Thread: What do you think about Mike Bibby?

Default What do you think about Mike Bibby?

It may just be the times I watch him, but everytime I see him I love the way he plays. He has great court vision and knows how to play the game. He also has a knack for draining a "3" if his team is unable to create a good closeup shot. I can't think of a team I enjoy watching more than Sacto when they have got things going on.

Watching the Lakers play right now is the exact opposite of what I like to see. It is basically 5 guys watching a one man wrecking crew. When they do get the ball, they look like a deer in the headlights. "I'd better pass it to Kobe b/c Lord knows I have no idea what to do with this orange thing!"

Watching some of Kobes great moves makes for good Sportscenter viewing, but I find the overall basketball painful to watch. But one guy almost beat a pretty good Sacto team... pretty amazing when you think about it.

Default Re: What do you think about Mike Bibby?

I agree with you on the Lakers. The problem with Kobe though is that who is he suppose to pass to. Look at the bonehead descions Odom did late in the game. He's the reason they lost I believe. Maybe Kobe needs to defer a little bit to his teammates to get in them into a rhytm but at the same time I can't blame him if they don't inspire too much confidence for him.

I am also with you on Bibby. Slightly overpaid IMO but he's clutch as hell and one underrated PG.

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with you on the Lakers. The problem with Kobe though is that who is he suppose to pass to.
    Oh I agree, he is just surrounded by stiffs. Part of me thinks their next move should be a PG who gets them easy baskets with sharp passing. However, I'm not sure they'd know what to do with an easy basket if they had it. They need lots of help, but I'm sure they'll get it.

Just to follow up. I think that Bynum kid will be a good player down the line. And I honestly don't get Odom. He had some really good seasons (the one with the Heat comes to mind) but recently he's been pretty bad.

Sports Logo

Apparently...he's an offensive orientated PG that can pass the ball, hit FTs but can't play a lick of defense.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

And I honestly don't get Odom. He had some really good seasons (the one with the Heat comes to mind) but recently he's been pretty bad.
    What are you talking about? Odom is playing very well this year and he played pretty well last year too.

Sports Logo

Just to follow up. I think that Bynum kid will be a good player down the line. And I honestly don't get Odom. He had some really good seasons (the one with the Heat comes to mind) but recently he's been pretty bad.
    To tell you the truth...its hard to guage any player that plays next to Kobe.

On a scoring level, its difficult to guage how Odom does when he's playing next to Kobe. Kobe takes about 27 FGA per game....which is about 1/3 of all the Lakers shots...giving about 12 FGA per game for Odom. To give you proper perspective.....JONeal takes about 19 FGA per game and Freddie ( since Tinsley injury ) takes about 12 FGA per game. Offensively, Odom is the 2nd scoring option on the team but treated like a 3rd scoring option.

You would have to look at what else Odom provides....he pretty much does everything else...he's the initiator on the Triangle offense dishing out 5.6 APG and leading the team in rebounding with 9.3 RPG. Not bad considering that he's outrebounding Kwame and Mihm.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

DG-33

I think Mike Bibby has been overrated ever since the 2002 Western Conference Finals vs the Lakers. He's a star scorer, and a scrub when it comes to everything else. Check out his assist-to-turnover ratio. Ouch.

I think Mike Bibby has the best maintaned fingernails in the NBA.

I don't think Bibby is underrated anymore. But he hasn't won a Championship so I don't see who he could be overrated.

I think is solid but on the decline of his career. He'd be a nice addition in the short term but not a player to build around.

As for the Lakers while they don't have a point guard I'm not sure Phil would want one. I think what they want most is an up grade to their front line.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DG-33
    I think Mike Bibby has been overrated ever since the 2002 Western Conference Finals vs the Lakers. He's a star scorer, and a scrub when it comes to everything else. Check out his assist-to-turnover ratio. Ouch.
    This is true. And at that time on these forums (back in the RATS days), a Laker fan known as LedZepasomething had the audacity to try and convince me that Mike Bibby was a better player than Kobe Bryant.

However, though he is a little overrated, I do like the guy for the most part. He definitely doesn't shy away from big shots and comes through quite often in big-time games.

Mood

I was a Bibby and Kings fans prior to moving here in Indianapolis. Peyton Manning could use some of Bibby's "cool" in the clutch. I still think he looks like Mini Me's dad.

Bibby is a very good shooter and a great clutch shooter. He was the one who hit the big shots for the Kings back when they were good. He does not turn the ball over, he is a good ballhandler.

His defense is average at best. He doesn't have blow-by-ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Basketball
    This is true. And at that time on these forums (back in the RATS days), a Laker fan known as LedZepasomething had the audacity to try and convince me that Mike Bibby was a better player than Kobe Bryant.

However, though he is a little overrated, I do like the guy for the most part. He definitely doesn't shy away from big shots and comes through quite often in big-time games.

Hey Chauncey,

I'm not sure anyone ever told you or if you knew, but Ledzepcoltfan was killed in a car wreck about a year ago or so.

I know there was an entire thread on here dedicated to it but I can't find it now.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bibby might be the worst defensive starting PG in the NBA.

Fantastic offensive player, but very turnover-prone and pretty weak.

He got away with it last night because he was guarding Smush Parker.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I think he's paid too much money.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Hey Chauncey,

I'm not sure anyone ever told you or if you knew, but Ledzepcoltfan was killed in a car wreck about a year ago or so.

I know there was an entire thread on here dedicated to it but I can't find it now.
    Oh wow, I definitely did not know that