Thread: Do we need a Matt Carroll?

Default Do we need a Matt Carroll?

Watching the Bobcats game got me thinking about how we could really use a guy like Matt Carroll on this team. A pure lights out shooter. Yeah we have Saras but I think we could add another one.

A guy like Matt Carroll, Kyle Korver, Jason Kapono, Salim Stoudamire, Voshon Lenoard. Just someone to come in and try and knock down a 3 or 2. A guy who can spot up and spread the defense and help the Pacers get the momentum.

I'd love to have a guy like that to just come in and drain 3s.

DG-33

Default Re: Do we need a Matt Carroll?

Matt Carroll's 15-35 (.300) from downtown. So obviously he isn't a good example, but I know what you mean. We've got some long ballers. Saras and Austi are each hitting 41%+, Jackson hits 37%, and Freddie hits 34%.

Almost all the guys you listed are defensive liabilities. I'd prefer to have someone with an awesome mid range game like Rip. We've already got a bunch of players who can hit from deep.

What the team needs and what I'd emotionally like might be different things.

Let me describe what I'd really like on this team... a swingman with a deadeye outside shot who's not a defensive liability, is good in the locker room, doesn't need shots to be happy, and can make something happen without the ball in his hands.

That's why I wanted to keep James Jones. I know, he's not God's gift to the wing position. No, he's not better than Steven Jackson. Maybe he's not better than Fred Jones. Maybe this is as good as he'll ever be. But he provides something I really like in a bench swingman.

Just once, I wanted to see James and Granger on the court together at the 2 and 3 spots.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!