Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,730

    Default Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Basically talking about the Artest situation (what else?), and no real news. However, Reggie says some things that really bother me.

    Patrick asked Reg what he thought was going to happen. If he thought a trade was coming soon. Reg's reply was that he may have big ears, but they weren't close to the ground (meaning he has no inside info), but that he thought the Pacers were not going to give Artest away, and might just "bite the bullet and ride out this thing."

    I'm taking that to mean that the Pacers would even just ride out Ron's entire contract if they have to. Seems absurd to me.

    Now here are the things he said that bothered me more.

    He said the Pacers might just go with what they've got "and that ain't very good."

    In reference to the Pacers, and TPTB in particular he said "Well, you reap what you sow.", and said it in such a...I don't know...disrespectful tone of voice.

    First off, let me say that I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech, so that is not my point, but...

    Here's a guy (Reggie) that the Pacers organization has treated like gold over the years, including six million dollars worth of gold right now, while he's not playing.

    Sure, he has earned his tribute night with his performance while with the team, but the way he talks about them now just bothers me. It is as though he has forgotten how the organization treated him, and was respectful of him for all those years.

    Does anyone remember when Reggie's house got torched, and how he was said to be ready to just give it all up at that time. Do you remember how it was reported that Bird told him how the Pacers were his (Reggie's) team and Indy was his city, and how much everyone involved cared about him?

    I guess what I'm saying is, why can't Reg just say something like, "Yes, this is a struggle for the whole Pacers organization, and its a shame because a lot of people with that organization have worked hard to make it what it is."

    Instead, we are treated to him basically saying, Well, it is there own damn fault. They've screwed this team up bad.

    I know that some of you will say that Reggie is just speaking his honest opinion, and that me be so. I wonder what goes through DW's mind when he hears those sort of comments from a man who used to be his team's number one son.

    Thoughts anyone?

  2. #2
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In reference to the Pacers, and TPTB in particular he said "Well, you reap what you sow.", and said it in such a...I don't know...disrespectful tone of voice.
    I didn't hear the interview, but I imagine he's referring to the fact that the Pacers org. stood by Ron, even when they shouldn't have.

    As for the tone: he's in broadcast now, so he's supposed to sensationalize everything; besides, he still has to convince people that he isn't biased in favor of the Pacers after 18 season, so he might err on the side of overdoing the criticism.

    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  3. #3
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,045

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    In reference to the Pacers, and TPTB in particular he said "Well, you reap what you sow.", and said it in such a...I don't know...disrespectful tone of voice.
    He said earlier this year that Ron wasn't the problem. That means the Pacers still have the problem, they haven't gotten rid of it so, "you reap what you sow," means he thinks the Pacers are dumb to not do so.

    I think it's Tinsley he's talking about.

  4. #4
    Member Napptown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    RUNS House
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    SOmetimes you have to hear these types of things in order to judge tone and attitude. If you are right about how he said everything, well then I feel it a shame. This orginzation and this town went over the top to let him go out right. They don't deserve any negative comments from him. Even if they are true.

    That said, Reggie is now in the entertainment business, and it was Dan Patrick. If other people read the tone the same as you ESPN will make a story of it. They seem to love making stories out of nothing. Suprised they aren't talking about TO right now.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,663
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    I think that Reggie knows about as much as we all do about Donnie's plans. Given the fact that Reggie is on TV all the time and on Dan Patrick's show about once a week, I highly doubt that DW would risk letting Reggie in on his plans.

  6. #6
    Member Dr. Goldfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He said earlier this year that Ron wasn't the problem. That means the Pacers still have the problem, they haven't gotten rid of it so, "you reap what you sow," means he thinks the Pacers are dumb to not do so.

    I think it's Tinsley he's talking about.
    I think he's talking about Carlisle.

  7. #7
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,759

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    I love how everyone thinks REggie is talking about one player.

    So ridiculous. He is talking about everyone, I mean Ron, Jack, Jermaine, Tins are BIG 4 all have major question marks. Reggie is not saying **** about the Pacers that isn't true.

    The Lakers at this point are a better team than the Pacers in my book. Because they have Kobe having a legendary season. But that is not even my point, the Lakers suck....i'm just saying the PAcers are a mediocre team right now. We play .500 basketball.

  8. #8
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he's talking about Carlisle.


    Are you serious ?

  9. #9
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,045

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he's talking about Carlisle.
    Could be, but Carlisle is consistent, and everyone knows he can coach.

    Tinsley is aways injured, has a questionable attitude, and has his own agenda at times. When you have a starting point guard like this it really effects the rest of the team negatively. The results are no cohesiveness, no chemistry, and other players acting up too.

  10. #10
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    I bet he is. We wont ever win a championship as Hardheaded Rick as the coach. I hope they fire him next year and get us a new start with a new coach.

  11. #11
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,045

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet he is. We wont ever win a championship as Hardheaded Rick as the coach. I hope they fire him next year and get us a new start with a new coach.
    Good coach's don't grow on trees. And other than the last two years when everything has been turned upside down he's had a great record. And not just with the Pacers.

  12. #12
    Member Dr. Goldfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    I am serious. Who's dosen't fit in? Jamaal Tinsley, Stephen Jackson, Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest or Rick Carlisle?

    Young, Black & Controversial vs Old, White & Conservative is the problem with this team. The core of the team wants high flying dunks, behind the back passes, blocked shots going into the 15th row, corn rows, afros, arm bands, head bands, alley oops & flash. While the management wants short shorts, chest passes, beat 'em at the line, grind it out, low scoring, defense oriented & by the book. They should just let these guys play "ball". They all got to this point playing "ball". We brought 'em here 'cause they can "ball". Let 'em do what they do.

    I'm embarrassed to hit the submit button on this one, but it might be true.

  13. #13
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,952

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Yep, that's the problem. Too many black guys on the Pacers, and too many white coaches.

    Am I the only one embarrased to read that?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, that's the problem. Too many black guys on the Pacers, and too many white coaches.
    Hey, maybe that's why Bird spends so much time in Europe hunting for white players.

  15. #15
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,045

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am serious. Who's dosen't fit in? Jamaal Tinsley, Stephen Jackson, Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest or Rick Carlisle?
    Your trying to make it racial when attitude is the problem. Fred, Danny, AJ, Gill, are all black but they don't have attitude problems. We just have too many guys with attitude, and it starts with your point guard.

  16. #16
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,952

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your trying to make it racial when attitude is the problem.
    Who doeasn't fit?

    Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace, Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups, or Flip Saunders?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  17. #17
    Member Jaydawg2270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,487

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, that's the problem. Too many black guys on the Pacers, and too many white coaches.

    Am I the only one embarrased to read that?
    I just ignored it

  18. #18
    Member Dr. Goldfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Yep, that's what I said. The Pacers have a street baller, two guys who didn't go to college & a well documented lunatic as their core players. These players don't fit into the structured & conservative offense Carlisle runs.

  19. #19
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,952

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, that's what I said. The Pacers have a street baller, two guys who didn't go to college & a well documented lunatic as their core players. These players don't fit into the structured & conservative offense Carlisle runs.
    ...but they fit SO WELL into the who-gives-a-***** offense that Zeke ran?

    Or was Zeke not "black" enough for them also?

    DO some research before throwing out racial blasts.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  20. #20
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,045

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, that's what I said. The Pacers have a street baller, two guys who didn't go to college & a well documented lunatic as their core players. These players don't fit into the structured & conservative offense Carlisle runs.
    That's not how you put it before.

    And these players have won 61 games in a season in that structured, conservative, offence Rick runs.

  21. #21
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,412

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am serious. Who's dosen't fit in? Jamaal Tinsley, Stephen Jackson, Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest or Rick Carlisle?

    Young, Black & Controversial vs Old, White & Conservative is the problem with this team. The core of the team wants high flying dunks, behind the back passes, blocked shots going into the 15th row, corn rows, afros, arm bands, head bands, alley oops & flash. While the management wants short shorts, chest passes, beat 'em at the line, grind it out, low scoring, defense oriented & by the book. They should just let these guys play "ball". They all got to this point playing "ball". We brought 'em here 'cause they can "ball". Let 'em do what they do.

    I'm embarrassed to hit the submit button on this one, but it might be true.

    Yeah, you should definitely unsubmit that one. You basically just said everybody is the problem.

  22. #22
    Member Jaydawg2270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,487

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    theres no reason to put race in any argument you should delete those posts

  23. #23
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,412

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydawg2270
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    theres no reason to put race in any argument you should delete those posts
    Agreed

  24. #24
    Member Dr. Goldfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    I'm not deleting that post. I think it may well be the problem with this team.

  25. #25
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: Reggie talking Pacers on Dan Patrick

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Basically talking about the Artest situation (what else?), and no real news. However, Reggie says some things that really bother me.

    Patrick asked Reg what he thought was going to happen. If he thought a trade was coming soon. Reg's reply was that he may have big ears, but they weren't close to the ground (meaning he has no inside info), but that he thought the Pacers were not going to give Artest away, and might just "bite the bullet and ride out this thing."

    I'm taking that to mean that the Pacers would even just ride out Ron's entire contract if they have to. Seems absurd to me.

    Now here are the things he said that bothered me more.

    He said the Pacers might just go with what they've got "and that ain't very good."

    In reference to the Pacers, and TPTB in particular he said "Well, you reap what you sow.", and said it in such a...I don't know...disrespectful tone of voice.

    First off, let me say that I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech, so that is not my point, but...

    Here's a guy (Reggie) that the Pacers organization has treated like gold over the years, including six million dollars worth of gold right now, while he's not playing.

    Sure, he has earned his tribute night with his performance while with the team, but the way he talks about them now just bothers me. It is as though he has forgotten how the organization treated him, and was respectful of him for all those years.

    Does anyone remember when Reggie's house got torched, and how he was said to be ready to just give it all up at that time. Do you remember how it was reported that Bird told him how the Pacers were his (Reggie's) team and Indy was his city, and how much everyone involved cared about him?

    I guess what I'm saying is, why can't Reg just say something like, "Yes, this is a struggle for the whole Pacers organization, and its a shame because a lot of people with that organization have worked hard to make it what it is."

    Instead, we are treated to him basically saying, Well, it is there own damn fault. They've screwed this team up bad.

    I know that some of you will say that Reggie is just speaking his honest opinion, and that me be so. I wonder what goes through DW's mind when he hears those sort of comments from a man who used to be his team's number one son.

    Thoughts anyone?

    I've wondered MANY times how much Ron Artest had to do with Reggie not coming back for another year on what looked to be a stacked team needing only his skills.
    It's been hinted at from time to time.
    Maybe he just gave his version..........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •