Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do they have to be such babies?

Default Re: Do they have to be such babies?

Quote Originally Posted by DG-33
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't agree with you. I feel the Pistons whining shows a lack of class and is truly annoying. I think the only ones who actually find the Pistons likable are Piston mother-hens.
    You're way too new around here to be able to say that without sounding like you're trying to bait people into a flamefest.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    You're way too new around here to be able to say that without sounding like you're trying to bait people into a flamefest.
    earl?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I know the idea that more than one person really doesn't think highly of Detroit at all may surprise some of you, but no, it's not 'Earl'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    earl?
    Way to early to jump to that conclusion. Let's just move on. Give the guy a break, that's just how he lives his life now.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I know the idea that more than one person really doesn't think highly of Detroit at all may surprise some of you, but no, it's not 'Earl'.
    Damn....

All this time I really though Anthem was Earl

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Damn....

All this time I really though Anthem was Earl
    Nope, I'm writerman.

Enjoy your time at PD!

What a weak thread. They just put on an absolute defensive showcase, and all that effort went to waste because of a "cheapy" foul. The reason this team is great is because of all the emotion they leave out on the floor. If "dancing around" after a cheap foul is called keeps them energized and playing well, I could care less.

Besides, the complaining is WAY down with Larry gone. Everyteam complains like crazy. It's just more noticable on the Pistons because Rasheed is a loud guy.

I would be much more concerned if they acted like they didn't care out there.

Hicks, I got exactly the same feeling when i saw sheed foot stomping and ben do the face thing. Tashuan had his usual arms up in the air thing (actually he does that on every call).

not that it is a big deal because lot of NBA players do it but I would like to see Ben, RW and TP tone it down a little bit. Kstat - your argument of that being an act to get up for the game is just WILD, to mildly put it.

Pacesetter

A trade for Frye and Artest would make sense + Isiah would get to keep his job in NY.

lol.

The most confusing thing about this thread is a pistons fan getting offended by a pacer fan on a primarily pacer msg board (even though there is some very good nba chat going on). kstat I have been reading this forum since its inception and have seen you post things about the pacers that have been hardly flattering ie. back handed compliments etc.

Kstat - your argument of that being an act to get up for the game is just WILD, to mildly put it.
    In an 82-game season, playing in a game where you can pretty much pick your final score, there's no real challenge there to keep the intensity up.

At this point, one of two things is going to happen. Either apathy is going to set in, or you're going to find a reason to get your adrenaline back.

The Pistons are never going to be perfect gentlemen, nor should anybody expect them to be. That said, they also dont do any more talking than most teams., at least not this year. They just get put on the spot because they're 32-5.

If you noticed, after that little display of emotion SHeed put on, we stole the ball on NY's next 4 posessions and the lead went from 17 to 27. It gave us a spark.

Old as Dirt

I guess the Pacers never whin well not all of them ,just most of them

King Mob

What Pacerwaala was saying is that your claim that Sheed reacted to that call the way he did primarily in order to fire up the team and not because he was upset at the call is pretty ridiculous.

"They do that to get themselves interested in the game. It's an act. They're playing the Knicks, and they kinda needed a booster.

It was less from the foul call and more because of the fact they had just blocked 3 layups in a row."

It's not "an act" that they put on "to get themselves interested in the game." I think they complain about calls because either they think they're bad calls, or because they're trying to influence how the refs call stuff, same as every other player in the NBA. But no Piston has ever said or even implied that they put on a display of outrage at calls that don't go their way to fire up the rest of the team.

King Mob

That said, Sheed is a bit out of control with it. I've seen him go up to contest a shot and get all elbow, and start howling and high-stepping when he got called for the foul. Although it's entirely possible he's complaining more about the inconsistancy in how the game is being called; if he gets called for contact when they've been letting them play physical for 3 quarters, then maybe he has a case.

Ben complains ALOT more than he did like 3 seasons ago. Back then you could throw a crossbody block at him and if the whistle didn't blow he'd just pick himself up and keep playing. I don't know what's gotten into him. I don't think he complains more than average, it's just a marked difference compared to the Ben of seasons past.

As for Tay, I don't think he's bad about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistoner
    Now I am a Piston fan, so maybe my judgement is a bit clouded, but I have to believe that the only people that find the Pistons unlikable are Pacer Fans.

Hicks I think it's called being agressive and having a determine attitude to keep things in flow.

alot of teams act this way i hate the Pistons but alot of teams have that.

Quote Originally Posted by indypacerfan54
    The most confusing thing about this thread is a pistons fan getting offended by a pacer fan on a primarily pacer msg board (even though there is some very good nba chat going on). kstat I have been reading this forum since its inception and have seen you post things about the pacers that have been hardly flattering ie. back handed compliments etc.
    "I'd agree except the Colts never had the luxury of championship experience."

You are correct sir as noted by the above Kstat comment. STat is a good guy, but he really enjoys busting our chops sometimes.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Guys...I dislike the Pistons almost as much as I hated the Knicks of the Ewing era. But when you have a whiner like Steve Jackson on your team, you have no room to be pointing at other teams players. Although Sheeds and Bens act last night shoulda drawn a tech for each...we still have Mr. Knucklhead ourselves. Until ours quit we can't say much about theirs.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Banned

Without reading the rest of the thread, I 100% agree with Hicks and feel the same about the Pacer and Laker players when they do it as well. Being upset with a call is one thing, but when you cry about calls non-stop it gets annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Guys...I dislike the Pistons almost as much as I hated the Knicks of the Ewing era. But when you have a whiner like Steve Jackson on your team, you have no room to be pointing at other teams players. Although Sheeds and Bens act last night shoulda drawn a tech for each...we still have Mr. Knucklhead ourselves. Until ours quit we can't say much about theirs.
    Of course I do. I don't associate with Stephen Jackson in any special way. He's a baby too. But the fact that there are scores of babies in this league makes no difference to my claim at the start of this thread. I could say the same about a lot of players. It's pretty sickening how prima-donna they all are. One of the things I like least about this league.

Wink Re: Do they have to be such babies?

Quote Originally Posted by indypacerfan54
    LOL, I have been amazed at the friendly accepting attitude by pacer fans of piston fans that live on this PACERS board. Our biggest rival.
    Says a lot about the quality of pacer fans.

In an 82-game season, playing in a game where you can pretty much pick your final score, there's no real challenge there to keep the intensity up.

At this point, one of two things is going to happen. Either apathy is going to set in, or you're going to find a reason to get your adrenaline back.

The Pistons are never going to be perfect gentlemen, nor should anybody expect them to be. That said, they also dont do any more talking than most teams., at least not this year. They just get put on the spot because they're 32-5.

If you noticed, after that little display of emotion SHeed put on, we stole the ball on NY's next 4 posessions and the lead went from 17 to 27. It gave us a spark.
    Sure. And Artests antics are only to fire his team up too.......................

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Of COURSE we can. It's called 'homerism'!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    Of COURSE we can. It's called 'homerism'!
    Good point. Least we can be honest about it.

Hicks....I agree, I hate it wherever is see it too.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..