Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: I don't think...

  1. #1
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default I don't think...

    ... that Ron will even show up for his scheduled meeting tomorrow.

    I think he's begging the Pacers to suspend him now so he can get this into some type of arbitration so that he can try to paint himself as the victim.



    The big, bad, mean Pacers tried to trade me to a team that I didn't like.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  2. #2
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Too much credit for Ron. I don't think he planned tonight, he just didn't think (again).

  3. #3
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Gosh I hope you're wrong, Jay...

    It's not that implausible, and that is what scares me...Do you think that Ron is smart enough to be that calculating though?



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  4. #4
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't think...

    See unlike some of you, I've never thought that Ron was that 'dumb'. In fact, you've got to be somewhat smart to be as selfish as he is.

    He has no sense of wrong and right, and teamwork, and of being the employee. But he's smart in a conniving, self-serving, self-promotion way.

    I think he can't handle pressure, and he's got a temper problem, and he's about as self-centered as possible. But I don't think he's either (1) dumb, nor (2) crazy.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  5. #5
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: I don't think...

    All that says to me is he's a mental child. Fits all of your descriptions, and doesn't require being conniving or intelligent. And it fits everything else we know of him.

  6. #6
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: I don't think...

    I'd say that the "meeting" is just a big ruse to get him to the mental hospital, but maybe Ron or "sources close to Ron" lurk on here so I won't say anything.

  7. #7
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: I don't think...

    If i were in the sunshine brigade, then I'd go to bed thinking that Golden State came through with a better deal after we had already agreed with the Kings. So Larry called Ron and had him say he wouldn't play there so the Kings would back out of the deal.

    But it's just Ron trying to do as much damage to the Pacers as he can.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  8. #8

    Default Re: I don't think...

    I think he will show up tomorrow...I think Larry will be waiting outside with a baseball bat in hand, rip his shirt off, then start beating his car only to get pulled away by Donnie, who then grabs the bat and starts beating Ron. A parking lot brawl then ensues between the Simons, Bird, Walsh vs. Artest, his agent, and Allure.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

  9. #9
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Well, I guess I didn't mean 'dumb' in that sense...I just think that the way his mind works, he doesn't give much depth of thought to his actions. More like he speaks and then thinks.

    Who knows, with the right kind of conniving agent, and with Ron's self-serving attitude, they may have cooked something up.

    I just can't see how any rational human being, let alone two if you count his agent, could feel like this course of action helps his reputation and 'speeds the process' so to speak...I mean, even if he can get arbitration, and somehow paints himself a victim, what is the ultimate goal?

    To get out of his contract so he is free to sign with NY or wherever he may want to go? Wouldn't he realize that this latest set of events only makes him look more unreliable, therefore less likely to 1) be received with open arms, and 2) get a contract more befitting his talent level?



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  10. #10
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,662
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't think...

    I would think that it is all Ron's Childishness, but his agent made the call to the Kings. There is some sort of plan here and I don't like it one bit.

  11. #11
    Member Knucklehead Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    874

    Default Re: I don't think...

    No I don't think ron is smart enough to be calculating. He's proven time and again that he reacts without thinking.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

  12. #12

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Well, if Ron didn't show up it was just because he hates losing so much. In the end he is just a guy who wants to play basketball. And even if he didn't show up I'm sure he would be a change man and learn from this experince.

    I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he blew off the meeting. It would be completely in character.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  13. #13
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... that Ron will even show up for his scheduled meeting tomorrow.

    I think he's begging the Pacers to suspend him now so he can get this into some type of arbitration so that he can try to paint himself as the victim.



    The big, bad, mean Pacers tried to trade me to a team that I didn't like.

    You don't really believe that do you

  14. #14
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Too much credit for Ron. I don't think he planned tonight, he just didn't think (again).
    OH Hicks I respectfully disagree. I think he knew that there was the possibility he wouldn't be traded to a team that he'd not like to be on/wasn't very good, and I think he knew he'd raise some kind of hissy fit.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  15. #15
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See unlike some of you, I've never thought that Ron was that 'dumb'. In fact, you've got to be somewhat smart to be as selfish as he is.

    He has no sense of wrong and right, and teamwork, and of being the employee. But he's smart in a conniving, self-serving, self-promotion way.

    I think he can't handle pressure, and he's got a temper problem, and he's about as self-centered as possible. But I don't think he's either (1) dumb, nor (2) crazy.

    You ever listen to him talk?? My moneys on the box of rocks................

  16. #16
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't really believe that do you
    Do you really believe the Maloof's would pull the trigger on this trade now?

    Straight up? I'm not talking about the Pacers' sweetening the deal because they'd have to. Ron + a #1 for Peja??

    The Kings don't have to sweeten the deal. There are plenty of teams that would pay fair value for Peja if they've really done some damage there. But I think the Maloof's can smooth that one over with Peja - right now its all just one big misunderstanding caused by an overzealous Jim Gray at ESPN.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  17. #17
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you really believe the Maloof's would pull the trigger on this trade now?

    Straight up? I'm not talking about the Pacers' sweetening the deal because they'd have to. Ron + a #1 for Peja??

    The Kings don't have to sweeten the deal. There are plenty of teams that would pay fair value for Peja if they've really done some damage there. But I think the Maloof's can smooth that one over with Peja - right now its all just one big misunderstanding caused by an overzealous Jim Gray at ESPN.

    Yes I do. As I mentioned in another thread. I think it is a 50/50 chance of happening. In fact I really think it is a better chance than that. But I'll stick with 50/50

  18. #18
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Ironically, neither of us like that trade in the first place.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  19. #19
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ironically, neither of us like that trade in the first place.
    Is it sad that we are all clinging to a glimmer of hope that a trade we don't want to happen will actually happen?

    I really wish that Ron could just understand that anywhere is a fresh start and that he only has to play for what, two more years and then he can opt out? Or is it just one more year, with a player option for another?

    If he has that much confidence in his abilities, it shouldn't really matter where he goes. Of course, we are now starting to understand that the only thing he thinks about more than himself is how much he hates competing and losing....

    Is that the driving force? How could he think that he will go to a contender? Is he that naive? Is he that misinformed?



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  20. #20
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,211
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't think...

    This thought may never have entered his head had he not been "interviewed" by the Clips. IMPO that gave him the idea that he wants to talk with the team leaders b4 hand.


    I'm still VERY curious about the Laker connection in this. His attendence at the Laker games is very suspect IMO. It may have been unintentional but there could still be TAMPERING issues there.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  21. #21
    Member larry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    815

    Default Re: I don't think...

    ron wants trade.
    hears walsh is famous 4 exporting goods 2 tronto/atlanta (i know),wants 2 stay.
    sees he's not comming back.
    buys a house in LA? thinks he will land where he wants even if its bad for us. SELFISH! he stops making $ if he doesn't comply, so he will. hell, he just bought a new house! i doubt sac takes him after he just screwed them w/o ever wearing a kings jersey. ??? pedja's a free agent anyway. it depends on other sqauds' interest in pedja.
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.




  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,644

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead Warrior
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I don't think ron is smart enough to be calculating. He's proven time and again that he reacts without thinking.
    I certainly think that Ron runs his mouth without thinking.

    But there's a ton of tension between Artest and the Pacers right now. I wouldn't put it past Artest to play games with the Pacers. There is absolutely nothing Artest can do to monkey with the Pacers.... except refuse to report to where ever we trade him. It's absolutely the only thing left in his bag of tricks to exert control over the Pacers.

    And he's exercising it right now.

    But I think it's about to blow up in his face.

  23. #23
    IllWill
    Guest

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thought may never have entered his head had he not been "interviewed" by the Clips. IMPO that gave him the idea that he wants to talk with the team leaders b4 hand.


    I'm still VERY curious about the Laker connection in this. His attendence at the Laker games is very suspect IMO. It may have been unintentional but there could still be TAMPERING issues there.
    Laker connection? He was in LA being looked at by the Clippers and Lakers and decided to attend the Laker game that night while he was there.

  24. #24
    Member larry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    815

    Default Re: I don't think...

    i doubt its maggette. i think we will get a player like al. we say LA, u get ron/kobe and ur gonna get a ring. here's a list of players on other teams... make them happy. LA gets ron w/o ever loosing odom. they can care less about picks, la can buy players! here we go again w/ this trade s--t!
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.




  25. #25
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,211
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't think...

    Quote Originally Posted by IllWill
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laker connection? He was in LA being looked at by the Clippers and Lakers and decided to attend the Laker game that night while he was there.

    How did he get Jeannie Buss' seat then (or so it was reported in ClubLaker)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •