Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 121

Thread: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

  1. #26
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron ccccchoked
    fine with me.. Cleveland keep on losing.....

    Why Not Us ?


  2. #27
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    As bad as we are playing we are still #2 in the Central.

  3. #28
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As bad as we are playing we are still #2 in the Central.
    I know and like 1game or a game and half from having the second best record percentage wise..... after the Pistons it's wide open......

    Why Not Us ?


  4. #29
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    I just saw it yikes

  5. #30

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Antonio Davis better get 15 games plus. Does anybody else realize that we were just one drunk fan swing away from the brawl part 2. No doubt in my mind if someone were to hit Davis as he went to defend his wife he would have laid the dude out and bedlam would have ensued. You have to be consistent Stern.

  6. #31
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    This is totaly different, Tony shouldnt get more then 5 games. Ron's Wife and kids where not in the stands. And he didnt hit no body.

  7. #32
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is totaly different, Tony shouldnt get more then 5 games. Ron's Wife and kids where not in the stands. And he didnt hit no body.
    Neither did Ron until a fan hit him.

  8. #33
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither did Ron until a fan hit him.
    He did grab him and push him to the ground didn't he?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  9. #34

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Lets put it this way, say this same situation played out in week 3 of this year with Ron in Antonio's position. There is no doubt in my mind that he would have been kicked out of the league for good. I know its not the same situation and they don't have the same background, but shouldn't the punishment fit the crime. I suspect he'll get a 3 game suspension, and I'll continue to hate David Stern.

  10. #35
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by PostArtestEra
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Antonio Davis better get 15 games plus. Does anybody else realize that we were just one drunk fan swing away from the brawl part 2. No doubt in my mind if someone were to hit Davis as he went to defend his wife he would have laid the dude out and bedlam would have ensued. You have to be consistent Stern.
    I thought the same thing. If the guy had even looked like he might touch Antonio, AD would have decked him.

    Disagree that he should get 15 games, because there was no contact. But the lack of a brawl wasn't due to AD, because he went even farther into the stands than Ron.

    No, this doesn't make what Ron did right. But it surely shows that he's not the only guy who would ever do such a thing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  11. #36
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Knicks forward Antonio Davis climbed into the stands out of concern for his wife and was ejected without a scuffle Wednesday night during the Chicago Bulls' 106-104 overtime victory against New York.

    Ben Gordon hit a game-winning jumper at the buzzer and scored 32 points for the Bulls, but Davis' dash over the scorer's table and into the stands during overtime -- bringing back memories of last season's brawl in Detroit -- became the flash point of an already wild game.

    "I saw my wife being threatened," Davis said in a statement issued immediately after the game. "I felt I had to act. I did not have enough time to alert security."

    Davis did not elaborate as to why he ascended about 10 rows of seats to join his wife in the stands. There was no physical confrontation, but several people were pointing and shouting for a few moments before security arrived and Davis was ejected.

    A group of people in the area were later escorted away by United Center security.

    Knicks coach Larry Brown said Davis went into the stands because he saw his wife "falling back," but didn't elaborate.

    Brown was coaching the Pistons in November 2004 when an ugly fight broke out in the stands between fans and Indiana Pacers players during a Detroit home game. A black eye for the NBA, the brawl led to criminal charges and lengthy suspensions for Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson.

    But Brown was adamant that this situation should be viewed differently.

    "Come on, that's his wife," Brown said. "That's entirely different. I was worried about Kendra. That's why he went in the stands, he saw her falling back.

    "That thing that happened in the stands had nothing to do with the two teams. That's a man concerned about his family."

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260118004
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  12. #37
    Member jrm7one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Anybody else notice the fact that this happened on the eve of 1/19... Kind of weird to think about... Dates combining 1's and 9's are beginning to have a bit of bad luck wouldn't you say?

  13. #38
    Member jrm7one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knicks forward Antonio Davis climbed into the stands out of concern for his wife and was ejected without a scuffle Wednesday night during the Chicago Bulls' 106-104 overtime victory against New York.

    Ben Gordon hit a game-winning jumper at the buzzer and scored 32 points for the Bulls, but Davis' dash over the scorer's table and into the stands during overtime -- bringing back memories of last season's brawl in Detroit -- became the flash point of an already wild game.

    "I saw my wife being threatened," Davis said in a statement issued immediately after the game. "I felt I had to act. I did not have enough time to alert security."

    Davis did not elaborate as to why he ascended about 10 rows of seats to join his wife in the stands. There was no physical confrontation, but several people were pointing and shouting for a few moments before security arrived and Davis was ejected.

    A group of people in the area were later escorted away by United Center security.

    Knicks coach Larry Brown said Davis went into the stands because he saw his wife "falling back," but didn't elaborate.

    Brown was coaching the Pistons in November 2004 when an ugly fight broke out in the stands between fans and Indiana Pacers players during a Detroit home game. A black eye for the NBA, the brawl led to criminal charges and lengthy suspensions for Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson.

    But Brown was adamant that this situation should be viewed differently.

    "Come on, that's his wife," Brown said. "That's entirely different.
    I was worried about Kendra. That's why he went in the stands, he saw her falling back.

    "That thing that happened in the stands had nothing to do with the two teams. That's a man concerned about his family."

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260118004

    So the shoe is on the other foot... What do you think about it now Larry?


  14. #39
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by jrm7one
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody else notice the fact that this happened on the eve of 1/19... Kind of weird to think about... Dates combining 1's and 9's are beginning to have a bit of bad luck wouldn't you say?
    Plus Larry Brown was present at both incidents...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  15. #40
    Member jrm7one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Dispite the fact that I hate Ron Artest, for Stern's suspensions last year to have any credibility, the hammer's gotta come down hard.

    I did a Google search and found this article from the NY Daily News about the brawl last year:

    Stern called the riot "shocking, repulsive and inexcusable - a humiliation for everyone associated with the NBA." By saying that players "must not enter the stands whatever the provocation or poisonous behavior of people attending the games," Stern laid the groundwork for record fines and suspensions.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/254956p-218302c.html


    If Davis goes into the stands because of fans behavior, which was the case dispite the fact it was his wife he was trying to protect, he should get 73 games. Not that I think he deserves the punishment, but because the standard has been set by Stern, which was his purpose behind the large suspension last season. Ron Artest didn't deserve 73 games. But if that's the price for going into the stands, then that's the price for going into the stands.

  16. #41
    roleplayer
    Guest

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    He might get suspended, but I can't say I wouldn't have done the exact same thing in his situation.

  17. #42
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by roleplayer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He might get suspended, but I can't say I wouldn't have done the exact same thing in his situation.
    Oh, I would have. Absolutely. But I'd have done it and dealt with the consequences.

    I'm shocked the security angle isn't being hit harder. Where were those guys?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  18. #43
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus Larry Brown was present at both incidents...
    ...along with Ron Garretson and Mike Breen.

    And it anyone really cares what happened it looked to me like there was already a security person there with Kendra when Antonio got there. I wouldn't swear it was security, but a guy wearing the same suit escorted Antonio back down to the court.

    I'm sure Antonio will get some kind of suspension, but if he didn't I wouldn't have a problem with it. He went into the stands to make sure his wife and son were all right. He didn't touch anybody. He didn't break the radio play by play guys back. He went back down to the court without argument.

  19. #44
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    I say Stern gives him anywhere from 9-15 games.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  20. #45
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say Stern gives him anywhere from 9-15 games.
    Are you out of your mind? the guy tryed portecting his family.

  21. #46
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure Antonio will get some kind of suspension, but if he didn't I wouldn't have a problem with it. He went into the stands to make sure his wife and son were all right. He didn't touch anybody. He didn't break the radio play by play guys back. He went back down to the court without argument.
    All true. And I agree. I won't be upset if he doesn't get a significant punishment.

    But I'll always believe that if a fan had hit him, he'd have hit back.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  22. #47
    Member jrm7one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by roleplayer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He might get suspended, but I can't say I wouldn't have done the exact same thing in his situation.
    I would have done the same thing too, but if I had a bottle of beer thrown at me in the face and I knew exactly where it came from, I would have done what Artest did last season as well. As most have said numerous times, the 73 game suspension was excessive, but unfortunatly that was just Stern's way of setting the standard. I just saw the video on ESPN, and like PostArtestEra said, this thing was just one drunk punch away from becoming the brawl part 2.

  23. #48
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you out of your mind? the guy tryed portecting his family.
    So what? Rules are rules. You break em, you pay.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  24. #49
    DG-33
    Guest

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    There wont be a real lengthy suspension due to no violence going down, but still you can't run into the crowd, and he'll be suspended for 3-8 games IMO.

  25. #50
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,520
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Antonio Davis just ran into the stands in Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by jrm7one
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dispite the fact that I hate Ron Artest, for Stern's suspensions last year to have any credibility, the hammer's gotta come down hard.

    I did a Google search and found this article from the NY Daily News about the brawl last year:



    http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/254956p-218302c.html


    If Davis goes into the stands because of fans behavior, which was the case dispite the fact it was his wife he was trying to protect, he should get 73 games. Not that I think he deserves the punishment, but because the standard has been set by Stern, which was his purpose behind the large suspension last season. Ron Artest didn't deserve 73 games. But if that's the price for going into the stands, then that's the price for going into the stands.
    I agree, our guys didn't deserve the length of suspensions they got. AD should get similar treatment even though he doesn't deserve it either. Stern will look like more of a prick, if that's even possible, if he's not consistent.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •