Thread: A wild thought I had this morning. Re: Artest and possible next step

Banned

Default A wild thought I had this morning. Re: Artest and possible next step

I hold these truths to be self-evident:

1. David Stern wouldn't mind Ron Artest being completely out of the league, in fact, I believe he would like to suspend him indefinitely and label him as persona non-grata.

2. I believe the TPTB with the Pacers are on the same page, but they'd really like to get something out of him if possible.

I think the NBA, its owners and players union needs to get together on this and come to a mutual decision. The Artest saga is hurting other players as much as its hurting the NBA image, so I think you can get them on board in this one case. I think you can get the owners on board in the best interests of the NBA.

1. Suspend Artest indefinitely.

2. Grant the Pacers a compensatory first round draft pick, probably right at the end of the lottery. This is in addition whatever pick they end up with.

Like I said, its a wild idea..and I realize it won't happen..but I really think this would be a fair resolution. Either way, the NBA and the players union need to step in somehow.

Default Re: A wild thought I had this morning. Re: Artest and possible next step

Interesting thought Chauncey, but like you said "it won't happen"

I still believe at the end of this day Ron Artest will be a King and Peja a Pacer.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Default Re: A wild thought I had this morning. Re: Artest and possible next step

Not very realistic, in fact not even in the realm od possiblity

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not very realistic, in fact not even in the realm od possiblity
    UB, I realize that. Let me spell out what the overall gist of my post is:

Its time for the NBA and/or players union to get involved and make a stand. David Stern needs to place a call to Ron Artest today and let him know that if he causes waves with any potential deal or if he acts up in any way after a deal is done, he's gone for good. Then he needs to put Antonio Davis or Billy Hunter on the phone and they need to tell him the same thing.

At this point, I believe the Pacers would settle for an indefinite suspension of Artest without pay and his contract not counting against their cap.

I think that the Celtics talked about asking for an additional draft pick after Len Bias died. They were laughed off. The message: buyer beware.

If you have the nerve to employ a unstable and disruptive player, whether it's Isaiah Rider, Vin Baker, Roy Tarpley, or Ron Artest, then you need to be willing to accept all of the negative consequences.

i do think that a suspension without pay is inevitable if he says that there are only certain teams on a list that he will play for. That is NOT in his contract.