Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Question for Kstat

  1. #1
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,366
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Question for Kstat

    Recognizing that with Ron gone we are no longer serious contenders, I'm wondering if there is a trade out there that the Pacers could make that would draw your attention.

    Before answering...ignore the obvious Duncan, Shaq, KG, Yao "ain't happening" trades. What would you see as a trade that could make you go hmmm?

    yeah yeah...I know....We were NEVER a serious threat to your beloved Pistons anyway....just answer the question. (with all due respect)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  2. #2
    Member Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Scottsburg, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,349

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    You know he is gonna say Ron for Darko.
    AKA Sactolover05

  3. #3
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,366
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know he is gonna say Ron for Darko.

    Ouch...I shoulda thunk of that and banned it. CONSIDER THAT A BANNED ANSWER, KSTAT.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  4. #4
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,667

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    I think that KSTAT has answered this before. I seem to recall that he thought that all we needed was a solid Big Man to play next to JONeal.

    I think its a combination of a decent Big Man and a very solid perimeter defender that can guard quick Guards like Rip and Billups.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. #5
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    IF we could count on Jack and Fred to be consistent, and Tins not to always be injured, then I'd be all for a quality big man to pair with JO.

    Those are some BIG IFs, though.

  6. #6
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Depends what you mean by "draw my attention."

    I haven't seen any eye-opening deal so far for Indy that actually had a chance of happening.

    Maggette is by far the best player that has been offered for Ron so far, and I thought even he was very damaged goods.

    I suppose all trades that havent been rumored yet have to be classified as "aint happening" trades, because I cant tell what other GMs are thinking.

    Sure Pierce for Artest would be a coup, but I dont honestly expect donnie to trade artest to an eastern conference team.

    That eliminates half the league.

    Now you eliminate teams like Dallas, SA, Phoenix, teams that dont need to take a risk on Artest, and Utah and Portland, two destinations that are obvious no-way scnarios.

    That leaves you to a list of about 10 teams:

    Houston- Not much you can get from them.

    Memphis- Mike Miller is the best player you can expect from them. Good player, too, so long as he's a 6th man.

    NOK- JR Smith, David West. Both are good players with promise, neither a difference-maker right now.

    GS- Pietrus- Excellent prospect, wont help you immidiately.

    Clippers- Maggette- best player youve been offered, but probably wont really help till next season. Might turn a head in 2007, by which time he'd be merely a bigger stronger replacement for freddie Jones.

    Kings- Peja- Bad fit. Not because the guy can't play, but because you'll have to start him over granger long-term to make the deal work.

    Lakers- I wont consider Odom or Bynam until the Lakers do, and they haven't. So you're left with what, Devan George? You may as well dress donnie up n a girl's outfit and send him to Kobe's hotel room.

    Denver- KMart, Lenard. I actually like the idea of a KMart-JO frontline, despite the fact KMart shoots like a drunken sailor. He'd make the offense a little worse, but the defense a lot better. I do question how an undersized frontline at both positions can hold up over a season, though.

    T-Wolves- Olowakandi. See Devan George, Lakers.

    Sonics- Evans, Collison. One can rebound, the other can score, neither can do anything else.

    So the list of possible top candidates is:

    Maggette
    Miller
    KMart
    Pietrus

    All quality players, but none of them really make me say "wow." Mike Miller is the only guy on the list that can help really you now, but he's a 6th man at his best. KMart could go either way. Pietrus has a ton fo promise, but not much immidiately.

    If Maggette were %100, he'd fall into the "wow" category, but if he was healthy the Clips wouldnt be offering him in trade.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  7. #7
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends what you mean by "draw my attention."

    I haven't seen any eye-opening deal so far for Indy that actually had a chance of happening.

    Maggette is by far the best player that has been offered for Ron so far, and I thought even he was very damaged goods.

    I suppose all trades that havent been rumored yet have to be classified as "aint happening" trades, because I cant tell what other GMs are thinking.

    Sure Pierce for Artest would be a coup, but I dont honestly expect donnie to trade artest to an eastern conference team.

    That eliminates half the league.

    Now you eliminate teams like Dallas, SA, Phoenix, teams that dont need to take a risk on Artest, and Utah and Portland, two destinations that are obvious no-way scnarios.

    That leaves you to a list of about 10 teams:

    Houston- Not much you can get from them.

    Memphis- Mike Miller is the best player you can expect from them. Good player, too, so long as he's a 6th man.

    NOK- JR Smith, David West. Both are good players with promise, neither a difference-maker right now.

    GS- Pietrus- Excellent prospect, wont help you immidiately.

    Clippers- Maggette- best player youve been offered, but probably wont really help till next season. Might turn a head in 2007, by which time he'd be merely a bigger stronger replacement for freddie Jones.

    Kings- Peja- Bad fit. Not because the guy can't play, but because you'll have to start him over granger long-term to make the deal work.

    Lakers- I wont consider Odom or Bynam until the Lakers do, and they haven't. So you're left with what, Devan George? You may as well dress donnie up n a girl's outfit and send him to Kobe's hotel room.

    Denver- KMart, Lenard. I actually like the idea of a KMart-JO frontline, despite the fact KMart shoots like a drunken sailor. He'd make the offense a little worse, but the defense a lot better. I do question how an undersized frontline at both positions can hold up over a season, though.

    T-Wolves- Olowakandi. See Devan George, Lakers.

    Sonics- Evans, Collison. One can rebound, the other can score, neither can do anything else.

    So the list of possible top candidates is:

    Maggette
    Miller
    KMart
    Pietrus

    All quality players, but none of them really make me say "wow." Mike Miller is the only guy on the list that can help really you now, but he's a 6th man at his best. KMart could go either way. Pietrus has a ton fo promise, but not much immidiately.

    If Maggette were %100, he'd fall into the "wow" category, but if he was healthy the Clips wouldnt be offering him in trade.
    I think far more teams and players could be in the mix than the ones you mention if we can orchestrate a 3 or 4 team trade.

    For example, if we trade Foster and Artest for Odom and a draft pick, then we can send Odom to a 3rd team for players that suit our needs better -- and that opens it up to a lot of possibilities, as teams are probably more likely to take a chance on Odom right now than Artest.

    Of course, I don't expect the current contenders to get involved (Detroit, Miami, San Antonio, Phoenix), or the teams that are competing with the Lakers for Artest, but that still leaves A LOT of teams, including most of the East.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  8. #8
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    What about three team deals? I know that Larry said he'd prefer a two team deal but what if we could sway some sort of deal boston's way where they would get young players or maybe a point guard and picks? And do you really think Donnie would hesitate to deal Artest to Boston (a team in another division that isn't going to be a threat for a while) if it gets us Pierce?

  9. #9
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Bird has already said he doesnt expect to make a 3-way deal. I'm simply going on what's been said.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  10. #10
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about three team deals? I know that Larry said he'd prefer a two team deal but what if we could sway some sort of deal boston's way where they would get young players or maybe a point guard and picks? And do you really think Donnie would hesitate to deal Artest to Boston (a team in another division that isn't going to be a threat for a while) if it gets us Pierce?
    Boston's already met indiana in the postseason the last 3 years straight. That's the last place donnie wants ron to go.

    Not to mention, donnie knows better than anybody what artest can do to pierce. He doesnt want that to see that work in reverse.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  11. #11
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think far more teams and players could be in the mix than the ones you mention if we can orchestrate a 3 or 4 team trade.

    For example, if we trade Foster and Artest for Odom and a draft pick, then we can send Odom to a 3rd team for players that suit our needs better -- and that opens it up to a lot of possibilities, as teams are probably more likely to take a chance on Odom right now than Artest.

    Of course, I don't expect the current contenders to get involved (Detroit, Miami, San Antonio, Phoenix), or the teams that are competing with the Lakers for Artest, but that still leaves A LOT of teams, including most of the East.
    Beat me to it! Hehe.

    There seems to be plenty of possibilities that don't fit us but might fit other teams (like Kmart or something from GS or a combo pack from Houston -that pick isn't bad).

  12. #12
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird has already said he doesnt expect to make a 3-way deal. I'm simply going on what's been said.
    Where did you get that? All I've read is he expected a 1 for 1 or 1 for 2 trade, rather than bringing in multiple PACERS.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about three team deals? I know that Larry said he'd prefer a two team deal but what if we could sway some sort of deal boston's way where they would get young players or maybe a point guard and picks? And do you really think Donnie would hesitate to deal Artest to Boston (a team in another division that isn't going to be a threat for a while) if it gets us Pierce?
    As a for instance, Artest and sweetner/filler to LA, Odom to Boston, Pierce to Indiana.

  14. #14
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boston's already met indiana in the postseason the last 3 years straight. That's the last place donnie wants ron to go.
    I don't see them wanting Artest anyways...why corrupt that young core? I'd only like em in a three-team deal.

    For arguments sake, however...I don't see anybody meeting Boston in the postseason for a while so wouldn't sending him to Boston be much, much safer than say, Washington. That's a trade that would seem unlikely to me, for the reasons you have mentioned.

  15. #15
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    I'm not saying its impossible for Indiana to get a "we're contenders again" deal, I'm just saying I don't see one out there so far.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  16. #16
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not saying its impossible for Indiana to get a "we're contenders again" deal, I'm just saying I don't see one out there so far.
    Agree. Though I thought Maggette was that for the future (maybe next year). So if we do a deal for anything less than Maggette or hold out to the end of the year I am going to be VERY disappointed.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Just my two cents.......I've always thought Chris Kaman would be an obtainable and perfect fit for this team.That is a realistic and good trade for both the Clips and us.
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

  18. #18
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just my two cents.......I've always thought Chris Kaman would be an obtainable and perfect fit for this team.That is a realistic and good trade for both the Clips and us.
    I don't think the Clips would trade the first legit center they've had since Bill walton, even for Artest. 7-footers with skill dont grow on trees.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #19

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Pierce would definately make me look twice. Artest was never a HUGE factor against us though (not like he was against other teams), because he can't stop our best scorer, and he never really plays great offensively against us. But Pierce is a much better scorer.

    Maggette and Odom are borderline.

  20. #20
    cracktower
    Guest

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just my two cents.......I've always thought Chris Kaman would be an obtainable and perfect fit for this team.That is a realistic and good trade for both the Clips and us.
    I love that trade, clipper fans are also skepticle about Donald Sterling making too much of an effort to keep him once be becomes a free agent.

  21. #21
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Kstat question would you mind if Ron was a Piston?

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,276

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kstat question would you mind if Ron was a Piston?





  23. #23
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pierce would definately make me look twice. Artest was never a HUGE factor against us though (not like he was against other teams), because he can't stop our best scorer, and he never really plays great offensively against us. But Pierce is a much better scorer.

    Maggette and Odom are borderline.
    Are you Piston fans even slighly worried that we might get Pierce? BTW, I agree with your point about Artest. The Pistons team persona worked against Artest...no HUGE leading scorer to shut down...the clutch scorers were Rip and Chauncy but both were too fast for Ron...

  24. #24
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kstat question would you mind if Ron was a Piston?
    I've said before that Ron's my favorite non-piston to watch play.

    I've also said I'd never want to be worrying about one of my players suddenly killing my season.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  25. #25

    Default Re: Question for Kstat

    Even with out ron I still think we match up "ok" with the pistons. I think danny granger will defend Prince as well as Ron did. Ron was only put on rip out of desperation, when rip is on nobody will be able to stop him. Just like when reggie was on nobody could contain him.

    I still think with a healthy roster minus artest they have their share of difficulties matching up with jo and jackson. We have yet to see tinsley at full strength against them, but I remember him being fairly effective against them anyway.

    It would definately take some luck to win a round from them, but that is why they play the games. I am most worried about the loss of reggie than artest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •