Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Artest Meeting at 10 AM (Update: He did show up)

Default Re: Artest Meeting at 10 AM

Quote Originally Posted by SarunasJ3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know we cant get anyone else but i still think its a bad trade.
    There's an old quote my father used to tell me: You can only **** with the penis you have.

In this situation, I think it's apt. Would the trade be of equal value for skill level - not at all. But right now, I'll take whatever they can get.

"Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Snart
    There's an old quote my father used to tell me: You can only **** with the penis you have.
    Hilarious.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    Purely my point of view here but I think Ron wants to go to 1 of the LA teams or Golden State. As for Sacramento, I'm not sure that Ron himself is against that trade, but if you read all the quotes from Stevens, it is obvious Stevens doesn't want him to play in Sacramento. And, in my opinion, Stevens is the one causing all the drama here.

From Stevens to SAS last night:

"Ron Artest did not want to be traded to Sacramento weeks ago, and he does not want to be traded to Sacramento now. Basketball is Ron Artest's passion. In order for Ron to fully demonstrate his natural skills and abilities, to the best of his abilities, he not only must be in an environment that is conducive to his growth an development as a player, he must also ensure that his family is happy and content as well. Ron does not believe that will be the case if he were in Sacramento. Period. However, as mentioned earlier, Ron is deeply committed to the sport of basketball and desperately misses playing the game he loves. If the trade is made he will play for his new team, regardless of how he may feel about it."
    2 thoughts on this.

1 ) Mark Stevens is either the stupidiest Agent in the world where he acts and speaks for his Boss without consulting him OR he is saying what his Boss tells him to say. Oddly enough....the 2 times that we have heard from him....he has contradicted himself by saying one thing ( a deal is imminent ) then turns around and says something completely different 2 hours later.

2 ) As stupid and crazy as it sounds......demanding to be traded another team then turn around and say that he doesn't want to play for that team....from what we know about Artest...is this truly beyond what he would say or do?

His Agent seems to be as good of an agent as the one for T.O and swarmy enough to try his futile attempt at damage control. I honestly think that Artest's told his agent to make the comments about SacTown so that he can nix the deal there cuz he not only wants to leave the Pacers....he wants to go to a team of his choosing....specifically to the Lakers ( 1st ), the Clippers ( 2nd ) and Warriors ( 3rd ).

As a Pacer fan...I want Artest shot to the Moon...anywhere...as long as he isn't in a Pacer uniform. But as an objective Basketball fan....if I were the Kings...I wouldn't touch him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SarunasJ3
    I know we cant get anyone else but i still think its a bad trade.
    You're not looking at the Big Picture. Is Peja skills comprable to Artest? Definitely not.

Its become apparent with the latest episode in this whole fiasco.......Artest MUST NOT put on another Pacer uniform not only for the good of the team...but for the fanbase that is slowly eroding away.

Does it mean that we should take crap offers for Artest? Nope, but when we get a solid starting SF that can help us out now......which is what the team and fans want.....we shouldn't turn away just because its not the best deal that we wish we could get. Sure, he maybe gone in another season.....but the bottomline is that Artest has to be moved.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    You're not looking at the Big Picture. Is Peja skills comprable to Artest? Definitely not.

Its become apparent with the latest episode in this whole fiasco.......Artest MUST NOT put on another Pacer uniform not only for the good of the team...but for the fanbase that is slowly eroding away.

Does it mean that we should take crap offers for Artest? Nope, but when we get a solid starting SF that can help us out now......which is what the team and fans want.....we shouldn't turn away just because its not the best deal that we wish we could get. Sure, he maybe gone in another season.....but the bottomline is that Artest has to be moved.
    The fanbase is not slowly eroding. It's QUICKLY eroding. I've even begun to waver in my enthusiasm and loyalty. The Pacers just aren't the Pacers to me anymore.

Sorry, but can we get back on track here? Has anyone heard/seen/read anything about the meeting? What is this business about Ron flying to LA or not being seen entering the fieldhouse? I don't see anything on the net yet that hasn't already been discussed but this is pretty much the only site I trust anymore...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd think if anyone had heard anything, there would be 6145247749 threads about it already.

Banned

If he had actually entered the building, someone would have spotted him. These tv crews have people staked at each possible entrance to call them and let him know where he was coming in at.

He no-showed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Basketball
    If he had actually entered the building, someone would have spotted him. These tv crews have people staked at each possible entrance to call them and let him know where he was coming in at.

He no-showed.
    That's a frightening possiblity, but very possible. Obviously, if he did, the Pacers should have the ability to at least suspend him w/o pay, if not void his contract altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    That's a frightening possiblity, but very possible. Obviously, if he did, the Pacers should have the ability to at least suspend him w/o pay, if not void his contract altogether.
    If that's true you don't think Donnie wouldn't have the biggest sh.. eating grin in the world?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty
    Take all that for what it's worth. I'm very unhappy with the local media right now. I think the Indy media--all of them--have glossed over the serious nature of this ordeal and its effect upon the Pacers organization as well as its fans.
    I'm pissed of at the entire media establishment how they have handled this situation...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    The fanbase is not slowly eroding. It's QUICKLY eroding. I've even begun to waver in my enthusiasm and loyalty. The Pacers just aren't the Pacers to me anymore.

If that's not the truth, i don't know what is.

bandwagon fans erod, true fans go on suicide watch

Had a hard time deciding which of the page-full of Artest threads to post this in, so I just stuck it here. Funny quote from Ron:

http://www.theindychannel.com/sports...56/detail.html

Artest Trade Saga Drags On

POSTED: 11:06 am EST January 25, 2006
    UPDATED: 12:50 pm EST January 25, 2006

INDIANAPOLIS -- A meeting was scheduled Wednesday morning between Pacers officials and forward Ron Artest.

The meeting comes a day after a deal that would have sent Artest to Sacramento in exchange for Predrag Stojakovic fell through.

Wednesday's meeting was to have begun at about 10 a.m. No word about the talks or the status of Artest was available, RTV6's Wil Hampton reported.

Artest has been inactive for five weeks since he demanded to be traded from the Pacers. Sources told RTV6 that Artest did not want to be traded to the Kings.

Artest told Indianapolis radio station "Hot 96.3" Tuesday that he still loves to call Indianapolis home

"I was in my car and I was driving to Costcos and I heard, 'Ron Artest is going to Sacramento,' and I was ... that's crazy," Artest said. "I called my agent and he said it wasn't true. Right now, I'm still enjoying Naptown, man."

Pacers officials said they will not comment on any trade talk until a deal is done.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    Had a hard time deciding which of the page-full of Artest threads to post this in, so I just stuck it here. Funny quote from Ron:

http://www.theindychannel.com/sports...56/detail.html

Artest Trade Saga Drags On

POSTED: 11:06 am EST January 25, 2006
    UPDATED: 12:50 pm EST January 25, 2006

INDIANAPOLIS -- A meeting was scheduled Wednesday morning between Pacers officials and forward Ron Artest.

The meeting comes a day after a deal that would have sent Artest to Sacramento in exchange for Predrag Stojakovic fell through.

Wednesday's meeting was to have begun at about 10 a.m. No word about the talks or the status of Artest was available, RTV6's Wil Hampton reported.

Artest has been inactive for five weeks since he demanded to be traded from the Pacers. Sources told RTV6 that Artest did not want to be traded to the Kings.

Artest told Indianapolis radio station "Hot 96.3" Tuesday that he still loves to call Indianapolis home

"I was in my car and I was driving to Costcos and I heard, 'Ron Artest is going to Sacramento,' and I was ... that's crazy," Artest said. "I called my agent and he said it wasn't true. Right now, I'm still enjoying Naptown, man."

Pacers officials said they will not comment on any trade talk until a deal is done.
    Ron Artest will never cease to amaze me. I mean, he isn't an idiot, he isn't crazy (per se), he isn't all there either...I just don't know anymore...

The question is, did he have a resume in the car with him?

woman without a team

Well now we know why Ron and is agent dissed the face to face with Donnie and Larry. They're in heated negotiations with Sam's Club. Who knows what Costco is willing to put up with to keep his business.

Soooooo Ron's agent says on ESPN quoted as saying a deal is imminent, but he tells Ron-Ron that it ain't happening? Something doesn't add up, now does it. Somebody somewhere in the line of information is bull-****ting us and others.

As someone else has also said I am pissed at the media. I half think they caused the whole deal to fall through because BSPN always jumps to conclusions. We don't even know if there EVER was really a deal.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Do we even know there was a meeting called for this morning? Things are so confusing that I'm about ready to ignore all media, and trade threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Do we even know there was a meeting called for this morning? Things are so confusing that I'm about ready to ignore all media, and trade threads.
    Since it was posted on IndyStar, I think it's legit.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731
    Soooooo Ron's agent says on ESPN quoted as saying a deal is imminent, but he tells Ron-Ron that it ain't happening? Something doesn't add up, now does it. Somebody somewhere in the line of information is bull-****ting us and others.

As someone else has also said I am pissed at the media. I half think they caused the whole deal to fall through because BSPN always jumps to conclusions. We don't even know if there EVER was really a deal.
    Ron and his agent would have still said something to the Kings no matter what, b/c they would still be informed...

BUT...

The media is what has caused this huge panic and rage of the fans by them (media) jumping to conclusions...

Also they (media) probably did help strain the tensions between the all parties involved by spreading half assed info... Thus making this situation much harder than it should have been...

The stupid referrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> ath o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"> media...>>ath>
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Well I wish I was a pro sports player- I was forced to hand my resignation in to my job today because my boss "heard I was looking at other opportunities outside of the company." I should have pulled an Artest and told him "NO!, you need to pay me until I find another job that is better than this one." Hey if it worked for Ronnie...

-J

FYI, the ESPN article has been updated with the following:

Artest, who along with his agent, Mark Stevens, was expected to meet Wednesday morning in Indianapolis with team executives Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh, left the field house and drove away without making any comment Thursday afternoon at 1:30 ET, ESPN's George Smith reported.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2304942

[edit] Of course, isn't today Wednesday?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Ok, so since he was there, why haven't they said anything?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

WTF is Steven's trying to do here? crap if your gonna cancel the meeting without saying anything then there is something fishy going on.