View Poll Results: Do you want to murder Peyton Manning?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 14.29%
  • No

21 50.00%
  • I want to murder Bob Kravitz.

15 35.71%

Thread: Do you want to murder Peyton?

Default Do you want to murder Peyton?

Yesterday on PTI, started by saying that people in Indy want to kill Peyton. Today on Tony's radio show, he said, and I quote, "Everyone wants to murder Peyton." So, am I missing something? Do you?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Default Re: Do you want to murder Peyton?

I don't blame Peyton. I haven't before and I don't now. There are 11 men on the field, and while some are more important than others it is still a team effort...one man may be able to win it for you, but no one man can ever lose it for you...

redrum? On Peyton? No, no never. His evil playoff twin? There aren't enough devices in the Tower of London to inflict deserved pain on that scion of Beelzebub.

It's still just a game so no Murder. Also the thought of becoming Bubba's love slave pretty much prevents this from happening.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Murder is not what I want to do - but I have f-ing had it with him
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Murder no... torture yes.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Peyton for Michael Vick!

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton for Michael Vick!
    Now that WOULD be murder...

Horrid.

I say we trade Peyton for the rights to Marcus Vick (aka Roger Mexico) So that we can start the whole, we redeemed him, he could be a superstar, what can we get in a trade, cycle we have with Artest, all over again.

Mood

Why the hell is Bob Kravitz still an Indiana columnist??? This idiot is an attention ho himself. I've stopped reading his articles after like the third time I've read any of em. He wants to come off as if he's not a homer but he just really sounds like a nagative pessimist hater that loves to rub salt on our injuries pointing out the obvious. Give me something substantial and eye opening Crab-*****!!!

Anyway, no. Peyton chokes, but I still love Peyton. He's given this city more positive recognition than any one person (sports figure) not named Reggie Miller in the past half century. But if he still fails in 07 and 08, then it's definitely time to look for a new leader to steer our powerhouse offense.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder
    Now that WOULD be murder...

Horrid.
    Peyton for Vick horrid? Not really. With the weapons we got? It wouldn't be as efficient passingwise obviously, but could still be or even more lethal with Mexico's explosive style. With 88,87,83,44,81 and 32 with him, how much throwing talent does he really need?

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle
    Peyton for Vick horrid? Not really. With the weapons we got? It wouldn't be as efficient passingwise obviously, but could still be or even more lethal with Mexico's explosive style. With 88,87,83,44,81 and 32 with him, how much throwing talent does he really need?
    First things first we need to make sure 87 and 32 are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle
    Peyton for Vick horrid? Not really. With the weapons we got? With 88,87,83,44,81 and 32 with him, how much throwing talent does he really need?
    But do we really have major 'weapons' or is it a case where Peyton makes these guys all look good? Would our receivers make any QB look good? ....Or does our QB make the receivers look so good?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    But do we really have major 'weapons' or is it a case where Peyton makes these guys all look good? Would our receivers make any QB look good? ....Or does our QB make the receivers look so good?

-Bball
    I have always kinda thought that works both ways, and it also has alot to do with the offense line hes had. Put him in a situation where he doesnt have good recievers and a bad offensive line and hes not going to look good.

woman without a team

Voting for killing was tempting, but somehow I was able to control myself. Now had the option been to murder the liquored up most inaccurate accurate kicker in NFL history it would have been a different story.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    Voting for killing was tempting, but somehow I was able to control myself. Now had the option been to murder the liquored up most inaccurate accurate kicker in NFL history it would have been a different story.

Thank you.

Peyton got the Colts back in the game despite Tarik Glenn's and the entire right side of the line being a gapping hole. They made Joey Porter look like Superman and Peyton still marched the team down the field and had them in position to go into OT with the momentum.

Peyton didn't choke. Vandy did and to a lesser degree the offense line. Why is it that hard to see?
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball

-Bball
    I agree, Outside of Harrison, I don't know if any of are recievers would really be considered weapons with another quarterback. Payton puts the ball in their hands, and usually executes the perfect pass. Payton isn't the problem, the problem is that we were to an extent out-coached. For one, The starters should have been playing in a game situation more than what they did the two games prior to the wildcard round. They were rusty... end of story. Once they broke lose they were fine, but until they, they were playing terribly.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Manning for Vick?

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace
    Thank you.

Peyton got the Colts back in the game despite Tarik Glenn's and the entire right side of the line being a gapping hole. They made Joey Porter look like Superman and Peyton still marched the team down the field and had them in position to go into OT with the momentum.

Peyton didn't choke. Vandy did and to a lesser degree the offense line. Why is it that hard to see?

Did you forget that Manning threw an interception, and was only lucky enough to have the play wrongly overturned?

Do you notice Manning's mannurisms during a game? He is nervous as hell. Everything is fast for him, where as for a clutch player like Brady, everything slows down. You can tell that Manning is nervous in the big time situations.

Are you forgetting that Manning went down the field on a 2nd and 2, and then a 3rd and 2, when he had recievers open for short passes?

Manning is terrible under pressure. The Colts will never win anything with him.

Yes, Vanderjagt blew the kick, but you can't blame the loss on him. The loss must rest on the shoulders of Manning, coaching, and line.

300 passing yards, 58% completion rate, 1 touchdown, zero interceptions.

While I am not excusing Manning for some of the responsibility, i think this puts things in perspective.

He had a damn solid game. Especially considering the fact that he got sacked five times and was constantly eating turf.

90% of the QB's in this league would give one of their nuts to have a "down" game like this.

We had a poor offensive gameplan which did not adjust. Our defensive gameplan, was initially poor and gave up 14 quick points.

Manning wasn't superman, but everyone expects him to be (and rightly so).

We shouldn't run him out of town. Yet......

Go Colts.
    :thepacers

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987
    Do you notice Manning's mannurisms during a game? He is nervous as hell.
    Wouldn't you be nervous if the line wasn't protecting well?

Yes, Vanderjagt blew the kick, but you can't blame the loss on him. The loss must rest on the shoulders of Manning, coaching, and line.
    Yes, I can blame the kicker. Usually I don't like doing that, but ours sucks in pressure situations. The only reason we won that overtime game in Tampa a couple years ago was because a) they leaped and b) he got a lucky bounce off the upright.

I also blame the rest of the team for not playing as well as I know they can.

On a side note I'd like to thank the ref for blowing the call on the interception. He was only trying to make up for the injustice ten years ago when Kordell Stewart ran out of the end zone and then came back in for a "touchdown".

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    On a side note I'd like to thank the ref for blowing the call on the interception. He was only trying to make up for the injustice ten years ago when Kordell Stewart ran out of the end zone and then came back in for a "touchdown".
    Thank You! I have been thinking that all along, I just havn't said it. They have only made up for half of the injustice now. To make up for the other half they need to let Mike's kick on Letterman count so we can play the overtime.

Mood

I've had people privately ask me if this thread should be allowed, and I wanted to get a sense of the tone of it since I haven't been involved. I trust we're all being tongue-in-cheek, right?

woman without a team

You could start by asking if he was serious when he said it on national television.

What you could do is change "murder" to "burn his likeness in effigy." [insert joke about charbroiled badger burgers as main course at next forum party]

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I've had people privately ask me if this thread should be allowed, and I wanted to get a sense of the tone of it since I haven't been involved. I trust we're all being tongue-in-cheek, right?
    Oh, I fully agree that it's disgusting, which is why I felt I needed to put it up. It's bad enough that dip-**** doesn't know jack about anything, but to go on two national media outlets and say such things in a frank and serious manner is appalling to me.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!