Thread: Peja will make Sarunas look good.

Default Peja will make Sarunas look good.

Peja will make Sarunas look like the All Star player he is. I really think this is a good trade for the Pacers. Now if Bird will just keep him (and I think he will) and then get rid of the other head cases for some good players who fill our needs, the Pacers could have a good year yet.

Look for an up tempo, wide open game that will be fun to watch. Can you imagine passing to somebody who will actually hit the shot.

Jeez, it just hit me that Carlisle won't play them together. Man o man.
    But an hour or so later, Hibbert wrote on his Twitter account: "Love this coach [and] I love this team. We can go far this year if we play like that. 2night we played our hearts out. Just didn't get the win."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Peja will make Sarunas look good.

Look for an up tempo, wide open game that will be fun to watch.
    .....so who will be the new coach?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess we're going to learn a lot about Carlisle in the next month or two. It's always been implied that Carlisle won't open up an offense, because he's so fearful of turnovers. That conficts with his past as the offensive coordinator, so to speak, of the late '90s Pacers. Maybe what's missing is trust. Hard to find a guy more trustworthy to make the right decision than Mark Jackson, but at least Carlisle now has some veterans who are used to the euro style of ball.

We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is the $64,000 question. But I'm of the opinion it may be a necessary decision to make in the near future. I willing to give Carlisle the benefit of the doubt right now, but I really don't think he will be right for that kind of team. Lets see how it works out for the rest of this year and let TPTB make up their minds over the summer.
    But an hour or so later, Hibbert wrote on his Twitter account: "Love this coach [and] I love this team. We can go far this year if we play like that. 2night we played our hearts out. Just didn't get the win."

Opening up the offense won't be the problem for Carlisle. Playing such poor defenders at the same time will be.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

See I think this will hurt Saras' game. You need someopne who can penetrate. And Saras just is too slow. Without a great penetrator Peja is easy to defend