Thread: Thoughts on the trade

Default Thoughts on the trade

Like I said before I dont like Peja he is soft, I didnt want him here. But he is here, No sense of *****ing about it now.

What have these Pacers always wanted? A shooter like Peja, we tryed with Jack and Sarunas and both of them didnt fit the role. Jack does great in other parts of the game but he is very streaky with his shot.

But look at the positives of Peja, the guy is one of the best shooters in the NBA. He was hitting 20 a game with CWebb helping him out now he has JO to take the pressure of him.

His defense? Look at Saras he sucks on defense but he doesnt suck as much as he did before because of Rick's defensive system that can hide that. Sure we may not hold opponents to 90 ppg anymore but they wont hold us to 92 ppg either.

If Peja turns out to suck, we just let him go at the end of the year and let Danny step in and start. Its not all bad guys.

Default Re: Thoughts on the trade

Well put.

JO does not pass as well as C-Webb. Still got to admit our team is instantly back to #2 in the east with a full roster. Now if we can get our heads out of our asses soon, look out.

I said this a long time ago when everyone was down on him defensively. The guy has some quick feet for a small forward and made a few decent defensive plays in the playoffs a while back. He actually stopped 3-4 guys from hitting the game winner in a series of games in the playoffs a while back.

You are right..we get something from nothing
    However I don't like the deal.it's because we need to keep waiting the champion again in the next few years...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh my god, I agree completely with Jermaniac. There is no emoticon to describe my emotions.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like I said before I dont like Peja he is soft, I didnt want him here. But he is here, No sense of *****ing about it now.
    I agree with you here. I don't like it as much as I would have loved a Pietrus/Biedrins deal....but I will live with it simply cuz we have no choice. I seriously believe that Walsh/Bird wasn't getting the offers that they wanted and decided to pull the trigger on this offer/deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    What have these Pacers always wanted? A shooter like Peja, we tryed with Jack and Sarunas and both of them didnt fit the role. Jack does great in other parts of the game but he is very streaky with his shot.

But look at the positives of Peja, the guy is one of the best shooters in the NBA. He was hitting 20 a game with CWebb helping him out now he has JO to take the pressure of him.

His defense? Look at Saras he sucks on defense but he doesnt suck as much as he did before because of Rick's defensive system that can hide that. Sure we may not hold opponents to 90 ppg anymore but they wont hold us to 92 ppg either.

If Peja turns out to suck, we just let him go at the end of the year and let Danny step in and start. Its not all bad guys.
    I was thinking of this ever since I heard the liklihood on Jim Rome's show this morning. I think that the offer that the Pacers put up to the Kings FINALLY happened cuz it met several requirements that Walsh/Bird were looking for:

A ) Get a starting quality player that can help us out this season.
    B ) Get a player with a matching salary that would allow us to trade Artest without trading Foster/Croshere/AJ/Freddie

The 3rd and 4th requirements that I think Walsh/Bird wanted ( but finally came to the conclusion that they can't get ) was that they wanted ( C ) a starting quality impact player that they can lock in for 2 to 3 years and ( D ) at least a young prospect out of this.

That's why I think they went after Maggette as it met 3 of the 4 requirements in trading Artest. But I think getting a player that can provide immediate help while not trading away Foster/Croshere/AJ/Freddie ( any of which would have to be included if the salaries didn't match ). It has become apparent with the absense of Artest that players like Foster, Croshere, AJ and Freddie play key roles on the team that I think that Walsh/Bird wanted to keep. All this means that Walsh/Bird wanted to make a serious run at the Playoffs THIS SEASON.

But I think that Walsh/Bird started this by hoping that we can get young prospects that could help us out in the future and at the same time get a player that can help us out this season. As the weeks dragged on, it became clear that they maybe able to do one but not the other.....leading us to a straight-up Peja for Artest deal.

I still don't think we can beat the Pistons without making a few more adjustments <<< COUGH COUGH Trade SJax and Tinsley COUGH COUGH >> but at least we can FINALLY get this behind us and move on with our lives.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash
    Oh my god, I agree completely with Jermaniac. There is no emoticon to describe my emotions.
    High five my friend

Mood

Hey guys,
    first off congratulations on finaly ending the saga. i am from La and get to see the kings quite a bit. I really think you guys got hosed!!! Artest by far a superiordefender, He aslo has better offensive game. I am a Laker fan obviously and i am not saying we had a better offer. What i am saying is its hard to believe walsh waited this long to do a deal, and this is what it ends up to be. Peja 3 years ago was a good deal, peja today is a player on the downslope of his career with nothing to give to you guys but a jump shot he is averaging about 16 per this year. Anyway good luck but I really think Sac town got the better end of this deal.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by purplengoldjonez
    Hey guys,
    first off congratulations on finaly ending the saga. i am from La and get to see the kings quite a bit. I really think you guys got hosed!!! Artest by far a superiordefender, He aslo has better offensive game. I am a Laker fan obviously and i am not saying we had a better offer. What i am saying is its hard to believe walsh waited this long to do a deal, and this is what it ends up to be. Peja 3 years ago was a good deal, peja today is a player on the downslope of his career with nothing to give to you guys but a jump shot he is averaging about 16 per this year. Anyway good luck but I really think Sac town got the better end of this deal.
    Short term...its hard to tell......long term.....you're probably right. It was becoming very apparent that this whole trade situation was decaying the very fabric of the team. In terms of why it dragged on this long is beyond me....but not knowing whether a player would be moved the next day was causing a problem for the team as a whole. This doesn't even take into account what toll it took on Pacer fans ( like us ).

All of us....players and fans alike...had to simply move on.

This deal for Artest for Peja....despite it not being the optimal choice in the opinion of the members here at PD....is infinitely better then anything the Lakers could have offered us IF it is true that the Lakers did not want to part with either Bynum or Odom. I may not like getting Peja...but I would have taken him before taking on Kwame+George for Artest+Croshere/Foster.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Anyway good luck but I really think Sac town got the better end of this deal.
    Today? Perhaps.

But when Ron goes "Tru Warier" on them it sure won't seem that way.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Gamble

Hey guys,
    Any team would have got a better deal talent wise. HOwever, if
    he turns around and chokes Kobe with his big toe then your going
    to have to come back and tell us we got hosed.

This trade in no way puts use back at the number 2 spot in the East.
    It may put us back into the playoffs but some more trades need
    to be done because Jax is going pop a blood vessel over this.
    This trade will either make or break RC.

If this is true... .

I wish we would of got Kwame instead of Peja, so I could become a Laker fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    Jump off the bandwagon already geez...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    Jump off the bandwagon already geez...

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    Short term...its hard to tell......long term.....you're probably right. It was becoming very apparent that this whole trade situation was decaying the very fabric of the team. In terms of why it dragged on this long is beyond me....but not knowing whether a player would be moved the next day was causing a problem for the team as a whole. This doesn't even take into account what toll it took on Pacer fans ( like us ).

All of us....players and fans alike...had to simply move on.

This deal for Artest for Peja....despite it not being the optimal choice in the opinion of the members here at PD....is infinitely better then anything the Lakers could have offered us IF it is true that the Lakers did not want to part with either Bynum or Odom. I may not like getting Peja...but I would have taken him before taking on Kwame+George for Artest+Croshere/Foster.
    Right on Cable.. I agree Peja was better than anything the lakers offered barring odom or bynum. i am one of those laker fans who would have happily served up Odom. Glad to see it's done and you can move on. Peja will probally want max money down the road.. so in the long run it may be you moved Ron for a player for rent. Cant see Peja being worth anymore than he makes now. good luck guys. Who know's maybe a change a pace will rejuvinate Peja, and carlisle will help him with his D. He doesnt play a lick of it now!

I can't remember what poster it was (claim your prize!) but he said we all missed the idea of Ron. I think that's true. Ron for Peja is a good deal. Idea of Ron for Peja is not a good deal. Our idea of Ron is the best perimeter defensive player in the NBA that provides an offensive mismatch every time down and has a decent shot while bringing an unrivaled intensity. That only exists in our heads however. Peja is much better than nothing and who knows, he might even fit in well! I actually like this deal from both sides. Sac is a team that needs to gamble. They were on a rebuilding track anyways, so if Ron goes Tru Warier then it doesn't matter...they were gonna rebuild anyways (and I don't doubt he will...my bet is he retires in a few years). If he is great then good for them! For us, Peja could be a great addition...if not, eh, what happened? Better than nothing, right? At least our guys can band together and not be afraid of an impending trade. Donnie and Larry told our guys that they have such confidence in them that they don't want to trade anyone of them away. That should build some team solidarity. I don't see why we can't be one of the more improved teams of the second half. The only thing that brings me down is our playoff fate...we'll prolly get into the second round again, only to face Detroit...am I the only one who thinks these divisions are fairly stupid?

We traded Ron for cap space.

That is all I have to say.

Sports Logo

Right on Cable.. I agree Peja was better than anything the lakers offered barring odom or bynum. i am one of those laker fans who would have happily served up Odom. Glad to see it's done and you can move on. Peja will probally want max money down the road.. so in the long run it may be you moved Ron for a player for rent. Cant see Peja being worth anymore than he makes now. good luck guys. Who know's maybe a change a pace will rejuvinate Peja, and carlisle will help him with his D. He doesnt play a lick of it now!
    Although it sucks......you're probably.

Sports Logo

Although it sucks......you're probably right.