Thread: Playoffs on TV

Hybrid View

Default Playoffs on TV

Am I going to have to get NBA TV just to be able to watch all the Pacers' playoff games?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...arc&id=1772632

I remember last season when not all the Pacers/Boston games were carried on basic cable, and I was pissed.

Anybody know whasssup?

Sports Logo

Default Re: Playoffs on TV

Depends on who they face to an extent. But I would think being the top seed will probably put us on TNT. Last year we backed into the playoffs the way the Honets are right now. I would imagine they will be the ones on NBA TV this year.

I think it's more about ratings with big markets. Bet yer hiney the knicks are televised nationaly every game. Same with the Lakers.

Pacers have a relatively small market compared to those giants, so they will probably get the shaft.

If, for some reason a playoff game is just on nba tv, we should all get together for a playoff party at some sports bar or something!

Sports Logo

It is also about ratings and the Pacers are one of the biggest draws arround the league. They help sell out a lot of other arenas when they are in town. I believe the biggest draws are the Lakers then the Kings and then the Pacers.

That bodes well for us being on TNT this year.

PistonsDynasty

If you look at the overall all attendance at every game (Home @Away) the Pistons are 2nd in attendance only behind L.A. Lakers. Pacers are 14th.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attend...4&seasonType=2

Now if you look at home attendance the Pistons are #1 in the NBA with an average of 21,181 at home games. Pacers are 15th with an average of 16,445 per home game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attend...4&seasonType=2

Indy is a small market while other playoff teams in the East have way bigger markets like New York, Detroit, Toronto, Miami and Philly

Sports Logo

Thats weird I swear I read somewhere that the Pacers were one of the top draws in the NBA this year. I know in 00 we were #2 behind the Lakers.

If you look at the overall all attendance at every game (Home @Away) the Pistons are 2nd in attendance only behind L.A. Lakers. Pacers are 14th.

Now if you look at home attendance the Pistons are #1 in the NBA with an average of 21,181 at home games. Pacers are 15th with an average of 16,445 per home game.

Indy is a small market while other playoff teams in the East have way bigger markets like New York, Detroit, Toronto, Miami and Philly

If I were a TV executive and wanted to maximize my ratings. Road attendance is what I would use to show a teams relative popularity.

Pacers are 7th overall in road attendance and 3rd in the east. The Pacers average 17556. The pistons average 16705.

Cavs are number 1, Sixers are number two in the east

Cavs are number 1
    Which is why I'm rooting for Cleveland. No way they wouldn't put 'Bron on national tv.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wanna know what really sucks....
    Last year when the Pacers were relegated to NBA-TV, The games were blacked out by the Pacers!!! I have/had NBA League Pass with NBA-TV last year and still got the shaft for one game and ended up rolling pennies to go to Game 5! So, I fear us getting done again!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74