Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isn't Freddie Jones the Pacers best player right now

Default Isn't Freddie Jones the Pacers best player right now

I'm too tired to really get into this right now. But as I watch the team it looks to me that Freddie is the Pacers best player. Obviously J.O. is better, but he is not playing right now.

If you look back at the past 10 games or so I don't think there is any conclusion you can draw except that Freddie is the Pacers best player.

Default Re: Isn't Freddie Jones the Pacers best player right now

What is that saying, exactly?

Truthfully... I'm not really sure.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

He's the hottest player over the last 10 games or so.And it is his contract year.

Fred has been playing so well just unfortunate that he missed the 3 at the end, but if he had missed the shots he made from the end of the third quarter and all fourth, then that wouldnt have mattered much anyway.

Fred's been averaging around 15.6 points off the bench this month.

Fred rocks my world
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Same here. for some reason I was thinking about him again while writing the date Friday January 20th .. FJ20..

Sorry it just kinda popped up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Definately.

The downside is he's gradually pricing himself out of Indiana the same way James Jones did last season.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Pacesetter

Fred is really superfly in disguise! lol!

Yeah, restricted FA though right?

I'd be upset for monthes..maybe years..or seasons if we lose him I CANT EVEN WANNA THINK ABOUT THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's the hottest player over the last 10 games or so.And it is his contract year.
    Forget that contract year crap. He was our BEST guard LAST YEAR, before he got hurt at the end of the season. We beat the ****-ons WITH Freddie.

Whaddya guys think: would he be playing like this if he had a contract?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I do.

I just thought he was in the slump from preseason to the first few games of the regular season.

Alright so maybe the first 10 or so games but the good thing is that he's back to the Fred I know and love. averaging double figures off the bench and making some NBA History a few weeks ago. having 2 players score 20 off the bench or something..we did it for two games, Fred and JO then Fred and Runi.

Sports Logo

I agree that over the last 10 games he has been. I would not mind seeing a starting lineup of

Tins
    Fred
    Jack or Danny
    J.O. (if he is back)
    Harrison

Having Fred in the starting lineup would be great because he deserves it the only reason I'd hesitate doing that is because he seems to do better with the ball in his hands and that may or may not happen with him in the starting lineup with JO, Jack, etc .. whatever is more beneficial I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Definately.

The downside is he's gradually pricing himself out of Indiana the same way James Jones did last season.
    James Jones' situation is entirely different. JJ is gone because he was likely to find himself behind at least Jax, Artest and Granger. You cannot pay someone 3 mill or more when you know (think in this case) they will sit.

Unlike JJ, Fred brings several dimensions to the team on both ends of the court that the Pacers have in no other player. First, he is perhaps the team's best defender against quick guards. Second, he is potent on offense in a variety of areas: 3pt shooting, slashing, dunking...and he is becoming more creative with his drives...he can also hit the mid range jumper. But more than anything, he is showing consistent production and that is really getting the Pacers' attention. IMO, that is why Carlisle is saying FJ is considered a starter.

...and the Pacers have to recognize that FJ has been held back by several things including depth at SG when Reggie was here, Fred's own injuries...and of course the Ron Artest saga that has made it difficult for all of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Whaddya guys think: would he be playing like this if he had a contract?
    No. ...and I think the fact he is playing for a contract relieves him somewhat from the Ron Artest trade distraction. FJ has his work cut out and is going to work regardless where he ends up. Everyone else is just wondering where they might land....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fred is a PIMP.

Fred Jones is a very good player. He's versatile, moreover he could be a leader, more than Jackson when JO is away, on the last game over the Cavs Pacers came back thanks to him, he was the best player on Seattle game, we won over the Warriors thanks to his baskets on the 4th quarter.
    Besides, Sarunas and him, when they play together are very good! I think we should trade Jackson and AJ to start Jones and Jasikevicius as guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio
    I think we should trade Jackson and AJ to start Jones and Jasikevicius as guards.
    Ouch. I can't imagine the pain.

I like Fred and Saras a lot. But if we trade Jax and AJ, we better get a starter in the backcourt.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio
    Fred Jones is a very good player. He's versatile, moreover he could be a leader, more than Jackson when JO is away, on the last game over the Cavs Pacers came back thanks to him, he was the best player on Seattle game, we won over the Warriors thanks to his baskets on the 4th quarter.
    Besides, Sarunas and him, when they play together are very good! I think we should trade Jackson and AJ to start Jones and Jasikevicius as guards.
    If we trade "Wacko Jacko" and "AJ wannabe Styles" so Jones and Saras can start, whose gonna come off the bench?

Sports Logo

If anything.....Freddie has been one of the more consistent scorers on the team. Since Tinsley has been out....he's been shooting 46% from the field with 14.1ppg in 29mpg mainly as a 3rd scoring option on the team. Not bad. If given more touches...he seems to produce.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    James Jones' situation is entirely different. JJ is gone because he was likely to find himself behind at least Jax, Artest and Granger. You cannot pay someone 3 mill or more when you know (think in this case) they will sit.

Unlike JJ, Fred brings several dimensions to the team on both ends of the court that the Pacers have in no other player. First, he is perhaps the team's best defender against quick guards. Second, he is potent on offense in a variety of areas: 3pt shooting, slashing, dunking...and he is becoming more creative with his drives...he can also hit the mid range jumper. But more than anything, he is showing consistent production and that is really getting the Pacers' attention. IMO, that is why Carlisle is saying FJ is considered a starter.

...and the Pacers have to recognize that FJ has been held back by several things including depth at SG when Reggie was here, Fred's own injuries...and of course the Ron Artest saga that has made it difficult for all of the players.
    I mentioned most of what you said at the forum party a few weeks back.

Jones is playing more like he did prior to breaking his finger last season. Coupled with what have mentioned as well as my dislike for Jackson, I would be starting Jones.

Plus I would be working just as hard to trade Jackson as I am to move Artest, but thats another thread.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fred has played some great ball lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    I agree that over the last 10 games he has been. I would not mind seeing a starting lineup of

Tins
    Fred
    Jack or Danny
    J.O. (if he is back)
    Harrison
    If we let Danny and Fred start, Jack maybe can get back to what he was initially traded for: being the 6th man.

Btw, nice avatar, Ragnar!