Thread: Don't cry for Peja

LakerFan

Default Don't cry for Peja

16 ppg on 40 % shooting.
    28 years old
    Free agent

I'm sure you still can get a much better offer.

Default Re: Don't cry for Peja

Yeah.

People REALLY REALLY want Ron now. Not only do they have to work out a trade, they must tiptoe up behind the psycho nutjob and plead him to report to work.

Devean George and Chris Mihm are probably off the table now, the Lakers having decided that it's TOO MUCH to pay.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Laker fan , I definately disagree that they can get what Walsh and Bird consider a better offer. Ron Artest saying I don't wanna play there , lessens the offers even more than before.

The Lakers for example never offered Odom , Bynum or even Kwame Brown before, why would they offer anything now? The offered the Heats #1 pick late 20's and Devean George .

The Warriors offered Mike Dunleavy's 5 year 45 mil contract and expiring Calbert Cheaney's contract - not Pietrus or Diogu.

Those deals are terrible. All Artest is trying to do is pick his landing spot - what that does is mean that team can offer crap a low pick and George , etc., or Pacers get nothing. At that point I'd prefer nothing to making another team stronger.

LakerFan

Well, I was trying to say that Peja is not a very good player anymore.
    Peja is a non factor if he's not scoring over 20 pts.
    Not only is he only scoring 16 points a game but his FG % is also terrible.

George, Mihm and Miami's first is a better offer than Peja alone.

I know this really does lower Ron's trade value, but it seems like anything Ron does lowers his trade value. "Ron Artest farted in his home on Tuesday, polluting the air and once again decreasing his trade value." I kind of get sick of hearing it. If he has decreased his trade value so much, why was he offered for Peja YESTERDAY? The way everybody has him ranked now, we should be getting brian skinner instead.

Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

George, Mihm and Miami's first is a better offer than Peja alone.
    George is useful in a versatile defensive-minded 8th man type of way.

You would have to be a Chris Mihm family member to believe that he is a significant upgrade over Jeff Foster.

A draft pick in the 20's in the weakest draft in recent memory may not be an asset, it may be a liability-- a guaranteed contract to a 15th man whose most significant contribution will be to sing his school fight song for the veterans and carry their bags in the airport.

The Pacers have done well with low picks, but this year there are no high schoolers and no contributors after the first 10 picks IMO.

Only one game over 50% FG on the last 13 games

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    George is useful in a versatile defensive-minded 8th man type of way.

You would have to be a Chris Mihm family member to believe that he is a significant upgrade over Jeff Foster.

A draft pick in the 20's in the weakest draft in recent memory may not be an asset, it may be a liability-- a guaranteed contract to a 15th man whose most significant contribution will be to sing his school fight song for the veterans and carry their bags in the airport.

The Pacers have done well with low picks, but this year there are no high schoolers and no contributors after the first 10 picks IMO.
    I agree with this so much. Sometimes it is better to trade your first round pick for future picks or a bench player. This is one of those years.