Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarunas

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Sarunas

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No doubt. JT is more talented than Saras and is the better PG and will always be the better PG if he stays healthy. ....
    Don't quite agree. Tinsley is better individually. But Tins creates a 1-man, or, at best, 2-man offense. Saras gets more people involved, and, in my opinion, that will, eventually, make for a better offense.

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeS
    Maybe Jermaniac is right IF everything he says is true. Looks like Rick prefers him to suck at 2 than to play him a better game at PG. Maybe he put Saras in a starting 5 in order to have a better first quarter (to eliminate our problem). But it looks like he doesn't want Saras to play PG. BTW, I noticed that Rick is usually saying that other players like AJ, Tins does a little good thing when they actually play bad games, but he never mention Saras, no matter how good or bad he plays. It's not about the praising, I just thought, maybe he dislikes him?
    I tend to think Tins will be traded and Saras will get more of a chance to lead the team. Saras was hand picked by Larry Bird and Larry tends to get what Larry wants.

I actually think Saras is getting most of his minutes at SG because Tins or AJ will soon be traded and they want Saras to keep in game shape and be challenged to improve his primary weakness (defense) against tough SG's....and they want AJ to get minutes to keep him marketable. After the trade when Saras moves to PG, the defensive assignments will be easier and will make Larry and Rick look brilliant. JMAO.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    I tend to think Tins will be traded and Saras will get more of a chance to lead the team. Saras was hand picked by Larry Bird and Larry tends to get what Larry wants.

I actually think Saras is getting most of his minutes at SG because Tins or AJ will soon be traded and they want Saras to keep in game shape and be challenged to improve his primary weakness (defense) against tough SG's....and they want AJ to get minutes to keep him marketable. After the trade when Saras moves to PG, the defensive assignments will be easier and will make Larry and Rick look brilliant. JMAO.
    Interesting theory. Pretty hard to believe.

We trade Tins so Sarunas can be our starting PG then we are in deep ****. Might as well say good night to winning.

Mood

Jermaniac is right. I don't want to see that day when Runi will be forced to complain about Rick Carlisle's crap like Ron. Rick is a good coach at certain areas, but my little brother's middle school basketball coach can do a better job than him with the way he's handled Runi. There have been people that posted this before, that Rick should just be given an "exact" lineup in terms of talent because he tends to use the wrong people. Clearly last night we desperately needed offense and AJ wasn't giving it and JT was making errors after errors due to rust. RC didn't put Runi in til the last 30 seconds, and what do you know, we almost tied the game. It's not just Runi, Rick's subbing is ridiculous at times really. His offensive play calling suits a team more like Miami, not our Pacers because we can really run and gun. I hope there's a way we can relegate RC into an assistant coach and hire a Princeton offense type of coach or if not even a Saunders type would be fine.

Jerry_McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    We trade Tins so Sarunas can be our starting PG then we are in deep ****. Might as well say good night to winning.
    It's the other way round.

There are at least 4 key arguments for trading Tins:

1. Tins is unreliable in terms of health
    2. Pacers already know what Tins can make, and though he's a good
    PG that didnt lead to tremendous victories.
    3. Pacers wont trade Saras after his first half-season, so remaining trading
    options are Tins, AJ.
    4. Trading AJ only, and leaving Tins with Saras wont solve the problem. It
    seems Tins ego wont leave place for Tins+Saras combination. Another
    thing - who would be 3rd PG in case Tins misses games again?

My solution - Ron+Tins trade for new PG and small forward or good SG

Saras could try 1 PG, new guy would be backup, AJ takes SG position. In
    case of Saras or new guy PG illness - AJ could switch to PG temporarily.
    New small forward could be substitute/backup for Jackson, though SG, F
    positions are quite strong in Pacers.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter
    ignore works amazingly well.
    It doesn't work well enough. There needs to be a bull detector for people who aren't on the ignore list.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    It sounds like you have no problem with the fact that Tinsley is perpetually injured and therefore have very little problem with AJ being our starting PG on a regular basis. I do not dispute Tinsley's PG skills and I know it sounds stupid to "throw the baby out with the bath water"......but I really feel that his constant injuries has been a major factor for why we have always underachieved. He's been able to tough it out through the last 2 playoffs...but he's always had to limp into the playoffs.

Is Sarunas truly a better PG then AJ ( much less Tinsley )? To tell you the truth....I don't really know cuz he's always being played behind AJ in the PG rotation and not used to his full potential simply cuz he is playing out of position. Coupled with Carlisle's love of AJ....this will mean that Sarunas will become an expensive 3rd backup PG but more importantly playing out of position as a backup SG on a regular basis. To me......this means that Carlisle isn't using the players that he has on the team to its maximum potential.

However....if Carlisle would simply play Sarunas ahead of AJ in the PG rotation and move AJ over to backup SG to simply allow him to score instead of distribute the ball......then I would have less of a problem with keeping Tinsley. If that's not the case.....then the 2006 season is a chance to restart, rebuiild, retool. At this point....I would much rather see what we can do with having a different starting PG that isn't always injured.

Just like I am sick of having hotheads/knuckleheads/crazy players on the team.....having a starter that is always injured is a variable that I want to eliminate. The less variables that can derail a season that we have on the team is only going to help us out in the long run.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry_McGuire
    1. Tins is unreliable in terms of health
    2. Pacers already know what Tins can make, and though he's a good
    PG that didnt lead to tremendous victories.
    3. Pacers wont trade Saras after his first half-season, so remaining trading
    options are Tins, AJ.
    4. Trading AJ only, and leaving Tins with Saras wont solve the problem. It
    seems Tins ego wont leave place for Tins+Saras combination. Another
    thing - who would be 3rd PG in case Tins misses games again?
    The first is the only legitimate one.

A healthy Tinsley would lead us to more victories than a healthy Saras, no question. Unfortunately, we don't have a healthy Tinsley.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!