Thread: Insider Request

Default Insider Request

On the ESPN NBA page there is an Insider article saying that the Lakers may be end up getting Ron, I did a search here and didn't see it posted anywhere, if anyone would like to share here is the link

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

Banned

Default Re: Insider Request

Artest Denies Report
    Jan 25 - Ron Artest, reached late Tuesday at his home in Indianapolis, told the Indianapolis Star he is open to all possibilities. "Whatever my agent tells me to do, that's what I'll do," he said. "I'm going to do whatever the rules say."
    Artest dismissed an ESPN report that he was to meet with Donnie Walsh this morning. "Nobody has told me about that," he told the newspaper. Artest also denied an ESPN report he has bought a home in Los Angeles, although he told the Indianapolis Star he has rented an apartment short term.

In related news ...

The Lakers aren't expecting to acquire Ron Artest, if the Pacers trade with the Kings doesn't happen, reports the Los Angeles Times. "We don't anticipate that's going to happen," Phil Jackson told the newspaper. "We're comfortable with the team we have."

Magic Assistant GM Otis Smith said the Magic never were interested in acquiring Artest, reports the Orlando Sentinel. Smith said the Magic only would make a trade "if it makes sense." Center Kelvin Cato has been mentioned in recent trade rumors. Smith told the newspaper he is no hurry to trade his big men.

According to the Oklahoman, Hornets GM Jeff Bower admitted the rumors surrounding Ron Artest were getting plentiful, but Artest to the Hornets? "That doesn't really bring a real response for me," Bower told the newspaper.

Typical ESPN much a do about nothing.......thanks anyway....
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

BSPN strikes again! They're like the television equivalent of Ron Artest!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Basketball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Artest Denies Report
    Jan 25 - Ron Artest, reached late Tuesday at his home in Indianapolis, told the Indianapolis Star he is open to all possibilities. "Whatever my agent tells me to do, that's what I'll do," he said. "I'm going to do whatever the rules say."Artest dismissed an ESPN report that he was to meet with Donnie Walsh this morning. "Nobody has told me about that," he told the newspaper. Artest also denied an ESPN report he has bought a home in Los Angeles, although he told the Indianapolis Star he has rented an apartment short term.
    Either Artest is a lemming....or he's lying. Good God....grow some B@lls or fire your Agent. Your Agent does what you want him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Basketball
    In related news ...
    The Lakers aren't expecting to acquire Ron Artest, if the Pacers trade with the Kings doesn't happen, reports the Los Angeles Times. "We don't anticipate that's going to happen," Phil Jackson told the newspaper. "We're comfortable with the team we have."

Magic Assistant GM Otis Smith said the Magic never were interested in acquiring Artest, reports the Orlando Sentinel. Smith said the Magic only would make a trade "if it makes sense." Center Kelvin Cato has been mentioned in recent trade rumors. Smith told the newspaper he is no hurry to trade his big men.

According to the Oklahoman, Hornets GM Jeff Bower admitted the rumors surrounding Ron Artest were getting plentiful, but Artest to the Hornets? "That doesn't really bring a real response for me," Bower told the newspaper.[/
    GMs quickly deny that they want Artest the day after the mess. Surprise Surprise. Any team that isn't on Ron's Shortlist.....its probably true. But any team that is likely not in his shortlist.....their pulling their chips to make a new ante to make a raise.

If Walsh were to go to a GM and ask for one of the starters or future prospects in return for Artest....its easy to see why they would laugh in his face.

But if Walsh's asking price was a bag of chips and one of your NBDL players......what do you think the response would be?

Most GM will take the gamble for Artest IF THE PRICES IS RIGHT. He maybe a "Super High Risk but Super high reward" but not if all you have to do is trade a backup SF that you don't really need + scraps for a player like Artest. You serioulsly think that Phil is now backtracking on getting Artest after he campaigned to management to dump Bynum for him especially when it has become apparent that Artest would happily go to either LA Team....which more then likely is the Lakers? Phil is doing the right thing now...he's backing away from Artest so that the Lakers can reposition themselves to lowball ( meaning not only "No Odom"...now its "No Odom or Bynum" ) the Pacers for Artest services.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    Phil is doing the right thing now...he's backing away from Artest so that the Lakers can reposition themselves to lowball ( meaning not only "No Odom"...now its "No Odom or Bynum" ) the Pacers for Artest services.

Bird hates the Laker's, he's said so. In this case it's give him what he want's or he'll take a different deal. Simply put, for the Laker's it's not enough that they beat other teams offers.

I've thought for some time that the following trade would be close to perfect - IF Colangelo was a risk-taker:

Artest for KT.

Pacers need a center plus KT's ability to board, defend and hit from 15-20 complements JO perfectly. He's older but should still be pretty good at the end of his deal.

For Phoenix, since Ron usually waits until his second season to go psycho, they win a title. He'll destroy them next year but in the meantime they've raised a banner, assuming Amare comes back at anything close to 100%.

Obviously Indy isn't getting equal value back - but I think that's pretty much a given right now.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    BSPN strikes again! They're like the television equivalent of Ron Artest!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws