Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do they have to be such babies?

Default Re: Do they have to be such babies?

Kings Mob's last two posts are on point.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mob
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what's gotten into him. I don't think he complains more than average, it's just a marked difference compared to the Ben of seasons past.
    It's called getting a couple of championships under your belt and expecting to get more calls that he feels SHOULD go his way because of that status.

It's a respect thing IMO.

IMO, its rub off from Rasheed.

Quote Originally Posted by DG-33
    Can't agree with you. I feel the Pistons whining shows a lack of class and is truly annoying. I think the only ones who actually find the Pistons likable are Piston mother-hens.
    Hope you weren't a Reggie fan .....

Reggie was my favorite player, and will probably remain so the rest of my life, but damn he could whine with the best of them. Yet, I consider him a class act for the dozens of other things he did in his career. Being loyal to a franchise, never calling a teammate out in public, stepping down and letting the young guys take more of a role without whining like other aging stars do .... I'm sure I could go on for a while. I feel the same about many of the Piston's players now, minus Rasheed. Anyway, if you were a Reggie fan, you're a hypocrite. That's the only thing I have to say on the subject.

Fan double standards? No way!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Fan double standards? No way!

Indy Pro Sports, Crushing your hopes and dreams since 1976

LMAO!! I was trying to think of a similar sig.

Now, now boys. You can't say anything bad about the deetroit pisstons. If you'll remember they've won the last TWO nba championships !

<--- We won BOTH years? Who said that?!?
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

Gamble

In any case it does a great dis service to the league if you have
    everyone crying after a call. I don't care if its the champs or
    the Atlanta Hawks its something i can't do at work and i bet most
    of you can't do it either.

IT creates a disconnect that makes being a fan of just the game and
    not a team that much harder. I know its silly for me to expect more
    out of guys whose characters are already questionable but
    overall i can't stand it in any sport. Maybe i am the only
    one but i highly doubt it.

C'mon Kstat, I'm late to this thread, but I did see the play in question. It wasn't so much the fact that he complained, but it was clearly demonstrative. They showed more emotion on that play than I see families react after their new home is revealed on "Extreme Make Over."

And no fan can pull out the homer card on this one, b/c Pacer fans continually belittle the moaning and whining from players like JO, Jax, and Tinsley. There are also many folks who get tired of the flexing and posturing that goes on as well. Just play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Of course I do. I don't associate with Stephen Jackson in any special way. He's a baby too. But the fact that there are scores of babies in this league makes no difference to my claim at the start of this thread. I could say the same about a lot of players. It's pretty sickening how prima-donna they all are. One of the things I like least about this league.
    But you didn't. You singled out the one team that you KNOW has fans on this board. The one team you KNOW will get people riled up. If you made "general" topic about it, sure. But you didn't. You didn't even mention anyone else. This was intended to be a total Piston-bash thread. I mean, I don't really care, but don't try to "clean things up" by saying "a lot of players" now that you've already gone and instigated it.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    But you didn't. You singled out the one team that you KNOW has fans on this board. The one team you KNOW will get people riled up. If you made "general" topic about it, sure. But you didn't. You didn't even mention anyone else. This was intended to be a total Piston-bash thread. I mean, I don't really care, but don't try to "clean things up" by saying "a lot of players" now that you've already gone and instigated it.
    If you think I did it to stir up the Piston nest, you can give that up right now. I've never been a fan of it, this one set me off enough to make a post about it.

NaptownBound

But seriously, is this not the pot calling the kettle black?

Don't we always complain about our guys complaining to the officials too much? I know one thing, I'd rather be complaining to the officials at 32-5 than at 21-16.

woman without a team

Of course I do. I don't associate with Stephen Jackson in any special way. He's a baby too. But the fact that there are scores of babies in this league makes no difference to my claim at the start of this thread. I could say the same about a lot of players. It's pretty sickening how prima-donna they all are. One of the things I like least about this league.
    I got this far in the thread and then I decided I should just say my peace and be done with it.

First of all I agree with everything Geezer said before the above quote of Hicks'.

Hicks, what is the point of singling out the Pistons when you admit you could say the same thing about a lot of players? Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like you're just looking for an argument. Or maybe you're just sick about the fact that the Pistons are really that good. I know it makes me sick, but I have decided to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I got this far in the thread and then I decided I should just say my peace and be done with it.

First of all I agree with everything Geezer said before the above quote of Hicks'.

Hicks, what is the point of singling out the Pistons when you admit you could say the same thing about a lot of players? Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like you're just looking for an argument. Or maybe you're just sick about the fact that the Pistons are really that good. I know it makes me sick, but I have decided to ignore them.
    I've seen them do it a lot. I've seen others do it a lot. I see Pacers do it a lot too. Which one struck me in particular over the others for no apparent reason? The last one I saw when I happened to see it. Last one I happened to see? The Wallaces. Read more into it then that, then you may as well write a fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    Hicks, what is the point of singling out the Pistons when you admit you could say the same thing about a lot of players?
    Maybe because that is the game he was watching.

Why the Wallaces are crying on tv. I better start a thread on how Paul Pierce always complains

Every player does after they are in the league for a year or so. Granger will probably do it next year or whenever he becomes comfortable. If a call is argued give them a Technical. Get it out of the game. It sucks and everyone does it.

Talking Re: Do they have to be such babies?

Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead Warrior
    Now, now boys. You can't say anything bad about the deetroit pisstons. If you'll remember they've won the last TWO nba championships !

<--- We won BOTH years? Who said that?!?

Man, that is two UGLY mofo's.

opcorn:

woman without a team

Read more into it then that, then you may as well write a fantasy.
    I already do. I'd refer you to my Ron and Dave do lunch story, but I think it's lost in cyberspace.