Thread: Here's a Clip Trade that works even with Q being injured and having to wait for him:

Hybrid View

Default Here's a Clip Trade that works even with Q being injured and having to wait for him:

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
    Scot Pollard
    6-11 C from Kansas
    3.0 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.1 apg in 13.6 minutes
    Fred Jones
    6-2 SG from Oregon
    9.2 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 25.9 minutes
    Eddie Gill
    6-0 PG from Weber State
    0.8 ppg, 0.3 rpg, 0.2 apg in 3.0 minutes
    Incoming
    Corey Maggette
    6-6 SG from Duke
    21.7 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.5 apg in 34.1 minutes
    Sam Cassell
    6-3 PG from Florida State
    16.2 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 6.7 apg in 34.7 minutes
    Chris Kaman
    7-0 C from Central Michigan
    10.2 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 31.6 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +15.7 ppg, +7.5 rpg, and +5.3 apg.

L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Corey Maggette
    6-6 SG from Duke
    21.7 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.5 apg in 34.1 minutes
    Sam Cassell
    6-3 PG from Florida State
    16.2 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 6.7 apg in 34.7 minutes
    Chris Kaman
    7-0 C from Central Michigan
    10.2 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 31.6 minutes
    Incoming
    Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
    Scot Pollard
    6-11 C from Kansas
    3.0 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.1 apg in 13.6 minutes
    Fred Jones
    6-2 SG from Oregon
    9.2 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 25.9 minutes
    Eddie Gill
    6-0 PG from Weber State
    0.8 ppg, 0.3 rpg, 0.2 apg in 3.0 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -15.7 ppg, -7.5 rpg, and -5.3 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana and L.A. Clippers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and L.A. Clippers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I don't really think the Clips would do this but it fits, the Clips get Artest, lose an injured Maggette, get three expiring contracts in Jones, Gill, and Pollard but the big thing is Kaman. The Clips are always rebuilding and don't ever seem to keep anyone for very long so Kaman may be expendible. Just a thought since I just heard the the possible 1-1 trade of Artest for Maggette is possibly off. Pacers get Cassell (maybe for only one year) and he is the type of Pt. Guard that can take you to the next level. This would possibly open up another trade later on for Tinsley (if the Pacers want to get rid of him). That is the bad thing (which is a good thing) of 3 pt. guards that can be really effective. Cassell only has a one year deal.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Default Re: Here's a Clip Trade that works even with Q being injured and having to wait for him:

Q?

Default Re: Here's a Clip Trade that works even with Q being injured and having to wait for him:

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Frisbee
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Q?
    Sorry 'bout that. I work with a guy I call Q and for some reason I associated that with Corey Maggette and also associate (for some stupid reason) with Quintin Richardson. The guy I work with has a last name starting with Q and that is what I call him. So, all things were working against me. It's been that kind of a week.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry 'bout that. I work with a guy I call Q and for some reason I associated that with Corey Maggette and also associate (for some stupid reason) with Quintin Richardson. The guy I work with has a last name starting with Q and that is what I call him. So, all things were working against me. It's been that kind of a week.
    Yeah, I understand that... I do the same kinda thing all the time

I don't think the Clippers would make that trade because I think they are trying to win this year and it would involve trading 2 of their starters (well, 3 if you count Maggette)

Otherwise, its a pretty fair deal I think...

Cassell? Screw him, gimmie Shaun Livingston.