Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Davis gets 5 games

Default Re: Davis gets 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a hint of sarcasm because some people tend to think that Stern has it in for us. Maybe "hate" is the wrong word. See if this anaolgy rings just a little bit true. The manner in which Stern handled the Pacers and the aftermath of the brawl is akin to when Stern was 8 years old and liked to pull the legs off daddy long legs. He does it because he thinks it's fun.

[Yes the above is intended to be humorous sarcasm. If people can't understand what I'm trying to say I'll tell you what I tell people at work. "Don't pay attention to what I say. Just read my mind."]
    I'm not sure I buy in to the whole "Stern hates Indiana" argument, but he absolutely threw the book at us last year while lightly slapping the wrist of Detroit. I thought Artest deserved a major suspension, but Stern multiplied the previous penalty by about 6 times, so I thought that was harsh.

I also think it is in the best interest of the league to have major market teams be successful. When LA, Chicago, or NY are in the playoffs... ratings are going to be up.

Do I believe there is corruption in the NBA? I'm not sure. I'm not one of the folks who cries about the world being against us all the time, it just isn't my style. But, we have seen corrupt people in boxing, football, basketball, etc., so it wouldn't shock me either. If I thought it was prevalent, I wouldn't watch a game. But it is interesting how all officials tend to give out the star treatment etc. Perhaps that is more of a referee thing that has been handed down over the years. Ah well, who knows?

Default Re: Davis gets 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.nba.com/news/Davis_Suspended_060119.html

NEW YORK, Jan. 19 New York Knicks forward Antonio Davis has been suspended five games without pay for entering the spectator stands, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.

"We have made it plain to our players and our fans that players may not enter the spectator stands, no matter the provocation, and that violations of this policy will be treated with the utmost seriousness," Jackson said. "We have concluded, however, that Antonio's actions were the result of his belief that his family members required his immediate assistance, and have taken those mitigating circumstances into account in setting the length of the suspension."

The incident occurred with 1:04 remaining in the overtime period of the Knicks' 106-104 loss to the Chicago Bulls at United Center. Davis will begin serving his suspension tonight as the Knicks host the Detroit Pistons.
    Complete an total hypocritical BULL****. The son of a ***** should have a boil lanced on his scrotum. *******.