Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 247

Thread: ESPNews: Artest again traded to Sac pending league approval.

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere..near Fishers
    Age
    37
    Posts
    902

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know about you...but can someone else other then ESPN or Jim Gray report on this?

    Where's David Aldridge when we need him?
    About 2 weeks behind everyone else, where he always is.

  2. #27
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../60125010/1088

    Artest declares, ‘I’ll go anywhere’

    Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest, along with his agent Mark Stevens, met with CEO Donnie Walsh and team president Larry Bird this morning, one day after a deal to send the forward to Sacramento fell apart.

    “It was a good meeting,” Artest said by phone after he drove past a group of reporters waiting outside Conseco Fieldhouse. “They said they were going to try to get something sorted out to get the trade done. There’s no trade right now.”
    The Pacers were prepared to trade Artest for Kings forward Peja Stojakovic on Tuesday.

    Several media outlets reported Artest rejected the trade, but he told the Star on Tuesday evening that he would “do whatever my agent tells me to do.”

    Stevens told ESPN that Artest has never wanted to play for the Kings. Stevens said Artest made his trade request public on Dec. 10 only after he thought he was about to be sent to Sacramento.

    When asked again today if he wants to play for the Kings, Artest said, “I’ll go anywhere. I just want to get back on the basketball court and start playing again.”
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  3. #28

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    The agreement to go to the Kings means nothing in an off itself - it just means Ron didnt' fall into the trap of refusing to report. Either he left that meeting suspended without pay - or with an agreement to report.

    Now it's up to Ron to either scare of the Kings for his own agenda - or come to terms with the fact that he's going to Sacramento.

    It's the Kings call - do they want Ron if he expresses that he'll be unhappy in Sac?

    Or is Ron really contrite and willing to go - and the conspiracy to land in LA overblown?

  4. #29

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember we still haven't heard rather or not the Maloof's and the Kings want to take Ron back after causeing chaos yesterday... Ron did agree but Maloof's won't i'm pretty sure no way do they take him back after trying to kill the deal yesterday.
    There you go believing everything Jim Gray says. Other than him and the other idiots on ESPN, did anyone actually confirm this, NO, they did not.

    Ron never said he wasn't going, read up on all the articles today that actually have research involved in them, rather than spontaneous reporting done by Jim Gray and ESPN. Ron said "there is no deal done". The deal is likely done and really Sacto almost has to do it after alienating Peja. As long as Ron can be on his best behavior for the next few hours, this deal will likely go down.

    Time to change your sig to "Forgetodom"...

    MarcD
    "Because clever got me this far, then tricky got me in..."

  5. #30
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: ESPN Radio Jim Gray Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That i would assume is why the are trying to reach him now to smooth any fears they have before completing the deal
    Sorry - when I wrote that the only thing that was written under the topic was "f".


  6. #31
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Don't hate on Kstat for actually supporting the Pacers through this. Any civil human being that has seen what Artest has done to our team would agree that he needs to be gone. Whether you are a Pistons fan or a Hornets fan, It's only fair that the Pacers finally get rid of this cancer.

    I think Ron will play great in Sac and he will leave when his contract his up there. I'm willing to bet we don't hear much more about him in terms of problems in the media.

  7. #32
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Maloofs are not dumb enough to take him back the only reason Ron even agreed to trade was to make himself not look bad it's Maloofs call right now and i'm almost positive he's not taking Ron back after he dis-couraged Sacramento yesterday.

  8. #33
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    This was trade was 99.9999999% done yesterday, and now Peja is upset with the Kings. I think they'll reluctantly pull the trigger on this deal and it finally gets finished. *Once again knocking on wood*

  9. #34
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,677

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what I was thinking as well. Kstat, are the Pistons just doing so well that you need Ron to give you some adversity.
    Well, we wouldn't see Ron this season if he goes to Sacramento.

    Your point is still valid, however. It's a little demoralizing watching the rest of the central division go down the toilet. I would have preferred to have some fun competition.

    I already cancelled my annual trip to Indy, because quite frankly I don't see the fun in kicking a dead horse.

    It's just getting too depressing watching the pacers games, especially in the chat room. It's like they just gave up. At some point, it's to sad to laugh at.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  10. #35
    Member Harddrive7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maloofs are not dumb enough to take him back the only reason Ron even agreed to trade was to make himself not look bad it's Maloofs call right now and i'm almost positive he's not taking Ron back after he dis-couraged Sacramento yesterday.

    Dude, you're wrong. He's going to Sac period. You have no clue as to what has really gone down. The fact is, he's going to the Kings. They're going to call him and just ask about what happened last night then it will all be done. Ron will be a King.

  11. #36
    DG-33
    Guest

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Peja is (a) pissed off about yesterday, (b) having an off season, and (c) a fa at seasons end.

    Kings probably know Peja's trade value has taken a big hit, and wont be back up again untill next year, when he'll likely be out of Sacramento via free agency. They probably think even an unhappy Ron but a Ron who's willing to show up and play is the best they can get at this point.

  12. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,311

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Pincus
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The agreement to go to the Kings means nothing in an off itself - it just means Ron didnt' fall into the trap of refusing to report. Either he left that meeting suspended without pay - or with an agreement to report.

    Now it's up to Ron to either scare of the Kings for his own agenda - or come to terms with the fact that he's going to Sacramento.

    It's the Kings call - do they want Ron if he expresses that he'll be unhappy in Sac?

    Or is Ron really contrite and willing to go - and the conspiracy to land in LA overblown?
    Eric, one thing everyone (Donnie, Bird, Jermaine) say about Ronnie is he's one of the most likeable people you can talk to. That's part of his charm and the reason he's had 20 chances with the PAcer or the Bulls. I believe the Maloofs will be fooled by his charm and of course regret it later.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  13. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not trying to be a jerk here. But why do YOU need this to end?
    I dunno about kstat but I need it to end because I'm terrified he might actually end up in NY.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  14. #39
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was trade was 99.9999999% done yesterday, and now Peja is upset with the Kings. I think they'll reluctantly pull the trigger on this deal and it finally gets finished. *Once again knocking on wood*
    The trade was 50% done yesterday, now there is a 99% chance he' not going to the Kings.

    once again Maloofs are not dumb enough to do such a thing unless there happy for a guy who's not gonna be happy in Sacramento.

  15. #40
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,348

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what I was thinking as well. Kstat, are the Pistons just doing so well that you need Ron to give you some adversity.
    Hey now....no need to get on KStat's case. He's been good enough to not rub our faces in this.

    On the RealGM Pacer board...I'm actually trying to defend to some Knicks fan why Artest has sabotaged the Pacers Organization.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  16. #41
    Member Harddrive7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, we wouldn't see Ron this season if he goes to Sacramento.

    Your point is still valid, however. It's a little demoralizing watching the rest of the central division go down the toilet. I would have preferred to have some fun competition.

    I already cancelled my annual trip to Indy, because quite frankly I don't see the fun in kicking a dead horse.

    You're right. Detroit really is in a world all by themselves in the east. Unless a major injury occurs, nothing is going to stop them. Hell they're not just rolling over this weak east, they're tearing up the west too.

    I envy you. It must be nice having a TEAM.

    BTW, I really don't think that you take any joy over this as I had stated to you the other day. I was just frustrated.

  17. #42
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,677

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The trade was 50% done yesterday, now there is a 99% chance he' not going to the Kings.

    once again Maloofs are not dumb enough to do such a thing unless there happy for a guy who's not gonna be happy in Sacramento.
    If the Maloofs were scared off by Artest, then they wouldn't have left the door open by saying that the deal wasn't dead yet.

    If Artest agrees to be a good soldier, they'll trade for him.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  18. #43
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,169

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Let's just get Peja in here already. Can he be able to suit up for Friday's game?

    Remeber last season when we got DD, and right before then JO went out with that prolonged injury? Deja vu, anyone?

  19. #44
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maloofs are not dumb enough to take him back the only reason Ron even agreed to trade was to make himself not look bad it's Maloofs call right now and i'm almost positive he's not taking Ron back after he dis-couraged Sacramento yesterday.

    You didn't get your wish and threaten Donnie from moving forward, so I doubt your going to out think the Maloofs as well.

    You do realize they've got a disgruntled player that was on his way out the door that is now supposedly just back on the team?

    They dug their grave with him.

    Look at it with both eyes, or just don't look at it.


  20. #45
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The trade was 50% done yesterday, now there is a 99% chance he' not going to the Kings.

    once again Maloofs are not dumb enough to do such a thing unless there happy for a guy who's not gonna be happy in Sacramento.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  21. #46
    Member Harddrive7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno about kstat but I need it to end because I'm terrified he might actually end up in NY.

    Like I said in another thread, it's not like he's going to be playing after a few weeks regardless of where he goes.

  22. #47
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Artest agrees to be a good soldier, they'll trade for him.
    Question is will he? would he? could be? is it possible? NO NO NO & NO.

    If i'm taking Ron back i'm just discouraging Sacramento.

  23. #48
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,169

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, we wouldn't see Ron this season if he goes to Sacramento.

    Your point is still valid, however. It's a little demoralizing watching the rest of the central division go down the toilet. I would have preferred to have some fun competition.

    I already cancelled my annual trip to Indy, because quite frankly I don't see the fun in kicking a dead horse.

    It's just getting too depressing watching the pacers games, especially in the chat room. It's like they just gave up. At some point, it's to sad to laugh at.
    Ph3ar tEh Peja! Wooooo! *spooky*

  24. #49
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,662
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The trade was 50% done yesterday, now there is a 99% chance he' not going to the Kings.

    once again Maloofs are not dumb enough to do such a thing unless there happy for a guy who's not gonna be happy in Sacramento.
    Just because you keep saying it does not make it true. If there was no deal, they would not want to talk to him. I have no idea what is going on, but neither do you. We will all have to wait and see on this one. We should know in the next few hours. Both teams need this to progress quickly to avoid any further damage. If what you say is true, then no GM will trade for him except Mitch, and we will not trade him for George.

  25. #50
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,348

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Radio: Jim Gray reporting Artest has agreed to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno about kstat but I need it to end because I'm terrified he might actually end up in NY.
    If this happens....I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings trade Artest to the Knicks by the 2006-2007 trade deadline ( either by the actual trade deadline or during the 2006 offseason ).

    The Pacers may have reservations about trading Artest to the East for some package of Ariza/Lee/AD/Expriring contracts...but the Kings won't.

    I can see the Kings play Artest....build up what little trade value he has until the trade deadline...and then jettison his @ss out of the closest Airlock.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •