. His 3-pt pct is .397, which would make his 2-point pct around .410 ..... not very good. Hopefully Larry Bird can inspire him to shoot better.

Default Re: .403 Yikes!!!

I'm not to worried about that.

JO will make Peja better and get him better shots, pure and simple.

Peja was playing with a bunch of loose parts that didn't fit together in Sacramento.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just noticed that Peja is shooting .403 from the field this season, which is lower than ALL current Pacers not named Eddie Gill. Fortunately a lot of those attempts are 3s, but still .403 is pretty low. His 3-pt pct is .397, which would make his 2-point pct around .410 ..... not very good. Hopefully Larry Bird can inspire him to shoot better.
    Or maybe it's because in Sacto his coach is forcing that team to play euro ball with players that aren't suited for that style, resulting in disjointed plays and chaotic rotations. Here, he's going to get a lot of open looks, and some layups courtesy of Jamaal and Sarunas.

I'm not ecstatic, but I am excited.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't take things from this season.

This will be a WHOLE different situation for Peja.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

reginald_denny

peja might be the anti reggie in the clutch but that shooting percentage will get better when jermaine opens **** up for him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reginald_denny
    peja might be the anti reggie in the clutch but that shooting percentage will get better when jermaine opens **** up for him.
    I agree that he should make the defense spread out a little more, but I am completely unimpressed with JO's ability or willingness to pass out of the post. That is going to have to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    I agree that he should make the defense spread out a little more, but I am completely unimpressed with JO's ability or willingness to pass out of the post. That is going to have to improve.
    I think he had been improving in that area, but everyone he passes to always misses, so I imagine that's discouraging. Peja may or may not help in that department.

IndyToad
    Fell asleep again

DG-33

.461 for his career. I think he'll be a lot closer to that here.