Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Okay, how bout Saras 38?

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Okay, how bout Saras 38?

This game against the Nets again makes me think we need to gve Saras a real change to lead this team. During his stints today, he did make a few mistakes, but he also made several assists for dunks and hit a few threes, and other shots that, in the balance, helped us make good runs while he was in. But Rick can't see the forest for the trees and benches Runi after he makes a mistake or two, while all the while leading the team on significant runs.

Either BBall or Brichard (I think) has said several times they would like to see Saras start for several games and see how we do. Right now, he is just on too many egg shells psychologically. We need someone like him to lead the team and fuel the offense.

He is the kind of guy who will make mistakes here and there. He needs the freedom to do so. We need to see, Carlisle needs to see, if in the long run Runi's overall play helps bring the team to that next level we so desperately need.

We still don't know if he can do that. Anecdotally, to me, it looks like he can. If he can't fine. But let it be shown for a fact. We did, after all, spend a few million to bring the guy here.

Default Re: Okay, how bout Saras 38?

I wonder if Bird and Carlisle are really on the same page these days.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

cracktower

Saras played a decent game, he made a couple of threes and made a couple of really cool passes. At the same time Jacque Vaughn was really harassing him and had trouble bring the ball upcourt, those two steals was shameful.

Who do you choose a inconsistent PG who can be brilliant on one play and really suck on the next or a PG who is uninspiring but plays hard and produce respectable numbers though obviously not great numbers.

Honestly I don't know, I can only Jamaal can recover from his injury and come back soon. Jamaal is better then both AJ and Saras.

Sports Logo

I dont see Sarunas as a starting pg. He is better than AJ and I hope whenever Jamaal gets back that Sarunas would stay in the backup role.

I think what the team needs to do at this point (and remember I am Tinsley's biggest fan) is to trade Ron for a pg. If Denver is willing to trade Miller than get him!!

We need a pg who is both capable and durable. Aj is not capable and Tins is not durable.

Wink Re: Okay, how bout Saras 38?

Quote Originally Posted by cracktower
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saras played a decent game, he made a couple of threes and made a couple of really cool passes. At the same time Jacque Vaughn was really harassing him and had trouble bring the ball upcourt, those two steals was shameful.

Who do you choose a inconsistent PG who can be brilliant on one play and really suck on the next or a PG who is uninspiring but plays hard and produce respectable numbers though obviously not great numbers.

Honestly I don't know, I can only Jamaal can recover from his injury and come back soon. Jamaal is better then both AJ and Saras.
    Jamaal is better than AJ and Sara put together.

cracktower

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    Jamaal is better than AJ and Sara put together.
    are you saying Jamaal is better then a PG who can shoot and pass like Saras and play decent D like AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    I dont see Sarunas as a starting pg. He is better than AJ and I hope whenever Jamaal gets back that Sarunas would stay in the backup role.

I think what the team needs to do at this point (and remember I am Tinsley's biggest fan) is to trade Ron for a pg. If Denver is willing to trade Miller than get him!!

We need a pg who is both capable and durable. Aj is not capable and Tins is not durable.
    I'm not saying they would, but if DEN would be willing to give us Miller and Martin for Tinsley and Artest, would you do it?

No! I don't think that our PG's are the weakest spot. Even this game our backup PG's had quite good game. We surely could have won if other players had similar performances. We lose because Danny was a non-factor this time and Jax was 0 (or a minus). Imho we surely do not need yet another PG at half of the season.
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

cracktower

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I'm not saying they would, but if DEN would be willing to give us Miller and Martin for Tinsley and Artest, would you do it?
    From a talent point of view fu#k yeah, but when you see how much they are getting paid

Andre Miller is nothing special, if we get him at PG it'd be an upgrade but not a PG I'd be expecting to take us anywhere.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo

No I sitll would not trade Jamaal because he is better than Miller and we dont need Martin.

We can send them AJ as a throw in since he has had his best career game against them but the deal (that I also see as realistic) would be something along the lines of Pollard and Ron for Miller and Najera. Throw in AJ for whatever player they dont want.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DeS
    No! I don't think that our PG's are the weakest spot. Even this game our backup PG's had quite good game. We surely could have won if other players had similar performances. We lose because Danny was a non-factor this time and Jax was 0 (or a minus). Imho we surely do not need yet another PG at half of the season.
    Jermaine being out has a big impact on our game. We can still win with him out if Jamaal is healthy or we play a team with as bad of a pg as AJ. But to play against Jason Kidd without Jermaine and without Tinsley is not going to o our way 9 times out of 19. I thought Granger played fairly well keeping in mind he is a rookie.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I know I would. Finally a durable PG that can play some decent defense and pass at the sametime. His shooting isn't much good, but I'm willing to look over that as Sarunas as the backup could provide that with certain matchups. His contract stinks though.

K-Mart, though not nearly the player he was with the Nets, due to Kidd beying such a superb PG that made Martin better then he would have been probably about anywhere else, is still a good defensive PF who can intimidate, bang and actually score some points. I don't like his overall attitude and his GODAWFULL contract, but that doesn't make him a bad player.

Ron and Tins for Miller and K-Mart, yeah, baby!!!

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Jermaine being out has a big impact on our game. We can still win with him out if Jamaal is healthy or we play a team with as bad of a pg as AJ. But to play against Jason Kidd without Jermaine and without Tinsley is not going to o our way 9 times out of 19. I thought Granger played fairly well keeping in mind he is a rookie.
    Maybe we could have won this game with Tins, but it still does not make a sense to me if You want trade AJ and/or Artest for another PG. I think (half/healhty)Tins/Saras is a very good PG tandem and no upgrade at the spot will make significant difference (we also must take into account, that PG requires more time to adapt than other spot). And if Tins can't play >1/2 of the games - there is no sense to stick with him.
    IMHO we need a scorer at other position.
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

Andre Miller puts up good numbers on Craptacular teams.

I'd love to get Andre, just too watch everyone ***** about him, too.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    I'd love to get Andre, just too watch everyone ***** about him, too.
    Still trying to generate that quality basketball discussion, huh?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I'll tell you one thing. Tinsley isn't durable. Period.

...and he's only getting older and more vulnerable. Truth hurts.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Better to ***** on a player who actually plays then to ***** on a player who never plays .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

It has now come to the point, well actually last season it came to this point but since this is Donnie we are talking about here it will take a little longer, that Jamaal's liabilities now outweigh his assets.

19 games played 15 games missed & no end in sight.

Sorry, same story differant year.

Right now Ed Gill is more valuable to our franchise than Jamaal is & this is coming from a guy who is a fan of Jamaal Tinsley.

But the team we put on the floor yesterday was no differant than the team we put on the floor after the suspensions last season minus the fact that Jax was playing.

No Artest, No O'Neal, No Pollard, No Bender & still no Tinsley.

I actually feel very sorry for the Simons in a way. Look at the amount of money that is just sitting there wasted.

Injury's are one thing but with Jamaal it is now just beyond being patient.

I'm not saying it's his fault I'm not saying he is faking it, I'm just saying it no longer matters.

We cannot have a point guard who plays 5 games then misses 10 then plays 20 games & misses 6 & so on & so on until the playoffs till he will once again enter with some gimpy leg or muscle pull or something.

We need an upgrade at the one & we need it now.

A.J. is a good backup, Saras is also a good backup. Pick one, trade the other & let's get a new starting 1 & move on.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Let Saras play.
    He is Your starting and finishing PG. Start him 20 games in a row, with ~30-35 mins PT and Saras will do his job. Today I've watched LAL vs MIA. The Glove on Kobe... what this has to do about Defence ?????? But Payton was on Kobe all 4th qtr. So the D issue is not the one that we should be arguing MORE. Saras can play average defence and is The Genereal on offence... He's impact maker, but none of us would do any impact on their "team" (firm, corp.) if we will have to change departments creative <-> production ONCE IN 2 WEEKS (or even twice).

Saras IS NOT A SG. PURE PG. dot com

Js
    Wait a minute, whoa! Whoa! You don’t actually believe this crap! Do you? Dummy! Brain washed alien souls? E-meter and thetan levels? Those people out there buy that crap. But I thought you were smart enough to see what’s really going on!
    What's better than telling people a stupid story and having them believe you? Having them pay you for it, stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    A.J. is a good backup, Saras is also a good backup. Pick one, trade the other & let's get a new starting 1 & move on.
    I dont get it...

You want to trade AJ/Saras and keep Tinsley after all what you said before?! [to which I agree whole-heartedly]

Or did you mean trade Tinsley and AJ/Saras for a decent starting PG (Andre Miller?) ?

Kestas

Quote Originally Posted by NPFII
    I dont get it...

You want to trade AJ/Saras and keep Tinsley after all what you said before?! [to which I agree whole-heartedly]

Or did you mean trade Tinsley and AJ/Saras for a decent starting PG (Andre Miller?) ?
    trading Saras for somebody of a simmilar price (which is very low) would be insane. and Bird would probably have to retire from management as well.
    Saras will be the (co)leader of this team in a year or so imho.

Banned

Saras is not a starting PG for an NBA contender. If he's going to be your starter, you're basically saying that you can't compete with the top teams in the league. That may very well be the case, but those hoping that Saras is going to be a starter for years to come are sorely mistaken. He's a 6th/7th man that you can throw in at PG and SG. Thats it. He'll never be able to give you more than he gives up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Basketball
    Saras is not a starting PG for an NBA contender. If he's going to be your starter, you're basically saying that you can't compete with the top teams in the league. That may very well be the case, but those hoping that Saras is going to be a starter for years to come are sorely mistaken. He's a 6th/7th man that you can throw in at PG and SG. Thats it. He'll never be able to give you more than he gives up.

The exact same thing was said about Tony Parker when he came into the league. His defense was suspect and his leadership qualities were questioned. All he has done is win two rings with SA. He is an essential part of that equation. Same with Chauncey in DET, how many people said he wouldn't be able to get it done, now he is arguably the MVP of the league right now. I am not saying Saras is in that same league, now; but we won't know if we don't try. He is a born leader and has proven it with his previous teams, we are lacking direction and floor leadership from our PG position, why not try him? What the hell did we bring him here for? To back up Jamaal? To do that, he would have to be injured at this point so he could carry Jamaal's bags. Let the kid start, bring AJ off the bench and fire this thing up!

MarcD
    "Because clever got me this far, then tricky got me in..."