Thread: Completely OT: I am most thankful today

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Completely OT: I am most thankful today

I left work late today (about 5:10) Traveled eastbound I70. Turned northbound where I65 merges in and was listening to the Peja talk on AM 950 ESPN. I heard a loud explosion behind me and kinda ducked . As I looked in my rearview mirror I saw an 18 wheeler right behind me crossways in the interstate tiltin up onto the left side wheels. I think he was kept from rolling it by the rear end slamming into the railroad overpass (Or maybe it was Market Street overpass). Anyway, the very read hit the concrete and I saw crap coming flying out of the back of the truck. Funny thing, while up on its drivers side wheels I saw an Escalade-like car come barreling out from "under" this truck. He really wsan't under him but it looked like he was about to get rolled on and the guy was f* flying outta there.
    I heard different stories on the radio. One said two semis came together and there was entrapment and the other report I heard said it was a car and a truck.
    I only saw the one truck and he was crossways in the road when I saw him. I was still a bit shaky an hour later. All I know is you don't ever wanna see nothin but an 18 wheeler sideways and on 9 wheels in you rear-view mirror. That SOB was close!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Completely OT: I am most thankful today

Puts it in perspective, doesn't it?

Guess you could say that even a Pacer fan couldn't hit a broadside semi nowadays.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Scary story. Very scary. Glad you are okay.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BillS
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Puts it in perspective, doesn't it?

Guess you could say that even a Pacer fan couldn't hit a broadside semi nowadays.

ROFLMFAO...I think
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ron Artest has managed to anger even our vehicles. They must not have liked what he had to say to the basketball rims around the league.

Glad you're okay, geez.

Mood

I'm just glad you made it out of there.

Sports Logo

Artest-who? Good to hear you're okay.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Glad to hear your ok. How would fortaz ever get to sleep at night if you weren't on guard?

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

This Artest Dilema has effected Indiana more than I thought!

But seriously, I'm glad you're okay.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mood

Thanks fellers...I'm just glad I was ahead of it. I'm gonna have to see if there is any mention in the Star about the accident. Kinda wonder just what did happen.

You know, driving away My thoughts were "did I do something wrong? Speed up, slow down, change lanes? ANything???? I guess that's natural. But no, I always use the same lanes going thru there and never switch unles traffic is dead stopped.

Wow, that must've been a shocking sight from your rearview mirror.

Glad you're OK, Geezer!

I know that it had to be scary as all get out, but man, if I know you like I think I do, that had to be really cool to witness as well. Of course you don't want to see anyone get hurt, but damn geez.

Hell of a story, sounds like a movie. Glad you're ok.

Maybe it was Neo flying in to rescue Morpheus and the Keymaker?

I would've been shaking for more than an hour myself....Glad you are okay, hope the people involved are too...

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Glad to hear you are OK geez.

I was driving down to Atlanta a couple years ago, somewhere near Greenville, SC on a 6 lane interstate. I was in the middle lane on the southbound side and doing about 85mph when I see this little pickup truck go by me at at least 100mph because he passed me very quickly. But just after they passed me, they slowed down just slightly and the driver(the guy, about 21 maybe)) and the passenger(the girl, about 21 maybe) decided to swap seats driving at approx 85 mph. Needless to say, they lost control of the vehicle and swerved, just missed the median and then veered right into my path rolling the truck about 8 times, just barely missing me and then continued rolling to the side of the road and wrapped around a tree. If that wasn't bad enough, I had a Semi right behind me and when I slammed on my brakes, he did too, and probably only missed rolling over my rental car by inches.

I stopped as quickly as possible and went and helped the couple with a few other people that stopped to help. The guy had some scratches and was bleeding from the head, but seemed to be fine, but the girl was severely messed up. We helped him get out of the back window of the truck that was broken out, and he dragged her out, totally against our advice and laid her on the ground. She was awake but barely. She was busted up really bad. Her teeth had been broken out of her mouth and her arm was visibly broken, and who knows what else, but she was covered in blood. She kept complaing about glass in her mouth, but in reality, it was her teeth. We covered her with a blanket someone had in their car, and tried to make her as comfortable as possible until the ambulance arrived.

The state trooper asked for our witness reports and when he asked the guy who was driving, he told him he just lost control at about 65mph. No mention of what really happened. But the other witnesses and I made sure the truth was known.

The other thing that pissed me off was after he pulled her out and laid her on the ground, he pretty much walked away from her and pretty much ignored her until the polica arrived. While waiting for the ambulance he asked if he could use someones cell phone to make a call(they were traveling home to Louisiana). So one of the by standers that wasn't helping with the girl gave him her phone. He proceeded to call his mom and said "mom, I think I totaled the truck." But never once in the few minute conversation that he had did he mention the girl that was with him. I got the feeling that she wasn't supposed to be with him. At that point its time to fess up. When she's laying there, possibly dying from internal bleeding or something. I wanted to go up and smack that boy.

The accident scared the $#&* outta me. I was shaking for probably an hour after that. I was within inches of hitting the truck while it was rolling and then realized right behind me I was inches from being crushed by the semi.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron
    Glad to hear you are OK geez.

I was driving down to Atlanta a couple years ago, somewhere near Greenville, SC on a 6 lane interstate. I was in the middle lane on the southbound side and doing about 85mph when I see this little pickup truck go by me at at least 100mph because he passed me very quickly. But just after they passed me, they slowed down just slightly and the driver(the guy, about 21 maybe)) and the passenger(the girl, about 21 maybe) decided to swap seats driving at approx 85 mph. Needless to say, they lost control of the vehicle and swerved, just missed the median and then veered right into my path rolling the truck about 8 times, just barely missing me and then continued rolling to the side of the road and wrapped around a tree. If that wasn't bad enough, I had a Semi right behind me and when I slammed on my brakes, he did too, and probably only missed rolling over my rental car by inches.

I stopped as quickly as possible and went and helped the couple with a few other people that stopped to help. The guy had some scratches and was bleeding from the head, but seemed to be fine, but the girl was severely messed up. We helped him get out of the back window of the truck that was broken out, and he dragged her out, totally against our advice and laid her on the ground. She was awake but barely. She was busted up really bad. Her teeth had been broken out of her mouth and her arm was visibly broken, and who knows what else, but she was covered in blood. She kept complaing about glass in her mouth, but in reality, it was her teeth. We covered her with a blanket someone had in their car, and tried to make her as comfortable as possible until the ambulance arrived.

The state trooper asked for our witness reports and when he asked the guy who was driving, he told him he just lost control at about 65mph. No mention of what really happened. But the other witnesses and I made sure the truth was known.

The other thing that pissed me off was after he pulled her out and laid her on the ground, he pretty much walked away from her and pretty much ignored her until the polica arrived. While waiting for the ambulance he asked if he could use someones cell phone to make a call(they were traveling home to Louisiana). So one of the by standers that wasn't helping with the girl gave him her phone. He proceeded to call his mom and said "mom, I think I totaled the truck." But never once in the few minute conversation that he had did he mention the girl that was with him. I got the feeling that she wasn't supposed to be with him. At that point its time to fess up. When she's laying there, possibly dying from internal bleeding or something. I wanted to go up and smack that boy.

The accident scared the $#&* outta me. I was shaking for probably an hour after that. I was within inches of hitting the truck while it was rolling and then realized right behind me I was inches from being crushed by the semi.

YIKES!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    I know that it had to be scary as all get out, but man, if I know you like I think I do, that had to be really cool to witness as well. Of course you don't want to see anyone get hurt, but damn geez.

Hell of a story, sounds like a movie. Glad you're ok.
    You remember the movie THe Mummy...where they are running from the sandstorm, that's what I thought of when I saw that semi sidways in my mirror.

And yes HArddrive you know me well enough to know that I wanted to stop and go back to help....that lasted about 10 seconds.

****! That's why I don't like driving. Plane, taxi, bus, bike and a dog for morning runs - in a perfect world, those would be the only necessary transportation items

I'm happy you are ok!