Thread: P.F. Chang's

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default P.F. Chang's

Hi all, some friends and I have made reservations at P.F. Chang's this weekend, a restaurant to which I have never been. I've heard good things about P.F. Chang's, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations they'd like to share.

So, what do you think?
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Mood

Default Re: P.F. Chang's

I like the lettuce rolls (sans lettuce.) I didn't like the lamb. And I love lamb. Not much to say other than that.

Chang's Spicey Chicken is excellent and I've had about everything on their menu. But that is my favorite

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ighlight=Chang

I wonder if we'll ever have a restaurant thread that hasn't been done before.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ighlight=Chang

I wonder if we'll ever have a restaurant thread that hasn't been done before.
    Well, this thread is for people to suggest specific dishes at a specific restaurant, not a general request for good Chinese restaurants, so
    Dean Winchester: It takes two to... you know, have hardcore sex.

Love PF Chang's food, although when I went here in Charlotte, the service was horrible.

Hopefully, the service is much better in Indy. And I agree with UB, the Spicy Chicken is excellent.

beaversnducks311

the garlic noodles are excellent! and they also taste wonderful as leftovers. in case you want to take anything home with you .

Sports Logo

This is my favorite restaurant. I usually get Kung Pao Chicken. It is their “spiciest” dish, but... not really. It is just wonderfully marinated chicken, the best I have ever had. It is especially good over white rice. It is a great restaurant! Have fun! (Last time I was there I sat at a table next to Tony Dungy)

lettuce wraps =

Quote Originally Posted by beaversnducks311
    the garlic noodles are excellent! and they also taste wonderful as leftovers. in case you want to take anything home with you .
    Tell the Avenger to take me some time.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Most of PF Changs food is overpriced crap. My favorite chinese in indy is the little resturaunt in the Glen Lake Plaza on 6500 N Keystone. The have an awesome menu and all of the food is prepared very unusual. Try pupu platter on the flaming hibatchi grill and the flaming volcano drink for 2 for an appetizer. The also have the best hot and sour soup I have ever tried. As far as entrees try walnut chicken or seafood in clay pot.

This place is local owned and very reasonably priced. The buffet sux and is the same as any other chinnese buffet, but the food off the menu is excellent.

If im in the mood for some sushi I just go right up the street to Sakura. Far and away the best sushi in indy. It blows mikado away. Be prepared to wait though its always busy.

Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Tell the Avenger to take me some time.
    There will be no taking! Unless perhaps you are paying...

Harmonica

Chains suck. For the most part. Find a family-owned Chinese restaurant and support them instead. They need your patronage far more than a multi-national conglomerate with their mediocre offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Chains suck. For the most part. Find a family-owned Chinese restaurant and support them instead. They need your patronage far more than a multi-national conglomerate with their mediocre offerings.
    I agree. Don't support these cookie-cutter joints with their menus and ingredients trucked in from the coasts. There are lots of great locally owned and operated places to choose.

I like Mark's Pi's in Nora. They are really good. Not sure if they are locally owned or are owned by some muitinational terrorist organization. But I don't care, I just like their food.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Well I must say I was disappointed. We all ordered a different meal and sampled a bit from each. I don't understand why everyone loves the lettuce wraps. They were average. I thought the Chang's Spicy Chicken was pretty good (although I don't think it was that impressive), while I hated the Mu Shu Pork (too sweet). The eggplant was decent, I suppose.

I'm sure there are items on the menu that I'd enjoy much more, but first impressions tell me I won't be going back.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty
    Well I must say I was disappointed. We all ordered a different meal and sampled a bit from each. I don't understand why everyone loves the lettuce wraps. They were average. I thought the Chang's Spicy Chicken was pretty good (although I don't think it was that impressive), while I hated the Mu Shu Pork (too sweet). The eggplant was decent, I suppose.

I'm sure there are items on the menu that I'd enjoy much more, but first impressions tell me I won't be going back.

Should have went for the Kung Pao or Mongolian Beef. Chicken Fried Rice is good also.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty

What did you expect? It's P.F. "250 locations serving you" Chang's.