Thread: Pacers vs Nets

Default Pacers vs Nets

I've let the Nets out of my site for a little while, so I'm not sure what to expect tonight.

Is this a game you'd expect the Nets to win, or us? I'd think we're pretty damn confident after last night, but that could lead to overconfidence (which equals a let-down), and even still we could just be tired.

What should go on tonight? Any idea?

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers vs Nets

Now that Tins is running the point I expect us to win. Remember that was his first game back and he was inserted when they had a huge lead and he nearly led us back into that one. We will get this one.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm always afraid of "underachieving" teams, tonight will not be an exception...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Yeah, we had a big win, but I don't see how anybody will be overconfident.

Reggie and Jermaine were the only players who did ok. Artest, Harrington, Bender, and Croshere should all be looking to make an impact tonight.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Should be a good game. I agree though with Tinsley playing pg he'll be a better matchup with Kidd. The pacers are hot right now, I just can't see the pacers losing this game.

If we play a good half-court style and don't let them get out and run, I think we will win.

They are not very good at playing the half-court game.

acers: n:
    I would rather be the hammer than the nail

Southside_Pacer

I really have no clue how big Rick, the staff, and the team as a whole take to bulletin board material, but perhaps they'll use Byron Scott's statement after the last time these two teams met when he said New Jersey is still the best team in the East.

This is really a huge game, and I think we'll win. I bet Artest has a huge game on both sides of the ball after having an off night against the Spurs.

I really want these next two games against N.J. and Detroit. We already own Detroit so far this season, but it would nice to make that resoundingly clear and take them down a peg.

I bet Artest has a huge game on both sides of the ball after having an off night against the Spurs.
    I could really see that. Between having a pretty bad night yesterday, and the fact that Richard Jefferson isn't as tough as Bowen.

I bet that those who are honest would not have expected to ever agree with the sentence that Tins would be better to stop Kidd <chuckles> though i agree 100%

I think we stand a more then good chance of winning and they know BS's statement, which in itself was BS, but that is aside.

I have a small feeling that the P's would like to make clear to Mr. B.S. that the P's are the best team in the East, and most likely even in the entire league at this moment.

JO is getting his shot back and without foul trouble as last night he will be a pain and i fully expect Jeff and Pollie to take out mr. Martin.

GO PACERS
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

If Anthony Johnson dunks tonight, we will win. You can mark that down.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The more you get back on defense, the greater the odds are that you'll win....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

The more you get back on defense, the greater the odds are that you'll win....
    We did a pretty good job of that our first time in New Jersey. Hopefully it will continue.

If Anthony Johnson dunks tonight, we will win. You can mark that down.
    He didn't dunk, but he was really, really wide open under the basket for a lay in, so I would count that as a dunk. :