Thread: What happens if we get horrible JO news?

Default What happens if we get horrible JO news?

Let's just say that this morning we find out that Jermaine has an injury that will keep him out for a few months - maybe the season.

At the same time we get Artest and Sacto on the same page and they will do the deal again.

Do we even want to? Do we want a player with either a half season or a season and a half taken into account that this year is a lottery year?

We may have gotten a break here because I think Jermaine's injury makes use reevaluate this trade.

My take is this - go do the Maggette deal, live with the fact that this year is just a wash, and regroup for next year.
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What happens if we get horrible JO news?

I might agree, however their is no garuntee that Maggette will ever be the player he was again.

His injury is obviously very serious, and for a player who uses their athletism as much as he does it can be career altering.

With all our problems, I just really don't want to see anyone dressed in street clothes. I want a healthy, proven to be durable player.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Excellent point I had not thought of that. If J.O. is done for the season which is already half over, then yes the Maggatte deal makes more sense. In fact I think the Maggette deal makes more sense either way. Unless the Pacers really believe Cory has some type of career threatening injury

What would make me happiest right now is to read in a few hours that the pacers have traded Ron to the Clips. I like that deal better to begin with.

I think if the Peja deal falls through, and JO is basically done for the year, then yes we should gamble on Maggette.

I like the Maggette trade better also, but I'm not so sure that the Clippers would still do it.

Why should they? They can say to us that we should take Wilcox and Rebraca, because that is better than the other crap offers out there.

If anyone needed MORE convincing about the consequences of employing Ron, yesterday they got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think if the Peja deal falls through, and JO is basically done for the year, then yes we should gamble on Maggette.
    That is not my question - my question is if we can salvage the Peja deal with a JO that is out for months or the year - do we even WANT to do the Peja deal any more? I think JO's injury changtes everything.
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Hicks, let me ask you and anyone else who would like to answer. Even if J.O. is ok, and even if we know Maggette is out for this season, but that he should be fine by late summer, wouldn't you rather do the Maggette deal.

I know I would

Yes.

After seeing the postgame press conference, I really think that the next thing we need to worry about is the resignation of Rick Carlisle.

I don't think that he will be fired, asked to leave, or to take a desk job.

I think that he is getting FED UP with babying players who barely care about anything other than playing time and touches.

Would anybody blame him?

That sets a chain of events: Bird as interim coach, crack-the-whip attitude of no tolerance for laziness, maybe the reinstatement of Ron, and in general utter chaos.

But right now we already have utter chaos. Just of a different type.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's a hard question.

I'm going to be the Devil's Apologist Advocate.

We need consistant outside shooting with or without JO.

We should be very concerned about Maggette's foot, considering this team has really never had a player successfully come back more than a single season from freak injuries.

If you believe Maggette has the possibility to be another Bender, and that Peja can still deliver from outside given the chance, I say go with the outside shooting. We live and die by the jump shot anyway.

Heck, if JO is down stick Peja on the outside, stick Harrison on the inside for 5 fouls a night quarter, and just bull through the rest of the season. It's easier to collapse on a first option in the middle than it is to collapse on a first option that's on the perimeter, and that alone opens up the offense.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Considering this year is already in shambles and the fact that the Clippers have already interviewed Ron,then yes go back to the Clippers.They still need a small forward and was willing to take Ron.

Plus Maggette is still under contract for a few more years at a reasonable rate.