Thread: So, Bball...

Default So, Bball...

How 'bout them JO-less Pacers?

Default Re: So, Bball...

Does Bball hate JO?

I was just going to make this thread Hicks.

Hey BBall, sure could have used that post scoring and shot blocking today, dont you think? But who cares we are a better team, we lost but boy did that ball swing around the 3 point line like never before. This team is not good with out Jermaine its actually very bad, the 3 doesnt fall and they are going to lose the game its easy to see.

Jermaine plays we win this game by 10, you are out of your mind if you think we are a better team without our best player.

Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does Bball hate JO?
    JO,Tinsley,Bender,Jack,Ron,Jeff,Cro,Saras,David,Gi ll,Granger, Freddie,Pollard, and AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    Does Bball hate JO?
    I think JO is overused. He's not Tim Duncan or Shaq but we use him like he is. ...And pay him that way too.

The difference he makes to this team IMHO is not nearly as profound as some think... or we all hope would be.

I said we play better all around basketball without JO. JO adds some things to the team, certainly... He also takes some things away. He's not one to make players around him better. And for the money he makes he has to be one of the mentally weakest players in the game as far as his ability to not let players or refs get in his head.

UB tells me that we just play a style that is more enjoyable to watch without JO but are better with him.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Boy that game that we just played was sure enjoyable to watch.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I think JO is overused. He's not Tim Duncan or Shaq but we use him like he is. ...And pay him that way too.

The difference he makes to this team IMHO is not nearly as profound as some think... or we all hope would be.

I said we play better all around basketball without JO. JO adds some things to the team, certainly... He also takes some things away. He's not one to make players around him better. And for the money he makes he has to be one of the mentally weakest players in the game as far as his ability to not let players or refs get in his head.

UB tells me that we just play a style that is more enjoyable to watch without JO but are better with him.

-Bball
    UB is wise, because that's exactly right.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

UB

2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Mood

I agree with Bball. This is probably the only thing we agree on Pacers wise. I just don't think we could do any better than him. I do hope that Rick changes how he uses him. But it's Rick, so that's just a pipe dream.

PN, your avatar rocks. Questionable Content rules!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

I agree; although if you didn't have sigs turned off, as your sig indicates, you would already know that I like it.

Well, can anybody tell me whose fault tonight's loss is?

I bet it's Gill.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy

I bet it's Gill.
    Samaki's !!!

Why Not Us ?

I'm starting to buy into the lack of hype surrounding JO. Sadly.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

I've felt for a while that he's a notch below Duncan/Garnett, but there's no shame in that, and that still makes him the best NBA player we've ever had if you figure in he's not a nutball like Artest (who WOULD be the best we've ever had if he'd not been a nut). Between what he is, what he strives to be, and his (mostly) improving attitude each year, I'm still very happy to call him a Pacer. I just think he'll need a slightly better cast than Duncan has if we're to win titles. Not much better, but slightly better. Frankly I'd still feel good about pairing him with someone around the level of Artest, only one that's not nuts. That may be enough if we have a good enough supporting cast to go with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I've felt for a while that he's a notch below Duncan/Garnett, but there's no shame in that, and that still makes him the best NBA player we've ever had if you figure in he's not a nutball like Artest (who WOULD be the best we've ever had if he'd not been a nut). Between what he is, what he strives to be, and his (mostly) improving attitude each year, I'm still very happy to call him a Pacer. I just think he'll need a slightly better cast than Duncan has if we're to win titles. Not much better, but slightly better. Frankly I'd still feel good about pairing him with someone around the level of Artest, only one that's not nuts. That may be enough if we have a good enough supporting cast to go with them.
    That is how I feel. We've got a pretty good supporting cast, we just need that second star. I want a perimeter player to pair with JO!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

And hopefully DG will be that not nuts player.

Possibly. If his offense blossoms next season he damn well could be.

I don't see DG going crazy, he's too grounded in his faith.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Mood

I've already seen things he's improved on this year. He's gone from a liability to one of the players I'm most comfortable with when they have the ball. He is the antiFred. He always looks in control out there.

I bet it's Gill.
    The blame lies with Ron, just like every loss since his trade demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I just think he'll need a slightly better cast than Duncan has if we're to win titles. Not much better, but slightly better.
    I'm not sure that's true. If JO had had Manu and Parker, he might already have a title.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I'm not sure that's true. If JO had had Manu and Parker, he might already have a title.
    That's very possible.

Though I think a healthy Tinsley is better than Parker. Jack, sadly, is no Manu -- not even at the top of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    That's very possible.

Though I think a healthy Tinsley is better than Parker. Jack, sadly, is no Manu -- not even at the top of his game.
    Parker's off and on. For a while, he looked like the best PG in the game (better than Payton, Kidd, and Marbury). Other times, he's looked distinctly human.

I will say, though, that his team's system fits him better than Carlisle's fits Tinsley. Also, he's been more durable.

But I definitely like Tinsley a lot as a PG. I just wish he could stay healthy.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I bet it's Gill.
    Uh, Jason Kidd's. You can combine that with your defense giving up too many open perimeter shots vs a team with little post offense (except you made Krstic look like an all-star) but who thought Kidd would shoot like Ray Allen?

I'm starting to see what makes Peck all weak in the knees over Croshere. Really good game from him.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire