Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do they have to be such babies?

Default Do they have to be such babies?

Look, my respect has gone up for the Pistons by their play on the floor the past few years, but my God did you just see their toddler dance after a call they didn't like? I imagine their mothers saw the same thing when they said no more sweets before dinner when they were 3. Jesus.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Do they have to be such babies?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look, my respect has gone up for the Pistons by their play on the floor the past few years, but my God did you just see their toddler dance after a call they didn't like? I imagine their mothers saw the same thing when they said no more sweets before dinner when they were 3. Jesus.
    No offense, Hicks, but you're not coming off any better.

They do that to get themselves interested in the game. It's an act. They're playing the Knicks, and they kinda needed a booster.

It was less from the foul call and more because of the fact they had just blocked 3 layups in a row.

I'm sure nobody else here will agree with me, but oh well.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Yes. But I might feel differently if they weren't up 20. I mean, you're destroying a team on their home court, and you scream about calls that go against you?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They don't do that as much this year. Last year it was borderline embarrassing the way they carried on and complained to the refs. Really toned it down this year, thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat

They do that to get themselves interested in the game. It's an act. They're playing the Knicks, and they kinda needed a booster.

It was less from the foul call and more because of the fact they had just blocked 3 layups in a row.

I forget sometimes how much of a mother-hen you are with this team. Excuse & Mud-Sling Inc. You not only defend their child-behavior, but you decide to throw me under the bus while you're at it. Niiiiiice.

Hicks you knew what his response to this thread was going to be before you wrote it, didnt you? I knew it as soon as I read your post. Pistons cant do no wrong.

I forget sometimes how much of a mother-hen you are with this team. Excuse & Mud-Sling Inc. You not only defend their child-behavior, but you decide to throw me under the bus while you're at it. Niiiiiice.
    I just don't see the point.

I could name a dozen other incidents where critisism would be more warrented, but that barely qualified as anything. They blocked eddy curry 3 times at the rim, a foul was called, and Rasheed did a little foot-stomping.

It wasn't even ANGRY foot stomping, he was more or less laughing that the foul was called.

If you're the Pistons and you're up by 20+ in NY, you kinda need to look for ways to pump yourself up. They're just having some fun out there.

Not trying to throw you under the bus, Hicks, but I really dont get why now of all times you decided to complain about this.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

i agree because its true, im watching the game

Tell you what, though, these Pistons are scary. Flip did exactly what Bird did after Larry left, and they're better for it. Even if Ron was here and on his best behavior, I don't think we'd beat this team in 7 games.

Tell you what, though. New York could really use somebody like Ron. Too bad they don't have anything worth trading for.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Come on Hicks you should know by know the Pistons like Mary Poppins are practically perfect in everyway..... we cannot question them..

And every team that beats them that was their NBA finals for the year..

Although I have pretty much ignored them all year.. I am pretty much in the mindset of wake me up when they lose two in a row.. otherwise ... Although I think you can draw some good Comparison to them and the Colts of this year.. They have the luxury of Autopilot in a number of games... not sure if that will affect them at all down the road.. perhaps wishful thinking

Why Not Us ?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    i agree because its true, im watching the game
    I agree too. But to me it's the new mantra of this Piston team, not to keep themselves interested. Just because you're up 20 against a bad team doesn't mean you stop caring. Just because you're playing the worst team in the league doesn't mean you take the game off. That's one of the reasons for this great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Tell you what, though, these Pistons are scary. Flip did exactly what Bird did after Larry left, and they're better for it. Even if Ron was here and on his best behavior, I don't think we'd beat this team in 7 games.

Tell you what, though. New York could really use somebody like Ron. Too bad they don't have anything worth trading for.
    I would give Ron up for Channing Frye in a second.

opcorn:
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    Although I have pretty much ignored them all year.. I am pretty much in the mindset of wake me up when they lose two in a row.. otherwise ... Although I think you can draw some good Comparison to them and the Colts of this year.. They have the luxury of Autopilot in a number of games... not sure if that will affect them at all down the road.. perhaps wishful thinking
    I'd agree except the Colts never had the luxury of championship experience.

King Mob

I was thinking the same thing. I'd probably want a pick as well, though.

Re: Artest for Channing, that is.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    I would give Ron up for Channing Frye in a second.
    I doubt that they would trade their only bright spot in that dark garden.

I didnt say they would but he said they have no one worth trading for.

King Mob

This is Larry + Isaiah we're talking about though.

I'd agree except the Colts never had the luxury of championship experience.
    This is very true....

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    I didnt say they would but he said they have no one worth trading for.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I should have said "With Zeke labeling Frye as untouchable, they have nothing worth trading for."

I thought that was understood.

Enjoy your time at PD!

DG-33

The Pistons are really an unlikable team, because you're right, they're by far the biggest whiners in the NBA. Remember, Ben Wallace's whining is what originally started the brawl on 11/19.

Hicks is not paid millions of dollars a year to post on this forum. If he were, maybe we would then have the same expectations of Hicks as we do a NBA player, which is to behave like a professional should.......... until then, I glady roll my eyes at you, sir! Goodnight
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by DG-33
    The Pistons are really an unlikable team, because you're right, they're by far the biggest whiners in the NBA. Remember, Ben Wallace's whining is what originally started the brawl on 11/19.

A team that shares the ball, doesn't care who scores, all they care about is the W, have great chemistry on and off the court, starters on the bench in the fourth quarter standing up and cheering for the scrubs.

Now I am a Piston fan, so maybe my judgement is a bit clouded, but I have to believe that the only people that find the Pistons unlikable are Pacer Fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistoner
    A team that shares the ball, doesn't care who scores, all they care about is the W, have great chemistry on and off the court, starters on the bench in the fourth quarter standing up and cheering for the scrubs.

Now I am a Piston fan, so maybe my judgement is a bit clouded, but I have to believe that the only people that find the Pistons unlikable are Pacer Fans.

Just let it go. He's been trying to bait people all night with anti-Ben Wallace and anti-Detroit posts. Let him be and don't sink to his level. Put him on your ignore list and just pretend he doesnt exist. We don't need a flame war.

Also, he doesnt speak for every pacer fan here, trust me.

DG-33

Quote Originally Posted by Pistoner

Can't agree with you. I feel the Pistons whining shows a lack of class and is truly annoying. I think the only ones who actually find the Pistons likable are Piston mother-hens.