Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Artest Meeting at 10 AM (Update: He did show up)

Default Artest Meeting at 10 AM (Update: He did show up)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../60125010/1088

Artest to meet with Pacers brass
    By Mark Montieth

Ron Artest will meet with Indiana Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh and president Larry Bird this morning in the wake of stalled trade talks with the Sacramento Kings.

The meeting was scheduled for 10 a.m. at Conseco Fieldhouse.
    The Pacers and Kings were working to execute a trade that would exchange Artest for Peja Stojakovic on Tuesday.

Some media outlets reported Artest had rejected the trade, although Artest told The Indianapolis Star on Tuesday evening that he would “do whatever my agent tells me to do.”

Artest, who asked for a trade on Dec. 9, could be suspended without pay if he refuses to cooperate in a transaction.

This story will be updated.

"Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

Lithfan

Default Re: Artest Meeting at 10 AM

Please trade him and then suspend him without pay.

10:00 AM that is 7:00 AM west coast time. Do the Maloofs get up that early.

I fully expect Ron to agree to go to the Kings, my only question is whether the Kings will take him. Right now that seems like a 50/50 proposition

I agree UB. I think Donnie and Larry will diplomatically lay into him (we all know what will happen f they take a direct approach).

Artest and his agent are like TO and Rosenhaus. I wish contracts weren't guarenteed in the NBA.

"Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    10:00 AM that is 7:00 AM west coast time. Do the Maloofs get up that early.

I fully expect Ron to agree to go to the Kings, my only question is whether the Kings will take him. Right now that seems like a 50/50 proposition
    I don't think I agree. It was Stevens that essentially nixed the deal, and I have a hard time believing Artest would convince Stevens to accept the deal or that he would be willing to play for the Kings. Actually, it will probably be Stevens convincing Artest to avoid the Kings by doing things his way. Obviously, their tactic will probably be to reiterate that "Artest won't impede the trade, but Ron is not going to be happy in Sacramento."

And, at that point, Sactown will shoot down any potential deal quicker than geezer could knock down a low flying pheasant.

I would put the odds at closer to 10% or less that the trade happens.

Here's the thing though, as his agent, Stevens has to realize what a public relations disaster this is becoming, which will directly effect Artest's ability to demand higher wages. The only way Artest can improve his image is by playing. The longer he goes without playing, the lower the money making potential.

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Snart
    Here's the thing though, as his agent, Stevens has to realize what a public relations disaster this is becoming, which will directly effect Artest's ability to demand higher wages. The only way Artest can improve his image is by playing. The longer he goes without playing, the lower the money making potential.
    Lucifer's agent is doing everything he can to portray Ron as the victim in this situation. He does NOT want Artest in Sactown and is doing everything in his power to make the Kings reject the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    Lucifer's agent is doing everything he can to portray Ron as the victim in this situation. He does NOT want Artest in Sactown and is doing everything in his power to make the Kings reject the trade.
    He can do whatever he wants, but I can guarentee that 99% of the NBA-watching public will never think Artest is the victim. Words are not going to change that.

The Pacers, if anything, have shown more patience than they should have. People think we're stupid, not evil.

Now Artest? He's evil.

Why doesn't Ron want to go to Sactown

I don't know why he wouldn't want to go there myself.

I've been there a couple of times on business. Not too shabby a city, and withing close proximity to Vegas, SF, and LA if you're looking for a good time.

I think he's just crazy and worried about how unstable the King's are (ha ha ha ha ha!).

Seriously though, I went to high school with Rick Adelman's daughter when he was the coach of the Trailblazers (Clyde the Glyde was my hero growing up), and Adelman is a class act guy all the way, and a decent coach (Come on, he took a team that had Kevin Duckworth and Jerome Kersey to the finals - twice.)

If I were to take an objective point of view, I would feel bad for him having to take on Artest.

teY dennaB toN

Purely my point of view here but I think Ron wants to go to 1 of the LA teams or Golden State. As for Sacramento, I'm not sure that Ron himself is against that trade, but if you read all the quotes from Stevens, it is obvious Stevens doesn't want him to play in Sacramento. And, in my opinion, Stevens is the one causing all the drama here.

From Stevens to SAS last night:

"Ron Artest did not want to be traded to Sacramento weeks ago, and he does not want to be traded to Sacramento now. Basketball is Ron Artest's passion. In order for Ron to fully demonstrate his natural skills and abilities, to the best of his abilities, he not only must be in an environment that is conducive to his growth an development as a player, he must also ensure that his family is happy and content as well. Ron does not believe that will be the case if he were in Sacramento. Period. However, as mentioned earlier, Ron is deeply committed to the sport of basketball and desperately misses playing the game he loves. If the trade is made he will play for his new team, regardless of how he may feel about it."

woman without a team

Do the Maloofs get up that early.
    Are you sure they ever went to bed?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think he will go to Sacto. Call in a gut feeling.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    Purely my point of view here but I think Ron wants to go to 1 of the LA teams or Golden State. As for Sacramento, I'm not sure that Ron himself is against that trade, but if you read all the quotes from Stevens, it is obvious Stevens doesn't want him to play in Sacramento. And, in my opinion, Stevens is the one causing all the drama here.

From Stevens to SAS last night:

"Ron Artest did not want to be traded to Sacramento weeks ago, and he does not want to be traded to Sacramento now. Basketball is Ron Artest's passion. In order for Ron to fully demonstrate his natural skills and abilities, to the best of his abilities, he not only must be in an environment that is conducive to his growth an development as a player, he must also ensure that his family is happy and content as well. Ron does not believe that will be the case if he were in Sacramento. Period. However, as mentioned earlier, Ron is deeply committed to the sport of basketball and desperately misses playing the game he loves. If the trade is made he will play for his new team, regardless of how he may feel about it."
    This guy is like the anti-Jerry McGuire. Could there possibly be a worse case of client management?

I heard Ron doesn't want to go to Sac, because he thinks Bonzi Well's is a head case.

woman without a team

Should I be worried that the ticker on ESPN News still says "Kings reject trade for Ron Artest"? Is this new news or is this yesterday's news?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

^^^ESPN doesn't know ****. EVER.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    Should I be worried that the ticker on ESPN News still says "Kings reject trade for Ron Artest"? Is this new news or is this yesterday's news?
    Probably both. Why would they change their minds now?

Just because they've got a mess to clean up with Peja doesn't mean they have to make *this* trade.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

SarunasJ3

Has this meeting already happended?Btw i think this trade is retarded.Pejas no where near Artest.

Because it's a sleepy unexciting naptown like town. Ronnie wants the bright lights of LA or the almost bright lights of the Bay Area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It's a league game, Smokey"

Quote Originally Posted by SarunasJ3
    Has this meeting already happended?Btw i think this trade is retarded.Pejas no where near Artest.
    What else are we going to get?

SarunasJ3

I know we cant get anyone else but i still think its a bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    I heard Ron doesn't want to go to Sac, because he thinks Bonzi Well's is a head case.
    LMAO

Quote of the year so far.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just watched the noon news on all the Indy stations...6, 8, and 13.

They all reported (and showed video) that Donnie and Larry both arrived at the Fieldhouse before 10am this morning. However, they all then each reported that Ron Artest was not seen entering the building. Of course, that may mean they're still talking via phone or some other measure. Nicole Manske (Channel 8) reported a rumor that Ron had boarded a plane to Los Angeles this morning. Channel 13's Dick Rea had a short interview with Ron last night, in what is becoming a ridiculous series of "let's-catch-Ron-in-his-car" interviews. Ron, of course, made no sense. He did say that he had no knowledge of a meeting with the Pacers.

Take all that for what it's worth. I'm very unhappy with the local media right now. I think the Indy media--all of them--have glossed over the serious nature of this ordeal and its effect upon the Pacers organization as well as its fans.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.