Give me E.F. F.O.R.T or give me Death,...
(That is all I ever ask of my teams and their players)
A side story currently that is taking a back seat. is that this team as a whole , has given up.
So I was thinking about this on the way to work today
The Cardinal Sin in my book.... Which applies to Life as well, and there are many things that we cannot change , in relationships, work or elsewhere ,one thing that we are guaranteed no matter , that gives us some semblance of control is we can always give our best effort, and at the end of the day no matter the outcome in life , as long as they can say this person always gave his all in whatever they did, what better compliment is there ????
So this brings us to the team at hand. No team in the NBA is 30 pts better than any other even the worst team on the road injured, and having an off night against the best team , should never, ever get beat by 30 pts , its impossible if.. you have 100% effort, it will never happen.
- Every play, every day.providing consistent output that can be depended on, If the sun rises that morning you make a promise to yourself to give your all or don't bother showing up, you are not needed.
- Focus. maintaining a level head. blocking any and all distractions, Your competitive spirit will not allow you to break down and give in to current circumstances or excuses.. It's not within you or even an option
- Fidelity Loyal to the cause, Faithful, Reliable, Trustworthy, Dependable, Devoted, Committed..
- Obstinate: Tenacity, Perseverance, Inflexible, Dogged Resolution, Self Will, Ruling Passion .( Ok thanks Internet for help on the last few here)
- Respect, for the game, to the undying fans, to the team, to the organization, and most importantly to yourself. You could not live with yourself knowing you could have done better.
- Teamwork. understanding the real meaning of... doing your best on the court entails involving every other player on your team. 1 on 5 will always be a losing effort. Willing to go to war for your guys because you love them as teammate, even if you may not like them as a person. Knowing that as long as you lay it all on the line you are going to be tough to beat night in and night out, because the other team will never match your intensity, even if you are out manned, out talented and even out coached. And if God forbid you find yourself in a dogfight that seems hopeless, you may lose , but heaven help you are no way going out without a fight to the end.
Follow these steps , no matter the talent level or end result . You put all your heart and soul into this team, and you will have the heart and soul of the fans.
Success will almost always follow.
Forget these steps.. and nothing like lack of effort. Tears a team apart faster, loses a fanbase more effectively or jeopardizes Coaches job security more than that..
ok that is all...