Thread: Montieth was just on "The Herd".....

Default Montieth was just on "The Herd".....

Colin: Is this thing totally dead? 100% dead?

Mark: Absolutely not, Colin. Joe Maloof told reporters, I know, last night, through the Bloomberg New Service that the deal was not dead. And I talked to Ron last night, late last night, and he said, hey, he's not saying he won't go to Sacramento, so I don't think it ever was dead, actually.

Colin: I'm going to go on a limb here: The teams want it, I think the agent wants it, Ron Artest isn't opposed to it, the Maloofs are great sales people. I'm going to go on record saying I think it's going to happen........Let's talk from the Pacers' standpoint. What does it do for them?

Mark: Well, it gives them a player, at least, and they don't have one now. Ron Artest isn't playing for 'em, so whoever they get should should be able to help. And certainly Peja Stojakovic can help them. They would be a better team with him than they are right now without him....In strictly basketball terms it's a better deal for Sacramento. I think Artest is a better player than Stojakovic, he's younger, he's more complete. The question is can you keep him on the court. If they can do that, the Kings come out ahead, but it's not a bad damage control deal for the Pacers.

Colin: Jermaine O'Neal got hurt last night. How serious?

Mark: Don't know yet. He'll be checked further this morning, but he said there was a pop in his groin and I don't think any of us like the idea of pops in their groins.

Colin: Oh, absolutely. I'll agree with you, Mark, on that.

Mark: So, uh, he could be out a while.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Default Re: Montieth was just on "The Herd".....

Thanks for the news, MR...

I know that "the meeting" only started 43 minutes ago, but surely SOMEBODY is listening in or has it wire tapped....It is killing me!!

It is encouraging to hear that the Kings may not be scared to death of Artest after all...

I keep refreshing espn.com hoping that there will be breaking news any minute on the trade or on O'Neal's groin. After yesterday, can we have some GOOD news today??!!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the news, MR...

I know that "the meeting" only started 43 minutes ago, but surely SOMEBODY is listening in or has it wire tapped....It is killing me!!

It is encouraging to hear that the Kings may not be scared to death of Artest after all...

I keep refreshing espn.com hoping that there will be breaking news any minute on the trade or on O'Neal's groin. After yesterday, can we have some GOOD news today??!!

It also teaches us this one simple lesson: Do not trust anything Jim Gray ever says or reports. This guy has repeatedly screwed up news and gets it wrong all the time.

What an idiot, ESPN got rid of David Aldridge for this nut?

MarcD
    "Because clever got me this far, then tricky got me in..."

There should be a picture of Jim Gray next to sniveling in the dictionary. The Kings have already ruined the Peja situation it would seem, so it seems to make sense that they would try to go ahead and make the sales pitch to Artest.

woman without a team

What did Jim Gray say that was wrong? There was a deal. It was just waiting to be consumated. Is it his fault that Ron is stupid?

Reason 23 why I detest Ron Artest: He has me defending Jim Gray.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    What did Jim Gray say that was wrong? There was a deal. It was just waiting to be consumated. Is it his fault that Ron is stupid?

Reason 23 why I detest Ron Artest: He has me defending Jim Gray.
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18563
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by marcd
    It also teaches us this one simple lesson: Do not trust anything Jim Gray ever says or reports. This guy has repeatedly screwed up news and gets it wrong all the time.

What an idiot, ESPN got rid of David Aldridge for this nut?

MarcD
    I totally agree.

I've had it with ESPN's poor reporting... they really need to stop speculating and just report the FACTS.

David Aldrige was by far the best ESPN has ever had... I still miss him a bunch... Even Chad Ford wasn't too bad...
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Chest Rockwell

Some guy that looked exactly like David Aldridge once hit on me in a grocery store parking lot. I could never look at the DA the same after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell
    Some guy that looked exactly like David Aldridge once hit on me in a grocery store parking lot. I could never look at the DA the same after that.
    EWWW!! TMI! TMI!!!!!
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!