Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'd love to trade for Odom.

Default Re: I'd love to trade for Odom.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'd be better off as well, although I'm not sure which spot we'd play Odom. Do you play a JO/Odom/Granger frontcourt, or a Harrison/JO/Odom one?
    I'd like to see a Harrison/JO/Odom frontcourt and use Granger like Al was. Having to depend on Saras and Tins at point we would have to rely more on Odom to start the offense and putting Granger out with the second unit would allow him to develop his offensive game more.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Basketball
    This could also have huge implications to the Lakers long-term plans as well...if AJ and AC's contracts end in the next 1-2 years, exchanging Odoms salary for Rons will put them in a place to add two major pieces (the primary target being Chris Bosh)
    I hadn't pondered that angle.

So if you're the Lakers, would you do Ron/Cro/AJ for Odom/George/Vujacic?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Lakers wouldn't consider that deal right now - they are not shopping Odom - and aren't even really trying to move Kwame. Also Mitch is a long way away from giving up on Vujacic - that was his pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Pincus
    Lakers wouldn't consider that deal right now - they are not shopping Odom - and aren't even really trying to move Kwame. Also Mitch is a long way away from giving up on Vujacic - that was his pick.
    Quick question? Where did you hear this? I have read that they are listening to offers and not listening. So, both angles. Just wondering. What is your source?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Pincus
    "They're not shopping Odom" is different from "They wouldn't trade him for three starters and salary relief."

The third player doesn't need to be Vujacic... just a low-cost player that's a legitimate project. Or McKie and a protected draft pick.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

His source is the voices inside his head

I'd be cool with Odom or Maggette. I think the Pacers are deep enough, which is why I don't like the GS trades as much. Even before the Artest trade demand I was pushing for two for one trade to improve us (quality over quantity). Of course, I had no idea Artest would do this...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I hadn't pondered that angle.

So if you're the Lakers, would you do Ron/Cro/AJ for Odom/George/Vujacic?
    Tough, tough question. On one hand, the Lakers are looking for 3-run homers in the bottom of the ninth, thus the selection of Bynum over May or Granger. On the other, you can't swing at every pitch.

I think I'd have to give the players involved (read: Odom) more time to see if they can find their place in the offense before taking a chance on Ron. If Ron wasn't traded come the offseason and Odom didn't show any progress, I'd pull the trigger assuming I couldn't get a big man (Boozer) for him.